Pages:
Author

Topic: Beware of Bittrex blocking withdrawals for "security" reasons - page 2. (Read 3954 times)

Activity: 952
Merit: 500
Bittrex has already blocked thousands of accounts especially of those belonging to syria,iran,india,russia,pakistan.Its unusual for a big exchange to suddenly block withdrawals.

Bittrex is even banning its users from using support tickets.Already,bitcoin holders were aware of Mt.Gox crash.Now,there is no clear response from bittrex side.

Already,many have left poloniex due to slow response in solving issues to bittrex and now here too,they are facing issues.

Bittrex had recently attracted new bitcoin investors by announcing that it would support bitcoin cash due to which it got huge support and now,this move would definitely spoil its reputation.
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
is there any  decentralized BTC exchange?
Yes there are few and bitsquare is one of them but they are still in premitive stage and there is not much sell/buy offers to make trades in large volumes.

Etherdelta is not decentralized but atleast you will have max control over your tokens and ETH there.
Activity: 462
Merit: 257
Sounds like most of you fuckers are really shady.  Whats the big deal in verification?  Why not provide them your address and name?  You and they are dealing with MONEY which is really sensitive stuff.

It takes less than an hour to verify.  I have no fucking sympathy for you people who insist on being anonymous for trading money for fucks sake like your some kind of druglord somewhere.

You're missing the point. What if it were your bank that suddenly said "Well guys, if you want to withdraw from an ATM from now on, you will have to confirm that you fundamentally exist by sending over all your personal information. Until then, you'll be limited to 10$ a day". All this off course with no prior notice.

I'm no drug dealer, I don't do any illegal shit with my cryptos. I just feel like I have to stand against being held hostage for bullshit reasons. And also, I don't want a company, that has no legal backing btw, to force me to give them personal information about myself. They are not a bank nor a government institution. They are just an exchange, nothing else, and unless I decide to get verified and consciously give them my personal information, they can go fuck themselves.

[...]

First, I am quoting your post as proof and to put a timestamp on it.

Second, I would like to know why there is a repeating pattern in all or most of the recent complaints on Bittex. I have noticed that the problem is always with the poster and his friend, or with just his friend. It would help if you tell us what country you are from, when you and your friends made your accounts and what coins are used in the exchange.

I speculate that there is a money laundering ring that has started using Bittrex.

We're in Switzerland. I created my account some time this summer on Bittrex and my friend a while before I did, I was more of a polo user. We're not money laundring, but you'll have to take my word for it  Tongue. I'm not sure what coins my friend has on there, I think it's mostly BTC. I have bit of music, zen, exp etc. Nothing much, as I said, I got like 0.07BTC on there, hardly a sum no launder...lol

Nobody could expect this move from Bittrex without any warning! That is why we should use different exchanges and assets to diversify our risks.

P.S.
I hate Polo  Smiley
Agree, but one question is interesting. What is the dislike for poloniex? Because I personally never had problems with her

Mostly because their support is inexistant. I still have a ticket that has been open for 4 months. A lot of people tried to withdraw Sia coins at some point and their coins just got lost and Polo was incapable of fixing the issue in a quick manner. That's just one thing, there are probably others.

i also use bitrex and i still good alright,
it does have i can draw fund cuman 1-2 btc per day
Activity: 316
Merit: 110
Then we have to get real about it. In some ways having those verification is for our protection. Even if you say you are not a bad guy, their are still people who would want to take advantage of how good you are. They don't ask personal info to scam it against you. Because this is the most issue why governments dont really want to regulate bitcoin. It is virtual and not all want to use if for good reason. They ask personal info to just know who is getting how much. Because unverified are taking the site for granted trying to be smart to scatter their money to avoid putting all money in one account.
Activity: 487
Merit: 266
Sounds like most of you fuckers are really shady.  Whats the big deal in verification?  Why not provide them your address and name?  You and they are dealing with MONEY which is really sensitive stuff.

It takes less than an hour to verify.  I have no fucking sympathy for you people who insist on being anonymous for trading money for fucks sake like your some kind of druglord somewhere.

You're missing the point. What if it were your bank that suddenly said "Well guys, if you want to withdraw from an ATM from now on, you will have to confirm that you fundamentally exist by sending over all your personal information. Until then, you'll be limited to 10$ a day". All this off course with no prior notice.

I'm no drug dealer, I don't do any illegal shit with my cryptos. I just feel like I have to stand against being held hostage for bullshit reasons. And also, I don't want a company, that has no legal backing btw, to force me to give them personal information about myself. They are not a bank nor a government institution. They are just an exchange, nothing else, and unless I decide to get verified and consciously give them my personal information, they can go fuck themselves.

[...]

Second, I would like to know why there is a repeating pattern in all or most of the recent complaints on Bittex. I have noticed that the problem is always with the poster and his friend, or with just his friend. It would help if you tell us what country you are from, when you and your friends made your accounts and what coins are used in the exchange.

I speculate that there is a money laundering ring that has started using Bittrex.

We're in Switzerland. I created my account some time this summer on Bittrex and my friend a while before I did, I was more of a polo user. We're not money laundring, but you'll have to take my word for it  Tongue. I'm not sure what coins my friend has on there, I think it's mostly BTC. I have bit of music, zen, exp etc. Nothing much, as I said, I got like 0.07BTC on there, hardly a sum no launder...lol

Nobody could expect this move from Bittrex without any warning! That is why we should use different exchanges and assets to diversify our risks.

P.S.
I hate Polo  Smiley
Agree, but one question is interesting. What is the dislike for poloniex? Because I personally never had problems with her

Mostly because their support is inexistant. I still have a ticket that has been open for 4 months. A lot of people tried to withdraw Sia coins at some point and their coins just got lost and Polo was incapable of fixing the issue in a quick manner. That's just one thing, there are probably others.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059
they should have informed me about the change. now i have an account with coins and can't withdraw anything.

Unverified accounts cannot withdraw from Bittrex. Please see this link for more information.

thats what they tell me after the login. but after i followed the link they write:

Unverified Accounts created before 08/01/17: 0.025 BTC (or equivalent) per day

mhh, what now.

and what about this:

my bittrex account is legacy too i withdraw BTC today, more than 3 BTC..it went out.

its only a matter of time before you're greeted with a "new" account. I had a legacy account which recently converted to "new" and had to go through the doc process. not fun.

hmmm...thanks for the heads up.
Activity: 1063
Merit: 253
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
Decentralized exchanges are coming.  Komodo Platform's BarterDEX is in the works.  I opened a Bittrex account recently and went through all that hassle.  I think they did this to conform to KYC.  Bittrex is based in the US and if they don't collect basic information they would face serious legal consequences.  I lost a lot when Cryptsy folded so I don't keep anything in an exchange that I can't afford to lose.  This collections of data will only get worse until more decentralized exchanges pop up.
This why the bitfinex exchange site already taken the decision to  move into the hongkong, I think that has a relation with the regulation. Bittrex team already stated that the team already banned 0.1% form the total accounts due to the security reason.
Activity: 203
Merit: 151
they should have informed me about the change. now i have an account with coins and can't withdraw anything.

Unverified accounts cannot withdraw from Bittrex. Please see this link for more information.

thats what they tell me after the login. but after i followed the link they write:

mhh, what now.

and what about this:

my bittrex account is legacy too i withdraw BTC today, more than 3 BTC..it went out.

its only a matter of time before you're greeted with a "new" account. I had a legacy account which recently converted to "new" and had to go through the doc process. not fun.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

mhh, what now.

and what about this:

Activity: 672
Merit: 252
Until the end
Decentralized exchanges are coming.  Komodo Platform's BarterDEX is in the works.  I opened a Bittrex account recently and went through all that hassle.  I think they did this to conform to KYC.  Bittrex is based in the US and if they don't collect basic information they would face serious legal consequences.  I lost a lot when Cryptsy folded so I don't keep anything in an exchange that I can't afford to lose.  This collections of data will only get worse until more decentralized exchanges pop up.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
I logged in there yesterday to see how things were going..
I was right away confronted with some verification crap.. not happening.
I did not join and support crypto to fork over my picture ID to AML/KYC govt complaint exchange businesses.
If you all value crypto you will reject this bullshit NOW.

Oh and recap time..
Cryptsy told me they lied to users and froze their accounts when a govt related request was made.
Get it ?
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
This is what comes out of government involvement
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
I use Bittrex and I am safe from the news. Indeed there are many accounts disabled because they have not verified the data themselves and do not use their account (passive account).
Activity: 747
Merit: 101
Seems lot of user accounts from middle east are closed, even if it is verified account(cointelegraph). At least they must be informed by bittrex about what's going on. I had plan to going there (coz who don't know about mighty bittrex) but because this thing maybe i'll just trade on local exchange. Hope best for them

It takes less than an hour to verify.  I have no fucking sympathy for you people who insist on being anonymous for trading money for fucks sake like your some kind of druglord somewhere.

hey they know exactly what cryptocurrency is
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1003
Bittrex actually gives us no choice but to get our accounts verified unless you want to donate them your tokens.  My only complaint is the basic verification process should be better, mine was rejected for an unknown reason and now I need to submit my identification for the enhanced verification. 
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1460
So a friend of mine was trying to withdraw a certain amount of coins from Bittrex (around 1 BTC) and was faced with the need to now become verified on Bittrex to withdraw anything above 0.025BTC (accounts created prior to the 1st of August have a limit of 0.025BTC, newer accounts have 0 (lol)).

I don't know how many of you use Bittrex, if this is old news and just a copycat of another topic, but I felt like it needed to be put out there.

This is what they state:

"Due to the large number of leaked username and password databases, we are making changes to withdrawals to limit the damage of unauthorized access to your account.  This is not a substitute to having strong and unique passwords, protecting your email account, and having 2 factor authentication on your Bittrex account.  Bittrex strongly encourages you to have 2 factor authentication.  "

Ok, I'm all for security, but if people dealing cryptos are stupid enough to put qwertz1234 as their password and not enable 2FA, it's their own fault for being stupid.

Then comes the fun part (all from their support section):
-----------
"Withdraw Limits

1. If your password has been changed, you cannot make a withdrawal for 24 hours
2. If your account does not have 2FA, you are limited to withdrawing up to 1 BTC (or equivalent) per day ==> wtf, I had 2FA enabled forever yet my limit is 0.025? So with less security you have a bigger limit. Wow. Much sence. Very secure.

3. Please check below to see what limit your account falls under.
Unverified Accounts created before 08/01/17: 0.025 BTC (or equivalent) per day ==> Hey, I mister miseeks, look at meee
Unverified Accounts created on or after 08/01/17: 0 BTC (or equivalent) per day
Basic Accounts: 3 BTC (or equivalent) per day with two-factor enabled. ==> I'm fine with that
Enhanced Accounts: 100 (or equivalent) BTC per day with two-factor enabled"

-----------

So I go ahead and enter some bogus name and address in their basic validation form. Hey, you can't blame a guy for trying: no official document is required for a basic account and nothing on their page states you have to input correct information (or I missed it). I click on the apply button and it says "verifying public records" or some other shit. Obviously, their results turn up empty. But oh wow, I can't even re-apply for a basic account with "correct" information. The only thing you can do from there is get an enhanced account where you need to take a selfie of yourself etc. Which is exactly what I, and any person involved into cryptos, don't want. I don't know the people at Bittrex.

Trying not to cringe...

Now, ok, I probably fucked myself I guess. But still, this poses a number of questions:

1. For one, I have never received notification from Bittrex that at some point in time, I would have to upgrade my account or be limited to 0.025 BTC a day
2. What public records are they looking up to check your info? What if I'm not in the public records they query? Imagine you have 2-3 BTCs on there that you can no longer withdraw
3. What happens if you unintentionally misspell your name or address?
4. Even if I get verified, take a nice smiling picture of myself and send over all my info, what guarantee do I have they won't use my information for other purposes? I tell you: not a single one! I don't know the people at Bittrex, and if a company I deal with starts to just change their T&C like that, stopping me from having access to my funds, you sure as fuck can't trust them.

I already knew you couldn't trust exchanges, but I thought this should be pointed out (again). Everyone should leave Bittrex (or any exchange for that matter) and stash their coins in their own wallets at home.

I know some or a lot of you will go ahead and say "big deal, just get verified and be done with it". Fuck no! This is not what the cryptos where made for. And at the very least, Bittrex should have communicated, which they haven't, and they should have made their due diligence and let people withdraw their fund before implementing all this BS. I'm sorry but this looks like a hostage situation or a play to identify everyone. Call me paranoid if you want, but their leverage is very simple and efficient: either you give them all your info or say bye bye to your coins and deal with the pain of withdrawing small amounts every day, for which you will of course pay the fees every time :-).

Lucky me, I only have like 0.06 BTC on Bittrex. I have opened a support ticket on their support page, no reply in 24 hours...

Activity: 2352
Merit: 245
Yes, bittrex leads an unfair game. I think many of its users will be forced to abandon the services of this exchange. The proposed new rules and the size of daily cash limits for withdrawal from the stock exchange will not satisfy many. We need exchanges where it would be possible to freely and anonymously trade crypto currency.
Activity: 1188
Merit: 251
Initially, I was worried because many accounts which suddenly snaps or other problems. but so far my account is secure there is no problem with bittrex, my account was already in verification and use 2FA, the last few hours I do withdraw approximately 0.5 and it success.

Activity: 9
interesting.
thanks for the information.
i'm not that happy that they did this!
what about just withdrawing $150 usd per day. annoying yes but at least you get something out.
also what about doing the basic verification?
use something like hushed on your phone.
that would help a bit.

The whole thing is completely ridiculous. Even if I put in my true name and address, I have no idea if they would find me in their "public records".

Yes, it is ridiculous - and you're right that they won't find you even when provided with true information - tested  Smiley

Is there anyone who passed the search in "public records"?

Nope. Tried tonight for the "enhanced" version. Failed. No option to retry. Fuckers.
Activity: 33
I was just able to withdraw .025 btc from bittrex.

But what the fuck!!

Make it atleast .1 for fucks sake.
Pages:
Jump to: