Pages:
Author

Topic: better to send BTC to Wallet address or to my Public Key? - page 2. (Read 282 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 304
But honestly speaking, in the eyes of many, there is nothing much different from the public key and wallet address, as I have seen even some platforms mistake both, like when I came across a form where one was required to either put their public key or their wallet address for receiving payment.

It's hard for me to differentiate between them most of the time unless you, as someone with technical knowledge, are able to tell the difference between them, which brings me to the question: how can I differentiate between a wallet address and a public key?
Activity: 672
Merit: 855

does it make a difference if the sender tranfers BTC funds to my Wallet address or to my Public Key?

If your question is maybe you can spend that bitcoin spend to your public key instead of address i will say technically you can spend it if you have the corresponding private key. Because ideally it is the public key that actually receives the coin, the address is just a hash plus checksum of the public key.  With the checksum it is easier if the address is correct or not.

Nonetheless i don’t think wallets allow the sending of bitcoin to public key just like how sending to ip addresses were ban. But it is not that it’s not possible.
Activity: 23
Merit: 2
Hello
does it make a difference if the sender tranfers BTC funds to my Wallet address or to my Public Key?
Thank's in advance!
The question is not clear. To receive Bitcoin, all you need is your wallet address, which you will send to whoever is sending you the Bitcoin. Every other information apart from your wallet address is your sensitive information that you should keep within yourself and never disclose to anyone. Of course, your wallet address can be public, and that will not be an issue.
Activity: 72
Merit: 33
Hello

Thank's in advance!
Pages:
Jump to: