Pages:
Author

Topic: between whitepapper and reality - page 2. (Read 1009 times)

Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
October 17, 2018, 05:16:02 PM
What is written in the WP is not guarantee that it will be realized in real life. It depends on the development team
if they are capable and experienced enough to fulfill the project promises.
This is something that people have learned the hard way, it is very easy to get excited about a project after reading the white paper, but it has been a constant that the developers of the project do not really make an effort to try to fulfill the promises that they made in the white paper, I think this is one of the reasons of why people are no longer reading white papers because there is not a point to do it.
Activity: 232
Merit: 11
October 15, 2018, 04:22:46 PM
whitepaper can copy from another project, this doesn't really matter. Complete documents are indeed a basic need. but the activeness of developers in promoting their projects is also very necessary, I prefer the second factor. The most important thing is personal analysis where the project is able to adapt to market possibilities, many projects are unreasonable and too impossible to develop, I am still skeptical of VR technology projects and their relation to market reaction, they will definitely be trapped in the middle of the road without clarity .
Activity: 826
Merit: 258
October 14, 2018, 11:55:39 AM
I believe a whitepaper is really worth to learn, but we can't just blindly believe on the project that opening an ICO, cause doing that will makes us suffer from the other condition of the market itself.
Activity: 232
Merit: 100
October 14, 2018, 11:40:16 AM
I see a lot of fake ICOs that are on this forum and have taken a lot of casualties.
many investors lose their money.
they offer tempting benefits but in the end they cheat and it's clearly against the law.
how can they get away with this forum and this will make crypto electability destroyed.
sometimes I ask whether there is a legal legal umbrella to protect investors where they complain and whether there are legal sanctions for those fraudsters.
and I want to see your opinions and solutions about this.
Some countries do provide legal protection against frauds in crypto market, but not every country. The reason is that most of the governments have already issued a circular or article against investing in ICO or the disadvantages of going in cryptos. Since, cryptos are decentralized and at most anonymous. It becomes tough to crack down the scammers in the market. We as investors should do proper research and take precautions before making an investment in ICOs.
Activity: 95
Merit: 1
October 14, 2018, 11:36:42 AM
Every investor should have different strategy to analyze the right ICO for investing. However, most of them will see the whitepaper. It includes the very completed concepts, token, team, and everything about the project. If everything is clearly stated and explained in the whitepaper, it seems that this is good enough for a project. But of course, WP is not the only one element that we must consider. Think much on their real team, community, wallet, and many more.

the basis of a project is a whitepaper. the problem is the reality that occurs after they distribute coins and proceed to the market list. here is not explained in the whitepaper how their next strategy is to at least maintain the initial price. they don't promise anything and it sucks.

There are many facts that are different from the whitepaper, partners should be involved in funding able to inhibit the wave of large-scale sales, I doubt their capabilities and as seen only as a document sweetener, actually not involved at all post-coins enter the market.

I prefer to communicate critically directly with the developer before following it.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 252
October 14, 2018, 10:54:15 AM
I see a lot of fake ICOs that are on this forum and have taken a lot of casualties.
they offer tempting benefits but in the end they cheat and it's clearly against the law.
how can they get away with this forum and this will make crypto electability destroyed.
sometimes I ask whether there is a legal legal umbrella to protect investors where they complain and whether there are legal sanctions for those fraudsters.

In every whitepaper in the ico most of the investors got attracted in it because of the road map they to their project program. Then, most of them too after

their ico finish the token price its not yet happen in the actual price value once their token has been listed in the exchange in terms of reality.

Whitepaper  affects people's decision investing with any projects, problem with that is when the developers are not really after with progress but only for benefits, even they wrote a good target progress without any development coming from the team there's nothing special that will happen to the project
most of the time when the coin got listed automatically the value got dumped and investors loses their money selling out of panic losing the entire investment.
Activity: 308
Merit: 4
October 14, 2018, 10:53:19 AM
Last few months we have seen dramatic increase that many of the ICO did not want to listing any exchanges, even its written in road map. They sell tokens to the investors and keep them pushing buying more tokens. Discounted token prizes now is just a lie. Private investors buying the token with really high bonuses and its easy to sell their tokens half of the real ICO prize.
Moreover even they need softcap for development of the project they choose to run the project without having enough money collected. That is all means years and years to develop the project, listing a proper exchange. Rules must be changed or less and less ICO will able to be a real crypto project.
Activity: 658
Merit: 10
Catena X
October 14, 2018, 10:51:47 AM
Every investor should have different strategy to analyze the right ICO for investing. However, most of them will see the whitepaper. It includes the very completed concepts, token, team, and everything about the project. If everything is clearly stated and explained in the whitepaper, it seems that this is good enough for a project. But of course, WP is not the only one element that we must consider. Think much on their real team, community, wallet, and many more.
Activity: 728
Merit: 252
October 14, 2018, 10:46:37 AM
Funny, this is really a very funny situation. Especially if in white paper everything was so colorfully painted, but in fact just some kind of calculator, then this is certainly ridiculous, because it looks more like a scam project. But still today scam should be severely punished ..
Activity: 812
Merit: 251
October 14, 2018, 10:39:20 AM

In every whitepaper in the ico most of the investors got attracted in it because of the road map they to their project program. Then, most of them too after

their ico finish the token price its not yet happen in the actual price value once their token has been listed in the exchange in terms of reality.
Activity: 392
Merit: 2
October 13, 2018, 04:41:03 PM
What is written in the WP is not guarantee that it will be realized in real life. It depends on the development team
if they are capable and experienced enough to fulfill the project promises.
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
October 13, 2018, 02:27:33 PM
Of course, there is a very big gap in this, because many projects are really very much and very essentially cannot do as they are written in white paper, I am sure that today many people still understand this.

I have not yet met a single project where there would be no deviations in the fulfillment of obligations from white paper. The main thing that developers can honestly admit about it and fix their mistakes.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
October 13, 2018, 02:10:33 PM
The market is mostly unregulated so it is going to be impossible to offer some kind of solution about this, people can get away with all of those scams not only because of the lack of regulation but also because most of them never revealed the real identity because they use fake pictures and names to promote their ico, so any attempt to find them is going to be a lot more difficult because you do not know who they are.
Activity: 420
Merit: 3
October 13, 2018, 02:07:24 PM
Unfortunately there is body yet to protect investors from those scam ICOs, except for some SEC compliant ICOs, where investors are fully protected.
We are in a system where most times, investors should know how to identify and be able to distinguish between scam and genuine ICOs.
Activity: 87
October 13, 2018, 09:46:01 AM
I think this is a market of belief. So the risk is very high in investing in ICO projects. It is very difficult to find a great project. The best way to get a good project is to attend the ICO meeting. Good projects usually have face-to-face meetings and that makes it possible for investors to ask questions directly and to create great confidence for many investors.
Not all crypto currencies can stay the same from the idea period to actually end of roadmap. I do not think ethereum was first created as the "ICO King" coin neither but after it got divided into two the eth we have became the the eth we know and many coins started out their ICO systems thru ethereum blockchain which made a lot of people buy ethereum to get into the new ICOs and eventually make it worthwhile.

That's the good example, there are lot of coins that started as "x" but turned into "y" along the way like that too, some end up as great, some end up as horrible. We can't judge the roadmap from whitepaper, life changes constantly, so does coins.
Activity: 120
October 13, 2018, 08:45:35 AM
Thank you for all. who have given your thoughts to progress together.
indeed every job in this world there must be a risk only the purpose of our community is to remind each other and interact with each other to move forward together.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
October 13, 2018, 08:12:40 AM
Warning! User Qiuyue201 is using stolen account!

Cancel all his bounties etc.!

Hello, scammer.

You stole my account. I am reporting this form now on to all the bounties you are attemptimg to participate in (but I am doing it at the last of the bounty so you have to work for nothing). Also reporting to all the prevoiuos bounties that ended and you were not paid for them yet. Also reporting to Bitcointalk administration that you are using my stolen account. This is second time it happened to me. Not sure if you were last time or someone else, but this time I am asking them to ban all your accouints if you have any multi accounts.

There was no solution because there was no any regulation that regulated the development of icos. remember all of these money are holding directly by these icos creators. As far as i know the fact that if there was a project that change its roadmap and it can be considered as a scam dude.
So many project has been doing this thing.
copper member
Activity: 364
Merit: 0
October 13, 2018, 05:31:29 AM
There are those scammers that are behind bars now but sad to say that not all have been punished. We are in the crypto world where we can hide our identity that is why some abuses this attribute. Anonymous but they can be traced if we really want scammers to be punished for the crime they committed.
Activity: 490
October 13, 2018, 05:25:03 AM

We cannot detect scam projects or other frauds, all this has become a risk that must be taken. As investors, they know better what to do if they see this. This is the advantage of the scammers in Crypto, no one knows with his malicious account. All come together as one without a clear identity, but surely you use your thoughts and understanding to things that are better and useful, every action must have wisdom and risks.
Activity: 546
Merit: 4
October 13, 2018, 05:23:34 AM
I think we really need to work towards reality
Most whitepapers promise heaven and earth only to crash out after a successful ico

But to be honest
We can detect good projects from their whitepaper
All we need to do is discover what type of product they have to offer us
Pages:
Jump to: