Pages:
Author

Topic: best wallets to use - page 2. (Read 505 times)

legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330
Slava Ukraini!
March 21, 2019, 07:09:11 PM
OP, when you're making threads like this one, put some effort. Now you just posted some links in random order without any details about wallet. It doesn't help to decide which wallet to use at all. You need to specify type of wallet (web, desktop, hardware) and explain which one are best to use. For example web wallets aren't recommend to use, while paper and hardware wallets are safest to use, desktop wallets is optimal for most users, but it doesn't gives maximum security.
P.S. FYI Bitpay and Bitgo isn't a wallets at all, it's crypto payment proccessors for business. And it's not Blockchain.info anymore, it's Blockchain.com
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
March 21, 2019, 04:47:55 PM
~snipped~

I hope that I helped you at deciding which wallet to use ..

How can it be a help for deciding what's wallet to be used if you just shared some links and you didn't spend time sharing your views at it. You should add some details if you really want to suggest the best wallets* to used.

You didn't add some sorting or categorizing too. Newbies might think that third party wallets is 100% safe*.

Although there are threads like that before, I suggest to reconstruct your post and make it more informative.
Activity: 2982
Merit: 678
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
March 21, 2019, 04:20:52 PM
I stopped using xapo's wallet when they implemented the high fees. I thought they already stopped  because I have no news about them and rarely hear them through suggestions.

Exchange and online wallets shouldn't be considered as best wallets.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18509
March 21, 2019, 04:09:20 PM
No offense OP, but that is a terrible list. You are including a bunch of online wallets, which shouldn't really be called wallets at all, as you trusting an unknown third party to hold your bitcoins for you. If you kept $1000 in cash at a stranger's house, you wouldn't say it is in "your wallet". The only coins you should keep in an exchange are coins you are actively trading, and there is pretty much no reason to ever use a mobile wallet. Coinbase in particular is a very poor choice given their history of shady activities and the fact they say they will "back up" your private keys to the cloud - that's a huge security risk.

The best wallets to use are paper wallets, trusted hardware wallets (Ledger or Trezor), a full node, or Electrum.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129
Bitcoin FTW!
March 21, 2019, 04:04:52 PM
Here's the link to the Ledger official store (click here) if anyone's interested in buying any authentic Ledger products here. Link to the Ledger site in OP only leads to the Ledger Live application and doesn't have much information on the wallets that Ledger offers. You will likely find cheaper prices for used and new Ledger units from third-party sellers, but there's an elevated chance a device from a third-party is compromised and you could lose your coins from a compromised device. Even direct from the manufacturer, reset the wallet when you get it- applies to any hardware wallet you might get.
Activity: 686
Merit: 45
March 21, 2019, 03:41:14 PM
What you have here is a combination of multi-currency wallets, hardware and online wallets as well as iOS and Android wallets. To be honest all those different groups shouldn't go in the same basket in terms of security.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 4133
eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.
March 21, 2019, 03:00:48 PM
You do yourself no good by hodling you coins/tokens for long term in wallets you don't have control over your private key, there's no difference between them and exchanges since your fund can be hack or you get denial access to your cryptocurrency for some stupid reasons. If your intentions isn't for trading or short term usages, I don't advice you use them.

Ps: the best wallet to use are hardware/paper wallet and nothing else.
Activity: 84
Merit: 0
March 21, 2019, 02:47:03 PM
Why did you recommend online wallet like coinbase as it is not a wallet it's an exchange site.

If you are guys want to hold different coins I suggest you guys use official wallet because it is recommended and the other wallet's that you have full control over the private keys is electrum for bitcoin.

Mycelium also good as I use it as my alternative wallet when I am outside in my house.

Hardware wallets are best for holding different coins if you want to stay your coins longer this is the best wallet like ledger nano S.
I'm sure coinbase is a wallet and a exchange site, I checked there website there's a option for a wallet
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046
March 21, 2019, 02:42:44 PM
Why did you recommend online wallet like coinbase as it is not a wallet it's an exchange site.

If you are guys want to hold different coins I suggest you guys use official wallet because it is recommended and the other wallet's that you have full control over the private keys is electrum for bitcoin.

Mycelium also good as I use it as my alternative wallet when I am outside in my house.

Hardware wallets are best for holding different coins if you want to stay your coins longer this is the best wallet like ledger nano S.
Activity: 84
Merit: 0
March 21, 2019, 02:02:51 PM
These are the best wallets to use for all your different coins

wallet.mycelium.com
brd.com
atomicwallet.io
exodus.io
jaxx.io
bitcoinarmory.com
blockchain.com
bitcoin.org/en/download
trezor.io
ledger.com/pages/ledger-live
greenaddress.it/en/
xapo.com
coinbase.com
electrum.org

I hope that I helped you at deciding which wallet to use and as always if you have a wallet that I haven't listed reply below and I will list it

Pages:
Jump to: