Pages:
Author

Topic: Best way how to prevent BTC wallet from hackers - page 3. (Read 4730 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
There is no best way for everyone. You can use a dedicated computer for bitcoin for a start. Do not do anything on it except sending bitcoin. No web browsing, no unnecessary software and no usb drives. Use only reliable internet connection and not free wifi. You can think about more advanced air gap methods later on.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1068
Juicin' crypto
Thanks for the good info here so far guys, any other things to make note of??
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1008
Delusional crypto obsessionist
The most important is use 2FA Google authenticator!
Yes, let google rule the world! Let hem decide to have yourself access to all your wealth!

2FA is perfect, but not when it's dependent on a centralized entity.
What if they decided to block 2FA one day?
legendary
Activity: 950
Merit: 1000
Only put a few bitcoin in your hot wallet  for spending. Never open links provided by strangers or from other unknown apps. Install antivirus software to avoid keylogger, trojan horse, virus etc.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Is not download any soft or file from file uploading sites or E mails ? Grin
What do you guys think ?

two computers,one used  as Cold storage,one uses to download block data.
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
There are many ways to protect yourself. I'd keep your coins offline in some way, but also only use a dedicated computer for your bitcoin transactions or like others have suggested use linux or ubuntu.
Activity: 259
Merit: 250
What do you guys think ?

Anti-virus.
Activity: 378
Replace Microsoft Windows with GNU/Linux.
I recommend Tails, then make sure to dedicate the sole purpose of that machine to your wallet and NOTHING else.
Activity: 63
Merit: 10

This is good advice. I only use my bitcoins when I boot from a live ubuntu operating system so it's clean everytime. It's too easy to get viruses and crap on a windows machine.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050
Monero Core Team
Activity: 151
Merit: 100
I have experience using 2FA in blockchain.info using the system via Message Phone and my btc still could be stolen, even though I put the computer itself, and used personally. And there is no any suspicious software that could steal my btc.
2FA is really not going to help you very much. I assume that you would be using blockchain.info if you are suggesting to use 2FA. If this is the case then you would still be vulnerable to attacks to your computer any time that you log in.

You need to use a computer that has never been connected to the internet to create the private keys and then use blockchain.info to 'watch' the addresses that you create. Anytime that you want to send money you should use a clean USB drive to sign the TX and push the TX with your computer.
Activity: 686
fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!
I have experience using 2FA in blockchain.info using the system via Message Phone and my btc still could be stolen, even though I put the computer itself, and used personally. And there is no any suspicious software that could steal my btc.
Activity: 378
Insert second password to make payment and use VIRTUAL KEYBOARD ! Then, insert 2FA authentication (Google authenticator can help you) or you can confirm payment with a message on your phone ! Be careful about keylogger, it is so much dangerous !
Activity: 658
What do you guys think ?
Pages:
Jump to: