Pages:
Author

Topic: Betting small amounts on a lot of matches or big amount on couple of matches? - page 13. (Read 7235 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 125
That is the hardest decision in gambling, actually, it's not that how good we are at the game because even though the greatest one can lose, it is all about how you handle your money or your bet while gambling. It is about thinking if you are going to bet a big amount of money or not. We always regret when we bet a little amount of money when we won and losing when we bet a huge amount of money, well that is gambling. It is really risky and so unpredictable. We cant give you good advice about that but if you just want to enjoy while playing then it is better if you bet small amount of money so you can spend more time in gambling.
Activity: 1750
Merit: 118
I have been gambling a lot these days with soccer matches but I'm not enough lucky to make a profit. Howeber, I'm not into huge loss. It's very tiny amount if I check all the previous P/L.
I don't bet big amount. Usually, I bet $4/$5 worth of BTC on a lot of matches; sometimes I win and sometimes I loss. But that can't make me any profit.
Should I go for bigger amount of bets on few matches or stay with current strategy (placing many bets of small amounts)?
Do you really want to gamble or to have fun?

- if you want to have fun then continue your style that is the best way to enjoy the game and your gambling activities.

- if you wanted to gamble only?then Bet all in one game so that will decide your future,if Luck will favor you or not.

don't make gambling activities complicated mate.

he wants to gamble and not to have fun because he mentioned the word profit more than once but the problem with him is that he is not corageous enough to play big .  5 dollars is small even if not divided on several matches but that may be enough for him . the solution is easy and yeah he just make things complicated .

wanting to profit in gambling is the start or its the first mistake that a gambler can make which will lead to other mistake if he continue .
Ucy
Activity: 2632
Merit: 403
Bisq is a Bitcoin Fiat Dex. Use responsibly
If you have been betting for along time without being profitable, it's most likely because you don't have the required skills/knowledge/talents to succeed as a sports-bettor.
From what I have learned here and from my understanding of football-betting and some other skill-based betting, you will need lots of learning, information, data, experience etc to do well in them.
So if you are betting frequently without this things ^, you are definitely gambling.
It's advisable to bet occasionally (& what you can afford to lose) If you don't have the required skills/knowledge/experience to excel in the field.   You should only progressively increase your number of small bets when you start doing well consistently with your bets.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1151
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
It's almost the same the only difference is in the team you want to bet like what other said if you are confidence for the team you want to bet then you can bet higher but if you doubt about the team you want to bet then you can also reduce your bet so the risk to lost is can also be lower.
Depends on the situation mate,there are gamblers that wanted to enjoy the games thats why they choose to Bet small in each matches to kill time at the same time do their betting.

i agree on you as a gambler,but not as wanted to be entertained.Betting big in single match means you need to go home once the team you choose lose?while if small amount in each game then you have more chances to enjoy the whole day.

yeah, if you want to earn from betting, there is a chance if you bet on one or two matches combined, everything more than that is a pure luck, and should not be considered.
Of course, no one should recommend earning for living from betting, but if one want to try, a lot of matches on one ticket is a way to lose money. Sometimes you can win, but that will be a rare situation, and usually you will lost money - so it is just a matter of luck, but if you follow sport (or whatever you bet on), you can find good quotes (since quotes are generic) and use it to make your winnings better. This requires a lot of work, and it is not as far as interesting, as just watching match with small bet to make it more interesting, it is a job (which you could love or hate, like any other)
Activity: 2618
Merit: 439
I have been gambling a lot these days with soccer matches but I'm not enough lucky to make a profit. Howeber, I'm not into huge loss. It's very tiny amount if I check all the previous P/L.
I don't bet big amount. Usually, I bet $4/$5 worth of BTC on a lot of matches; sometimes I win and sometimes I loss. But that can't make me any profit.
Should I go for bigger amount of bets on few matches or stay with current strategy (placing many bets of small amounts)?
Do you really want to gamble or to have fun?

- if you want to have fun then continue your style that is the best way to enjoy the game and your gambling activities.

- if you wanted to gamble only?then Bet all in one game so that will decide your future,if Luck will favor you or not.

don't make gambling activities complicated mate.
Activity: 2548
Merit: 572
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
It's almost the same the only difference is in the team you want to bet like what other said if you are confidence for the team you want to bet then you can bet higher but if you doubt about the team you want to bet then you can also reduce your bet so the risk to lost is can also be lower.
unfortunately when at a gambling place it cannot be like that because when you have given a bet at the gambling place it is impossible to reduce the existing bet when you lose it will lose the assets you used to gamble immediately.
Activity: 2408
Merit: 202
Depends on the situation mate,there are gamblers that wanted to enjoy the games thats why they choose to Bet small in each matches to kill time at the same time do their betting.

i agree on you as a gambler,but not as wanted to be entertained.Betting big in single match means you need to go home once the team you choose lose?while if small amount in each game then you have more chances to enjoy the whole day.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 2196
Signature space for rent
I am assuming you are a beginner on the gambling. As you know, low-risk low gain and high-risk high gain. You aren't happy because your betting amount is very low but you are betting on multiple matches. But do you have noticed that you are learning lots of things? If you bet high amount at the beginning either you would lose or gain high. But you can't learn a lot. So my suggestion just continues a few more days or weeks with the same strategy as you are playing now. So you will gain much more knowledge about gambling and related stuff. Then it would be the best & smart decision to gambling with quite a high amount than now.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1603
hmph..
It's almost the same the only difference is in the team you want to bet
yes that's absolutely correct, choosing a team is the most important thing in betting, if the selected team has good results in several appearances and can play with their best players, then this indicates 80% of the team can win, we can take a place for bet. but in a big match we have to do more analysis before deciding because both of them are the best teams in the league, so we have to instill the thought that the potential for winning and losing is 50%, if not at all sure, I would prefer not to bet
Activity: 1036
Merit: 329
Activity: 1764
Merit: 260
Binance #SWGT and CERTIK Audited

It's up to you. But in my opinion, it's a good idea to bet higher on those matches that you are more confident with.
If you are already very familiar to the both of the team, then that should somehow means that you can place better predictions to the result of their match.
If so, I suggest placing higher bets. Smiley

But just like I said, it will depend on your senses that time.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1860
Personally, I prefer to place bigger amount of bets on a few matches, only on those matches you strongly believe would give you a win. But you can always place varying amounts of bets depending on how convinced you are of the teams or odds you are betting on.

Sometimes I also place bets on teams or odds which I am very unsure of. But it would be with very minimal amounts.

The lower the risk, the higher the bet. The higher the risk, the lower the bet.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 122
you said you can win sometimes but those wins cant cover what you have lost or you can win without loosing but that wins are too small for you to say that you are already on profit . if you continue like this nothing will change on you . you need to change your betting style . you need to up your bets and foccus on smaller quantity of matches. in that way if you win , you feel that your wins are slightly big enough for you to stop . i was once betting small but i realized overtime that what im doing is nonsense because i cant reach my targeted profit
Activity: 2912
Merit: 556
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

I prefer to use a little money of bets to use bigger bets because we are not searching for winning. I see that you seem to want to familiarize yourself with a sports bet, so my suggestion will be like that because if you're going to win big, you need to know as much data as possible. Even if you use bigger bets, you will not have a chance to win if you don't have valid data.

Staying with the current strategy will be okay. Besides that, if you lose, that will not be a big loss in money. Using the money you can afford will be the best thing that you can always use in gambling games.
Activity: 2576
Merit: 666
I don't request loans~
As long as there's a certain amount of confidence, betting big on a couple of matches would provide more profit imo. Yes, spreading your assets on multiple matches could provide you better chances, but without a big enough funds to actually feel the profit coming in, there's really no point. It'd be a lot better to research a few matches and then lock on to a team you're guaranteed for sure to win. Though the odds would actually be lower since there are not only you assuming their team is going to win, but at the very least, profit is guaranteed.

Spreading bets may actually take time for you to actually see profits, but well, highly up to you and your preference when it comes to betting. Big amounts on couple of matches have the risk of also losing big amounts, but spread evenly, then your win and loss is even as well, it has both its prons and cons tbh.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1804
guess who's back
assuming that we are talking about professional betting then bankroll management is a key , there is no big and small bets in professional betting
you simply divide your bankroll to X units and start betting these units according to the value that you see in the bet , the higher the value the higher the stake should be without going too crazy of course

the bets should be value bets of course cause bankroll management is useless when the bettor isn't betting value , the bankroll may just last longer but you won't make any money

I would say if you want to do it better keep it small and start tracking the bets you make to see if you are actually doing good after 1000 bets or so , it may take you several years to be certain about how good or bad you are but there is no other way to do it ( except maybe following verified tipsters )
TGD
Activity: 1288
Merit: 620
Wen Rolex?

You are doing the right way if your goal in betting is just to have a small profit with a low risk. The only thing you should consider is the odds you are picking so that you can guarantee that you will still win even though some of your bet lose. For example, you can bet only on match that has an odds range to 1.6-1.8 so that you can guarantee that your chance of winning on all your bet will be in favor.

I believe you are betting on multiple bet with random odds that's why you can't have a stable profit so far.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 667
I suggest you limit your bet, it's not necessary to make a lot of bet, by limiting the number of your bets that would give you a better picture to put only your bets on the games that you are confident with your analysis, think that you don't need luck, what you need is knowledge that would build your skills to improve and bet consistently in the long run.

Not necessary, it's too risky, big or small amount you can still compute if you are profitable or not, the fact that you are still losing (though small only) that means you are not good yet, just improve your winning percentage then slowly increase your bet as you go further.
Activity: 2072
Merit: 656
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
Well, there is an Initial Investment quote that is very interesting:

Like with virtually every money-making opportunity in the world, the more money you have, the more money you can make.

The rich get richer, eh?

That’s about right, yes.
And I probably agree with this. Betting more in only a few matches may be better than small amounts in more matches.
However, every decision will take risks and know your risk at first. Whatever strategy you take, it will result in positive and negative sides. But in this case, we should take the one with less negative sides. And it is right, none is easy in betting.

Previously, I think this article is also a good read in order to add our knowledge and inspiration about betting:
https://www.beatingbetting.co.uk/basics/how-much-can-you-make-from-matched-betting/
https://www.bettingexpert.com/academy/basics-for-succesful-betting/10-tips-for-succesfull-betting

Good luck to you and hope you win the bet.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 851
As for me I'd rather bet in one $50 than $10 in 5 games, especially if I'm quite sure about the bet that's easy peasy.
In soccer, there's no eash peasy win, man, you know that. For instance, the current UCL champion Bayern Munich has lost to a normal team in Bundesliga; surprisingly almost everyone was playing other than Lewandowski. You can never be sure in soccer. This is where the risk is. You will never have good odds when you pick such good team expecting to have 100% win. The return will be low but once slipped, yoh have to lose a big amount.
Thanks for your suggestion though.
Pages:
Jump to: