Pages:
Author

Topic: Best/Most Creative Cold Storage Method - page 2. (Read 3079 times)

legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349
Eadem mutata resurgo
March 22, 2013, 06:04:27 PM
I'm going old school... under the matress.

encrypted key paper wallet.. literally under the matress... only going this route cuz I have a waterbed.. Hence it is a non-trivial matter to actually get under the matress.

Sigg

What about if the bladder springs a leak ... your paper wallet may dissolve away or become illegible? I do NOT like paper wallets they are very fragile, fire, water, mold, chemical reactions, sunlight can all render them useless. For large amounts you must think more permanent solutions like engraving, stamping metals etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX6L2MWrPKQ

This is easy, cheap and private way to put codes on a relatively permanent media.
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3079
March 22, 2013, 05:23:57 PM
analogue transaction signing channel, connected to online watching wallet. I liked that one.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008
March 22, 2013, 04:55:16 PM
Steganographically encoding the private keys into a picture, then just posting it online on several places so it can never be lost.
Might even chose it as your avatar Cool .

copy /b dos command makes this incredibly easy. lets ya comebine one file with another. which is accessed depends on the file extension. i use this to bakcup my wallet. no, it's not in my avatar. and no, the file extension of the wallet isn't simply .dat. it's in another container file. good luck finding it!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copy_(command)
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
March 22, 2013, 04:49:38 PM
bitcoin to gold. best method I know  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008
March 22, 2013, 04:45:14 PM
gonna make my own ... object of some kind... a coin or statue or something. with "artistic" inscriptions of rune like things or such, which will be my own encoding of the public and private keys in an alphabet i've yet to make up.

or i might just make said statue partially hollow and pull a piece of paper with the info on it in there.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
March 22, 2013, 04:27:34 PM
Printed on Cotton Archival paper and tucked into large boring books...
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
March 22, 2013, 04:03:27 PM
I think it would be cool to create a piece of artwork that had the binary 1s and 0s going across using something as a 1 and something else as a 0 in such a way that it looked pretty.

Just put it up on the wall and display it for the world to see.

Of course, it would have worked better if I did not mention it here. Smiley
Activity: 381
Merit: 250
March 22, 2013, 03:40:23 PM
I'm going old school... under the matress.

encrypted key paper wallet.. literally under the matress... only going this route cuz I have a waterbed.. Hence it is a non-trivial matter to actually get under the matress.

Sigg
Activity: 132
Merit: 100
March 22, 2013, 02:41:00 PM
Tattoo of my private key on my penis.

In binary.

Hmmmm, wondering what the smallest font size that would be possible and readable by the "host" and thus the minimum penis length to fit 64 binary lines. Not that I doubt your endowment.

I also think this idea has the added plus of your "privates" being a "private key" to get the coins.

Some sort of new pun on  being a gold digger- a bitcoin digger.  Cheesy
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Manateeeeeeees
March 22, 2013, 01:29:55 PM

In binary.

Just don't put it in a "safe deposit box."  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001
March 22, 2013, 01:19:46 PM

In binary.

Works fine in most instances, but when I'm around, not even a quantum computer would be enough to crack it  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
March 22, 2013, 01:11:40 PM

In binary.
Activity: 132
Merit: 100
March 22, 2013, 01:09:33 PM
I just read an article that featured Charlie Shrem's ring and Casascius Coins as methods of cold storage:

http://www.wired.com/wiredenterprise/2013/03/bitcoin-ring/

So I was wondering what other creative methods of cold storage people are using, or they imagine using and haven't gotten around to yet.

I am thinking of setting up a cold "savings account" for some of my coins and was looking for an interesting way to do it. Especially that would allow me to know what the address is, but most everyone else who saw the same thing wouldn't be able to tell. Hopefully there will be several good ideas here that I can mix and match into a pretty awesome result.  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: