Pages:
Author

Topic: Bestchange keeps scammer exchangers and probably collaborates with them - page 4. (Read 724 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 5
That will be in Russia. You're not going to tell me that Binance or Coinbase are not legal are you?

As far as I remember in the other thread what you are describing already happened. A Russian exchange of which it is difficult to find data or any license, demanding KYC, or else they block coins. At the very least it seems morally questionable, and would not be legal in the EU or USA.

Why are you comparing Binance with exchangers from Bestchange? Binance is a legal registered company. Please show me legal info from at least one of the exchangers. You won't find it on their websites. So it's completely different. They aren't legal registered companies, they work anonymously. So they don't have authority to ask for KYC. And Binance has authority to do this. I don't like what Binance is doing and I think it's inappropriate but they have authority. And what exchangers are doing is illegal in Russia too, not only in the EU and USA.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 2011
Best Change defended the business practices quite well the last time there was a similar thread, let's see what he says this time.

Also please pay attention to the fact exchangers don't have any authority to perform any KYC procedures, collect client's personal info and ask for it. And of course they don't have any authority to block coins. Because exchangers aren't any kind of legal businesses. They are anonymous persons, not registered financial companies.

That will be in Russia. You're not going to tell me that Binance or Coinbase are not legal are you?

As far as I remember in the other thread what you are describing already happened. A Russian exchange of which it is difficult to find data or any license, demanding KYC, or else they block coins. At the very least it seems morally questionable, and would not be legal in the EU or USA.
Quoting for images:

Thanks Smiley I corrected horrible errors in the start post. So now this one has images and the start one has less errors  Grin
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
Hi everyone!

Recently I have noticed one problem on Bestchange and I want to share it with you because I think it's important. I was shocked when noticed this. First I created a topic on the Russian forum, so now I'll translate it here. Sorry for my English, it's not my native language.

So I noticed many exchangers started to have KYC / AML that is completely inappropriate when dealing with crypto. When you start an exchange after sending your coins to an exchanger it may say "your coins are dirty, you must pass KYC". Before if a client refused to pass KYC exchangers returned his coins to a wallet they were sent from. But now exchangers became completely impudent. In many of them appeared a new rule saying they can block your coins for indefinite term. So according to their new rules now they have a right to scam you and just take your coins if they want to. They even don't put this rule about blocking on pages where you make an exchange, you can see it only if you open their rules page and read it carefully.

Also please pay attention to the fact exchangers don't have any authority to perform any KYC procedures, collect client's personal info and ask for it. And of course they don't have any authority to block coins. Because exchangers aren't any kind of legal businesses. They are anonymous persons, not registered financial companies. But they don't want you to be anonymous. So according to them you must send your pesonal info to some noname who don't guarantee you anything and may sell your info everywhere. They think it's ok but it's not.

Also there are exchangers that don't have any AML policy on their website but they block your coins despite of that. For example, https://fixedfloat.com. Look at this:

https://i.postimg.cc/Y986X6qc/1.png

There are 2 reviews on the screenshot. You can read the English one. The Russian one says they stole coins saying they are "blocked because of AML". They refuse to return the coins. During the conversation FixedFloat's admin was repeating the same thing about AML and in the end Bestchange's admin just closed the dispute and made it gray despite Alex didn't receive his coins and kept asking Bestchange's admin to keep the dispute opened and of red color. You can find both reviews here: https://www.bestchange.ru/fixedfloat-exchanger.html. You can read full conversations, you can use Google Translate to translate the Russian one. The English one already became gray and there isn't any reply saying the dispute starter received his coins. And also there are  many other reviews like these 2 on the FixedFloat's page at Bestchange. So this kind of scam is something permanent there and Bestchange's admin keeps FixedFloat and just closes disputes while people don't get any refunds.

Here is another example, EasyBit exchanger:

https://i.postimg.cc/6QT0TzNj/2.png

This exchanger makes a refund if you refuse to pass KYC. But anyway, they tell you about KYC after you send your coins, not before. So it's a time wasting and hassle. You send your coins without knowing about KYC, EasyBit doesn't have chat so you must reach their support, you may start a dispute on Bestchange etc.  It takes hours to return your own money back. EasyBit has only positive reviews on Bestchange but if you open their page at the rating https://www.bestchange.ru/easybit-exchanger.html you'll see how many gray ones it has. And all the gray ones are about KYC.

Also EasyBit's rules state they can 1. scam you (have right to block crypto you sent them), 2. ask you for a verification as many times as they want without any reason.

There are many exchangers like these 2 on Bestchange. I just provided 2 examples here. All the exchangers like these 2 don't have icons showing they may ask for your personal info if you find them in the exchanger's list on Bestchange. Bestchange shows they don't ask for any verification so people believe it and use exchangers like this. Look at this, no icons:

https://i.postimg.cc/5NSdm9Fc/6.png

And here is the example of such icons near exchanger's names when you see the list of exchangers who make exchanges from bank cards:

https://i.postimg.cc/0QP7Dfg1/7.png

So why is that? When you want to exchange money from your card you can see in the list an exchanger will ask for your personal info. But when you want to exchange your crypto you don't see this.

People start to exchange crypto without having in mind there is a probability of being asked for KYC and without knowing the exchanger has AML. Many people just don't expect this when dealing with crypto (like it should be). And as I said in the start of this topic many exchangers have link to this info at the bottom part of their websites. Nobody looks there so nobody reads it.

I sent an email to Bestchange's admin and said he must put the icons near crypto exchanger's names and he must remove scammer exchangers which "block" client's crypto. Because if an exchanger doesn't want someone's coins and thinks they are dirty it must return the coins to the client and that's all. All the "blocks" are just scam. But Bestchange's admin refused to put icons saying "AML is everywhere anyway and if some exchangers don't have it they just work bad because they should have it". Well, it's a very weak excuse. Because then why do exchangers who deal with bank cards have such icons? Also AML is not everywhere, that's a lie, especially when dealing with crypto. Also he didn't delete scammer exchangers. So Bestchange's admin knows very well what is happening, he keeps scammer exchangers. He closes disputes when coins are stolen "because of AML". And he doesn't inform people an exchager has any KYC knowingly. If people knew that they wouldn't choose that exchanger, so the exchanger couldn't "block" their coins. The only reason Bestchange's admin misinform people is that he has profit share from scammer exchangers. I think he collaborates with them because I just don't see any other reason not to inform people about KYC by putting "exchanger asks for personal info" icon. I have emails from him and can forward to prove I didn't invent anything. Here are some screenshots from my mailbox, so you can see my email and if I forward the emails you can compare text:

https://i.postimg.cc/LskhjgFc/8.png
https://i.postimg.cc/G27Ljk75/9.png

Instead of passing an inappropriate KYC / AML I propose to share this info everywhere. Let's inform people. And let's report to Bestchange's hoster, domain registrator, maybe to antiviruses. Same thing for exchangers who ask for personal data and steal coins. Also I think we must help exchangers to comply with laws. They want it so badly. So let's report to the tax department and authorities (the pay taxex and work legally if they want clients to comply with laws, aren't they?). Because in fact what are we having here is illegal personal data collection (and maybe selling) and illegal coins "blocking". So, they love police, they say they can report clients to the police in their rules, let's help them meet with police loved so much by them. I'll post links to Russian authorities soon.

I think community should act. We can't just ignore such things. If we just keep observing and being passive about that in a few years having crypto will become just like having money in your bank account - when your money in fact isn't yours and any official or clerk can block it anytime. We shouldn't accept and allow practices like KYC and AML with crypto. Or we'll find ourselves in this situation soon:

https://i.postimg.cc/ryJb3ng3/1519768859.jpg

Yes, we already are in this situation but partially. Especially when we choose crypto instead of banks. So let's don't lose this piece of liberty.
Pages:
Jump to: