Pages:
Author

Topic: BEWARE! Binance suspended Deposit of STEEM [Problem solved] - page 3. (Read 378 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 1
Express Gratitude With Merit
Hello to everybody!

I would like to warn everybody involved in Steemit activities about the issues Binance is having with STEEM, in order not to get in the similar to my situation.

Yesterday I decided to send my STEEM to Binance account in order to sell it and withdraw my earnings. I always use this exchange `cause I trust it. But depositing STEEM was my first experience, and it turned out to be the worst. Although I have an account on Poloniex, I was afraid to transfer my funds there because we all know existing issues of this cryptocurrency exchange. I needed to withdraw my funds fast, so I decided to use my favorite and reliable exchange - Binance.

I did everything right. I found my Deposit Address and Deposit Memo in my Binance wallet, returned to Steemit and sent my funds in the right direction. Of course, I knew that transferring STEEM to external exchange is made manually and would take some time. That's why I patiently waited.

I'd waited for almost 3-4 hours but my STEEM still didn't appear on my Binance account. I kept waiting patiently. And what do I find after 5 hours of expectation? I enter my Binance account and amazedly see that the option of STEEM deposit is unavailable, and the system notifies "Wallet Maintenance. Deposit suspend". And this news got me pretty nervous because such issues take a long time to be solved. If we take a look at HitBTC, after suspension of STEEM deposit and withdrawal, they never renewed it.

The most irritating thing for me is that I transferred my funds long before the deposit was suspended. And also that Binance doesn't notify its clients of such suspension in advance. Moreover, they don't even include the information about it in their news section.

After 10 hours of expectation, I wrote a letter to Binance support and received an answer soon that they are aware of this issue and are already working on its fixing as soon as possible. But who knows what that means. For them "soon" can be even a month. And for me, it is not even clear whether I'll receive my deposited funds or will never see it again.

Thus, I would like to warn all the Steemians and those, who hold STEEM and want to exchange it on Binance, to be very careful sending their STEEM to this exchange and refuse to do it while the issue is solved.

Hope, this information helps somebody to protect his assets. Be safe!

Quick update: Today, 27 March 2018, the STEEM wallets were restored. My deposit was credited to my account immediately. Feel free to use your STEEM wallets, the issue is fixed.
Pages:
Jump to: