Pages:
Author

Topic: Beware Bitcoin Users! Is Bitcoin Taxation inevitable? - page 2. (Read 1176 times)

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501
Its not hard to put tax on btc, in my country its very hard to tax on btc, because I am trading btc with USD, I dont take my profit to my currency, so until I convert it to my currency, its hard to put tax on my Income, but the problem is when I convert the btc to my currency at that time they can put tax on my money...
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
If we move to the bitcoin economy, the govs will find the way to tax bitcoin, which will compensate for the reducing amount of taxed fiat money revenue. At the time, the adoption rate would be huge. Like fiat money, you can still find ways to evade the taxation but the gov will be chasing your bitcoin flows behinds you! 
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
many that were holding money on mtgox, are not even usa citizens, IRS can't do shit to tax those, and many of those live in country were bitcoin is not taxable yet, not regulated at all

i'm not declaring anything for now because in my country is not regulated either, until then bitcoin is not taxable for me, i see it as a stamp collection
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001
"Any opinion that says bitcoin's not taxable — any attorney will say that’s hogwash. The better question is when and how it will be taxed," said attorney Tyler Robbins.

"Robbins also observed that anti-money laundering agency FINCEN can share information with other parts of the Treasury Department, including the IRS.
Bitcoin watchers will recall that FINCEN is the agency that seized millions from bankrupt exchange Mt. Gox last year and presumably obtained customer account information in the process."

Is this our future, total taxation of bitcoin? Do you think government will obtain your personal info through exchange markets and then use it to collect bitcoin tax from you? What do you think?

Source: https://gigaom.com/2014/03/24/bitcoin-barons-face-tax-dilemma-as-april-15-deadline-looms/
Pages:
Jump to: