Pages:
Author

Topic: Best Way to get Tons of FREE coins :) - page 2. (Read 2867 times)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0
Thanks man
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029
1. Devda is a wallet
2. It is best to get in on Devtome while there aren't many publishers, but value of a share depends on how much each devcoin is worth, and they should be 10 cents each, but are 20 for 1 penny right now because no one knows/cares about them yet Smiley So shares could end up always being $50
3. Fiction is encouraged, just double check your work, and try reading outloud.
4a. Vircurex.com has been the main site for DVC exchange for a while, but recently MCXnow has joined and I've heard it's a good site too.
4b. I believe Devcoins will increase in value because shares are smaller now, so people will want more for their coins. And devcoin is becoming easier to find in Google searches, which means it will help bring people to devtome and bitcoin soon. Making both bitcoin and devcoin more valuable. And this one can "go somewhere" because of the idea behind it. It is literally the perfect coin for building a community, and developing the planet.
5. I would tell you to mine Devcoin instead of Bitcoin, because bitocoins are merge mined with Bitcoin. So mining DVC IS mining BTC, except you get lots of DVC.

Thanks so much for answering my questions.  A couple more: 

1.  I successfully registered an account with Vircurex.  Then I generated an address for BTC and DVC.  I'm assuming that when I want to exchange one for another, that process is pretty straightforward?  It's hard to visualize when there is nothing in either account.  Also, when I do get a balance in either one of the addresses I generated, is it pretty easy to then send them to a different address, such as one in my actual wallet?  Finally, are there any transaction fees to make trades?

2.  How does one mine for Devcoin?

I'm going to go ahead and register an account on the DevTome and see where that goes... Thanks for the tip :-)
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
devcoins... Plenty of coins around, but there is only 1, or a few that will survive in the end.

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Google/YouTube

Exactly. Who decided those?
And I reckon there is no selection of writers? Only word count counts? This is nice from one point of view, I won't deny it, however, it can hardly be substained as soon as a considerable number of people jump on the boat. Or can it?

No one "Decides" them. Artists are just artists, anyone can sign up on Devtome to receive coins for their work. And anyone can submit projects, but there are already a bunch listed that WILL help the planet.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
So in fact when you buy Devcoins, you are donating to a charity. With the difference that you are given "receipts" of that donation. receipts you can trade, and on which value you can speculate. It's the most perverse thing I have heard in a while, but for sure it is a hell fascinating. Charity and greed united!

But it's not perverse, you are missing an entire facet.
True, some people may just be in it for the money, but as they buy and sell coins it supports others.
That greed puts money in the pockets of developers and artists that would otherwise have no source of income. So even though it is there, it is transparent, it does not over take the coin in any way. The greed is turned into charity.

Yes, I called it perverse because it's quite complicated. But it might well be it makes perfect sense.

What does not convince me is, how the money will be spent. Who decides what is important? Who decides what is worthy and what not? I'd like better to be able to decide who gets my money.

The devtome bounties, that is what most of it will go towards. Except for the stuff that goes STRAIGHT to writers, developers and artists.

Exactly. Who decided those?
And I reckon there is no selection of writers? Only word count counts? This is nice from one point of view, I won't deny it, however, it can hardly be substained as soon as a considerable number of people jump on the boat. Or can it?
Google/YouTube
So in fact when you buy Devcoins, you are donating to a charity. With the difference that you are given "receipts" of that donation. receipts you can trade, and on which value you can speculate. It's the most perverse thing I have heard in a while, but for sure it is a hell fascinating. Charity and greed united!

True, some people may just be in it for the money, but as they buy and sell coins it supports others.
That greed puts money in the pockets of developers and artists that would otherwise have no source of income. So even though it is there, it is transparent, it does not over take the coin in any way. The greed is turned into charity.

Yes, I called it perverse because it's quite complicated. But it might well be it makes perfect sense.

What does not convince me is, how the money will be spent. Who decides what is important? Who decides what is worthy and what not? I'd like better to be able to decide who gets my money.

The devtome bounties, that is what most of it will go towards. Except for the stuff that goes STRAIGHT to writers, developers and artists.

Wed
legendary
Activity: 1231
Merit: 1018
I see, thank you very much Smiley
Google/YouTube
What happens if i write an article with less then 1000 words? Do i get devcoins for that article?
What happens, if i write an article with about 1500 words? Do i get devcoins for just 1000 words?

You get portions of a share for writing other words. 1,000 words is just an easy standard to advertise. And is a full share.
Wed
legendary
Activity: 1231
Merit: 1018
What happens if i write an article with less then 1000 words? Do i get devcoins for that article?
What happens, if i write an article with about 1500 words? Do i get devcoins for just 1000 words?
Google/YouTube
Awesome, gonna try this tonight! Smiley

Thanks!
This is very interesting.  I'm going to invest some more time reading about DevCoin.

Both very good ideas Smiley
Activity: 9
Awesome, gonna try this tonight! Smiley

Thanks!
Activity: 294
This is very interesting.  I'm going to invest some more time reading about DevCoin.
Google/YouTube

Activity: 6
okay, thanks
Google/YouTube
Hi FinShaggy,

1I applied for an account at devda.ch, but it wasn't clear whether or not it was a wallet or not.  Guess I'll know more once my application is approved.

2It sounds like from what you're saying that writing for the DevTome is a "get in now while the opportunity pays" type of thing, since they divide up the writing into shares.  Right now, a share pays well but once there are thousands of writers, it will go down to where you earn a dollar or two per article rather than $50 or so as you currently estimate.  Am I correct about this?  This isn't a dealbreaker or anything for me, but maybe an incentive to not sit on the fence too long :-)

3Also, I noticed one of the latest contributions is a fiction story.  Is that allowed?  Encouraged?  If that is the case, that is way cool from the writer's point of view--might be a way to actually finance my novel writing aspirations ;-)  In some ways it can be easier to write fiction than nonfiction, though that isn't always true.

4Finally, you mentioned the possibility of exchanging Devcoins for Bitcoins or vice versa.  a.  What exchange sites do you recommend to do that?  b.  Just wondering what is behind your belief that by next year Devcoins are going to majorly increase in value relative to Bitcoins and dollars?  With so many other cryptocurrencies coming on the scene, it's hard to assess which ones will actually go somewhere, so wondering why Devcoins stands out to you.

5I'm currently playing with Bitcoins but haven't gotten into any others.  How would you try to convince me to get into Devcoins either in addition to or instead of Bitcoins?

1. Devda is a wallet
2. It is best to get in on Devtome while there aren't many publishers, but value of a share depends on how much each devcoin is worth, and they should be 10 cents each, but are 20 for 1 penny right now because no one knows/cares about them yet Smiley So shares could end up always being $50
3. Fiction is encouraged, just double check your work, and try reading outloud.
4a. Vircurex.com has been the main site for DVC exchange for a while, but recently MCXnow has joined and I've heard it's a good site too.
4b. I believe Devcoins will increase in value because shares are smaller now, so people will want more for their coins. And devcoin is becoming easier to find in Google searches, which means it will help bring people to devtome and bitcoin soon. Making both bitcoin and devcoin more valuable. And this one can "go somewhere" because of the idea behind it. It is literally the perfect coin for building a community, and developing the planet.
5. I would tell you to mine Devcoin instead of Bitcoin, because bitocoins are merge mined with Bitcoin. So mining DVC IS mining BTC, except you get lots of DVC.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
http://www.freebitcointips.co.uk/
legendary
Hey, I got my wallet!  Thanks.  Anyone willing to help me test it by sending me a small amount of Devcoin?  I'd be happy to send it right back (by the end of today) if you provide your address.  1LaX4XKS9xm912HsRReibKFayPDTVhLEZc
legendary
Hi FinShaggy,

I applied for an account at devda.ch, but it wasn't clear whether or not it was a wallet or not.  Guess I'll know more once my application is approved.

It sounds like from what you're saying that writing for the DevTome is a "get in now while the opportunity pays" type of thing, since they divide up the writing into shares.  Right now, a share pays well but once there are thousands of writers, it will go down to where you earn a dollar or two per article rather than $50 or so as you currently estimate.  Am I correct about this?  This isn't a dealbreaker or anything for me, but maybe an incentive to not sit on the fence too long :-)

Also, I noticed one of the latest contributions is a fiction story.  Is that allowed?  Encouraged?  If that is the case, that is way cool from the writer's point of view--might be a way to actually finance my novel writing aspirations ;-)  In some ways it can be easier to write fiction than nonfiction, though that isn't always true.

Finally, you mentioned the possibility of exchanging Devcoins for Bitcoins or vice versa.  1.  What exchange sites do you recommend to do that?  2.  Just wondering what is behind your belief that by next year Devcoins are going to majorly increase in value relative to Bitcoins and dollars?  With so many other cryptocurrencies coming on the scene, it's hard to assess which ones will actually go somewhere, so wondering why Devcoins stands out to you.

I'm currently playing with Bitcoins but haven't gotten into any others.  How would you try to convince me to get into Devcoins either in addition to or instead of Bitcoins?
Pages:
Jump to: