Pages:
Author

Topic: Betnomi Poker series discussion thread - page 7. (Read 2887 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 2014
October 31, 2020, 03:06:32 PM
Can confirm that I received the password from yahoo. Already registered but I dont know 100% if I will make it tomorrow, will play from mobile maybe.
legendary
Activity: 3626
Merit: 4440
October 31, 2020, 03:01:41 PM
Password has been sent to everyone who has posted their username so far. Tourney is up in the lobby
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1175
October 31, 2020, 02:12:24 PM
Username same as here Iv4n!
2 days ago I registered and deposited, but I set some very low transaction fee and I still wait for my deposit to get confirmed! On first look site looks great and their poker app too, I registered for free roll yesterday but I missed it, so I can't say much about how it works!
When is the game tomorrow, that free roll!?

Edit: Tomorrow in 6 pm (forum time), just saw it! Smiley There is some satellite in 45 minutes, plan to give it a try to check betnomi poker!
Activity: 1037
Merit: 128
October 31, 2020, 09:58:18 AM
Hey Yahoo, I´d like to participate in that freeroll too.
my nick is 1r0n1c - same as here :-)
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2112
I stand with Ukraine.
October 31, 2020, 05:53:13 AM
Really? i have better things to do then creat a doble account  Angry

There is no ill intention from me and perhaps it was just pure coincidence  Smiley but there are tons of people out there that would do any kind of this thing without any shame at all

Tourney is supposed to be in the lobby in 26 hours. Once I see it, I'll start pmming users the password. I also considered releasing the password to the public about 30 minutes before the start. Thoughts?

10 or 5 minutes before the start would be the most ideal because there is no late registration. Someone with the intention of multi accounting this freeroll probably wouldnt have that much time to switch between his accounts and register all those

Also it would be obvious catch, these multi accounts will probably start shoving with silly hands to build up their stacks
~

If there's no late reg, I support this idea. We will probably still have some multiacc abusers, but it's much better when they have 3-4 accounts registered for the game instead of 10-15.

Yesterday I tested the platform more thoroughly, playing in the Evening Turbo ($1.17+$0.12 Buy-in). During an hour and a half of playing, only once I was thrown out from the site, but I quickly logged-in again, and, actually, didn't suffer from that at all.(was playing in browser) Apart from that, I liked the platform very much. Finished ITM, btw. Smiley

legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1414
October 30, 2020, 06:40:26 PM
Really? i have better things to do then creat a doble account  Angry

There is no ill intention from me and perhaps it was just pure coincidence  Smiley but there are tons of people out there that would do any kind of this thing without any shame at all

Tourney is supposed to be in the lobby in 26 hours. Once I see it, I'll start pmming users the password. I also considered releasing the password to the public about 30 minutes before the start. Thoughts?

10 or 5 minutes before the start would be the most ideal because there is no late registration. Someone with the intention of multi accounting this freeroll probably wouldnt have that much time to switch between his accounts and register all those

Also it would be obvious catch, these multi accounts will probably start shoving with silly hands to build up their stacks

@icropress I encounter the same issue once but unlike yours, mine goes back to normal after I refresh my browser.

There is still like probably atleast 1 more week to go before we have the next series so there is still some time for betnomi to fix all these issues

and how is the traffic?

Around 200ish player online. Lots of full table on cash games and people running in the tournaments
Activity: 303
Merit: 25
October 30, 2020, 06:11:05 PM
Is betnomi poker worth a try?
What network is it in (if there is a network) and how is the traffic?

VPN allowed?

Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 2036
October 30, 2020, 04:38:54 PM
I'm not trying to keep all newbies out or anything, this just looked like a very obvious case of multiaccounting. I'd also rather not see users make an account on this forum just to get a password then never be heard from again.

No worries, I was more interested in mentioning sticking around for the series even if you decided not to provide them the password for the freeroll. You very clearly have more experience in routing out multiaccounting individuals, and am not questioning your judgment here.

I wouldn't post the password publicly, I think that's when we'd truly see some multiaccounting going on; especially if they know when it's going to drop.

In general, I tested the Betnomi platform, and, to put it mildly, I am disappointed ...

• Only 15 seconds (which is actually quite good when there are no lags ... but I only saw terrible response / sync).
  • After about 30 minutes, my maps stopped showing (I tried to restart the online version, but the situation did not change).
  • I thought the desktop version would solve this problem ... But this did not happen (I rebooted the laptop and restarted the router).
Crazy, I had some minor connection issues, when first launching the client. Had one disconnect which logged me back in right away. Would be a shame to lose you before it starts but I get not wanting to play on software that doesn't work for you. Could be new platform issues they are working on, hard to say.

My first tournament it did crash when I was trying to flag users and write notes but nothing similar since then. Still haven't been able to put much volume in there so I've been holding off on my review I've been putting together.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1506
Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee
October 30, 2020, 04:02:32 PM
Throwing hat into the ring

Btctalk/Betnomi username: jayce/NoobHere

Thanks yahoo and Betnomi.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 5874
light_warrior ... 🕯️
October 30, 2020, 04:00:57 PM
In general, I tested the Betnomi platform, and, to put it mildly, I am disappointed ...

• Only 15 seconds (which is actually quite good when there are no lags ... but I only saw terrible response / sync).
  • After about 30 minutes, my maps stopped showing (I tried to restart the online version, but the situation did not change).
  • I thought the desktop version would solve this problem ... But this did not happen (I rebooted the laptop and restarted the router).

I really wanted to take part in Series #5 ... But I would not want to, in the middle of the game, due to some mistake, I flushed my stack down the toilet.

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 5874
light_warrior ... 🕯️
October 30, 2020, 02:41:54 PM
Username: icopress / icopress

P.S. I also decided to test the platform (freeroll will be in 20 minutes).
Activity: 2086
Merit: 603
October 30, 2020, 01:50:08 PM
I would love to join this poker series.
Both usernames: so98nn/so98nn

Thank you.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053
Free spirit
October 30, 2020, 01:46:40 PM
Could you include me please :  Globb0

I just have to test out a vpn solution see if it works with the client.

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728
October 30, 2020, 12:26:09 PM

Bad idea! 30 minutes are enough for anyone to roar in with the army of alts. The rule is simple, post your Betnomi username with your Bitcointalk account and get the password. Since this series is specifically meant for Bitcointalk users, everyone who wants to participate in the series (or this freeroll) should sign up on bitcointalk and post the username to participate (like our earlier series). Is someone is shy in doing so then he most probably looking to join in with more than one account or simply isn't interested in bitcointalk series and just want to make quick advantage of freeroll.
legendary
Activity: 3626
Merit: 4440
October 30, 2020, 11:55:05 AM
I seen this as well. I will be very selective about allowing any newbies in to deter cheaters.
I would imagine this is something Betnomi can look into more deeply anytime we have concerns. Should be pretty straightforward considering it's part of their day-to-day to try and catch multi-accounting across their entire platform. Not really beneficial for the freeroll but in general over th ecourse of the series.

It does suck having to try and police newbie entries for the freeroll, while at the same time trying to bring people in.

People have done more for less. Yahoo is just being cautious to protect the integrity of the game. I don't know how this plays out, but stick around a while and get a feel for what we've been doing these last few months. If people remain civil things generally work themselves out. Maybe it is a coincidence maybe not, but in the long run Betnomi will be able to help clear up possible multi accounting issues.
I'm not trying to keep all newbies out or anything, this just looked like a very obvious case of multiaccounting. I'd also rather not see users make an account on this forum just to get a password then never be heard from again.

legendary
October 30, 2020, 06:06:54 AM
I'm interested to join on this tourney.

Betnomi username: TGD1000

I can play anytime since I can adjust due to pandemic, I have a lots of free time cheers. I hope that the organizer will give us notification about the exact time and date, direct link to the poker room and clear rules and regulation 1 day ahead of the scheduled date for the preparation and to free some of my schedule activities.
There are 2 things going on here. First is this freeroll

I am filling out a request for a freeroll to be setup sunday 6pm UTC. I'll give you all more details once the request is granted.

I have sent in the request. 250$ freeroll Sunday 6UTC. The tourney will require a password which I made and players will start with 20000 chips 10 minute blinds, no late registration.

Make accounts and post your betnomi name here please. Use my affiliate link if you don't already have an account. Just pm me to get it. Once you get the password don't share it with your friends. If they wanna play they can make an account and post their name in this thread.

Only players who posted names in this thread will get the PW.

Apart from that we run a forum series which will be hosted on Betnomi, we are currently talking about some of the details in what we want to see changed or left alone from past the previous series we have ran.  Either way good to see some new faces popping in, hope you stick around for the series.
TGD
Activity: 1288
Merit: 620
Wen Rolex?
October 30, 2020, 05:59:42 AM
I'm interested to join on this tourney.

Betnomi username: TGD1000

I can play anytime since I can adjust due to pandemic, I have a lots of free time cheers. I hope that the organizer will give us notification about the exact time and date, direct link to the poker room and clear rules and regulation 1 day ahead of the scheduled date for the preparation and to free some of my schedule activities.
legendary
October 30, 2020, 05:57:32 AM
I seen this as well. I will be very selective about allowing any newbies in to deter cheaters.
I would imagine this is something Betnomi can look into more deeply anytime we have concerns. Should be pretty straightforward considering it's part of their day-to-day to try and catch multi-accounting across their entire platform. Not really beneficial for the freeroll but in general over th ecourse of the series.

It does suck having to try and police newbie entries for the freeroll, while at the same time trying to bring people in.

People have done more for less. Yahoo is just being cautious to protect the integrity of the game. I don't know how this plays out, but stick around a while and get a feel for what we've been doing these last few months. If people remain civil things generally work themselves out. Maybe it is a coincidence maybe not, but in the long run Betnomi will be able to help clear up possible multi accounting issues.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2112
I stand with Ukraine.
October 30, 2020, 05:42:40 AM
Yesterday I successfully registered on Betnomi, and, without downloading the software, played for 10 minutes in a free-roll. Everything worked fine for me. Was a bit surprised by the number of entries, when I was leaving in the early stage

and was even more surprised today seeing this

~ online players 700+, ~

That's a decent number of players, if you ask me.

Now I'm wondering, shall we double the number of participants in our Bitcointalk Poker Series? I think it's possible. What's bothering me right now is that not all our regulars have shown up in this thread. I really hope we won't lose them in the process of moving to another platform. ...

@yahoo62278, thanks again for organizing this! Smiley

My Betnomi user name/poker nick:  Betwrong
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
October 29, 2020, 07:13:45 PM
Really? i have better things to do then creat a doble account  Angry
Pages:
Jump to: