Pages:
Author

Topic: [BETA] MTGox websocket API, testers wanted - page 15. (Read 77653 times)

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097
November 18, 2011, 08:40:08 PM
Anyone succeed with new MtGox's socket.io interface? I was succesfull with socket.io handshake, server returned "12906784121696250629:15:25:websocket,flashsocket,htmlfile,xhr-polling,jsonp-polling". But then I open WS connection to ws://socketio.mtgox.com:80/socket.io/1/websocket/12906784121696250629 and nothing happen, client don't receive any data. Am I doing anything wrong?
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1008
November 01, 2011, 10:07:52 AM
Yay, websocket is back. Thanks Mt. Gox.
I saw it back for a moment... but it doesn't work now, does it?
Works for me right now as well.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
November 01, 2011, 09:48:18 AM
It's working for me in my own client.
OK - thanks for the info.
This made me thinking... and it seems that I upgraded my websocket libarary to a new version.
It's OK when I go back to the old version. Its probably the same problem as with a new Chrome.

Thanks for that hint. I'll keep that in mind, cause I'll probably switch websocket impl at some point (currently using some hacked-up thingy someone gave me).
legendary
Activity: 2053
Merit: 1356
aka tonikt
November 01, 2011, 09:46:48 AM
It's working for me in my own client.
OK - thanks for the info.
This made me thinking... and it seems that I upgraded my websocket libarary to a new version.
It's OK when I go back to the old version. Its probably the same problem as with a new Chrome.
donator
November 01, 2011, 09:40:23 AM

It's working for me in my own client. Thanks MagicalTux!
legendary
aka tonikt
November 01, 2011, 07:46:07 AM
legendary
Activity: 714
Merit: 504
^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.
Before you could see new transactions popping up on the right side, in a real time.
And the green price line was also updated in a real time - now the last point of it is always a couple of minutes behind.
Oh hey, you could be right. It did work via the websocket before. Maybe it works via the http API now?

Edit: Websocket is back. And yeah, the transactions in real time too.
legendary
aka tonikt
Before you could see new transactions popping up on the right side, in a real time.
And the green price line was also updated in a real time - now the last point of it is always a couple of minutes behind.
Activity: 714
Merit: 504
^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.
http://mtgoxlive.com/ is also suffering from this failure.
The data is shows doesn't seem to be in a real time anymore.
And this service had supposedly been acquired by MtGox.
So he should care Smiley
I'm not sure that's true. If I compare it to the fastest monitor bot I know, #bitcoin-RT in freenode, then the number seems to be behind ~10 seconds. But I don't remember this ever being any different.
legendary
aka tonikt
http://mtgoxlive.com/ is also suffering from this failure.
The data is shows doesn't seem to be in a real time anymore.
And this service had supposedly been acquired by MtGox.
So he should care Smiley
donator
Websockets have been dead for about a week.  Nothing on MtGox's support page about it.  Does MtGox even know, or do they care?  It seems not.

MagicalTux knows, has been saying something routes not being up about 3 or 4 days ago.

Does he care? I'm not sure.

I think the websocket stuff is pretty important.
legendary
Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018
Websockets have been dead for about a week.  Nothing on MtGox's support page about it.  Does MtGox even know, or do they care?  It seems not.
legendary
aka tonikt
the server has been dead since yesterday.
legendary
Anyone else getting timeouts connecting to ws://websocket.mtgox.com/mtgox? I am right now...
legendary
Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001
I am having problems with Websockets and Ruby in general, maybe someone of you is kind enough to help out?
I am beginner with Ruby and chose this as a learning-by-doing project.

Using examples from the web, I am still trying to connect to the websocket (works) and sending strings to it (handshake and channel subscription/exiting):

Code:
require 'rubygems' 'eventmachine' 'em-http-request'

EventMachine.run {
  verbindung = EventMachine::HttpRequest.new("http://websocket.mtgox.com").get :timeout => 0

verbindung.errback { puts "oops" }
  verbindung.callback   {
    puts "WebSocket connected!"

verbindung.send("GET /mtgox HTTP/1.1\n", 0)
  }
}

Error, my Ruby doesnt recognize "GET /mtgox HTTP/1.1\n" as a string to be "send" :

Code:
websocket.rb:19:in `send': undefined method `GET /mtgox HTTP/1.1 (NoMethodError)
' for #

I tried "print", "send", "write", "<<", still didnt get it to work. I am lost, grateful for any hint!

Ente
donator
I would like to see depth messages for all of the currencies broadcast out over the WebSocket, as I do not think it's happening right now.

Can anyone confirm that there are only USD depth messages coming across the socket?

Looks like it's true. I am filtering for "depth_msg['currency'] == 'USD'", but put a debug log line for the other case. It doesn't trigger.
Activity: 548
Merit: 502
So much code.
I would like to see depth messages for all of the currencies broadcast out over the WebSocket, as I do not think it's happening right now.

Can anyone confirm that there are only USD depth messages coming across the socket?
legendary
I have just been informed on #mtgox IRC that websockets are read-only.  Have been for a number of weeks.  Subscriptions don't work and it's not possible to view your own executed trades.

It's possible get around this limitation, but it really makes the system slow and a bit cumbersome to use.  It would be so much more convenient to get instant confirmation of your own trades.
legendary
You need to include certain bytes before and after every json message. I think no newlines. This would be hard to do in telnet. I suggest taking a hard look at this post which has haskell code that I think would still work:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.87198

That works fine.  I wasn't sending the \x00 and \xFF at the beginning and end of each message.

I can successfully unsubscribe from the depth feed using:
{"channel":"24e67e0d-1cad-4cc0-9e7a-f8523ef460fe","op":"unsubscribe"}

However when I try to resubscribe I get the following error:
{"message":"Unknown command","op":"remark","success":false}

I have tried all sorts of combinations of subscribe messages, but none seems to work.  I also can't subscribe to my own channel.

The following all fail:
{"channel":"24e67e0d-1cad-4cc0-9e7a-f8523ef460fe","op":"subscribe"}
{"channel":"24e67e0d-1cad-4cc0-9e7a-f8523ef460fe","op":"mtgox.subscribe"}
{"op":"subscribe","channel":"24e67e0d-1cad-4cc0-9e7a-f8523ef460fe"}
{"op":"mtgox.subscribe","channel":"24e67e0d-1cad-4cc0-9e7a-f8523ef460fe"}
{"op":"subscribe","24e67e0d-1cad-4cc0-9e7a-f8523ef460fe"}
{"op":"mtgox.subscribe","24e67e0d-1cad-4cc0-9e7a-f8523ef460fe"}

I looked at the haskell code and tried that subscription message first, then tried various other combinations.

hPutFrame h $ "{\"op\":\"mtgox.subscribe\"," ++ key ++ "}"
Pages:
Jump to: