Pages:
Author

Topic: Beware of scammer like this..... - page 2. (Read 269 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 4
May 17, 2018, 12:40:33 AM
As I understand, he gave you link to a phishing website? Good that you didn't tried to login. Otherwise I would recommend to change your password ASAP.
I see that this guy was already tagged as account farmer in past. I suspect that he is hacking accounts with help of phishing links. If victim tries to login on phishing website, he just collect login details, change password and later sell account.
Report the PM to Admin, so he get perm ban.
Scammers can't get ban on bitcointalk, but I think he can be banned for spreading phishing links. Report him to global moderator would be a good idea.

Two hero member in one topic so glad to be notice by you two. The website that he send is too suspicious, so I didn't login. Hackers are upgrading this days so upgrade yourself too to prevent lost. Thanks by the way. Smiley
May 17, 2018, 12:34:51 AM
Yes, Sometimes even Google results show mirror sites above than the original site. The phishing is gaining momentum these days and it's not just about Bitcointalk but even this is happening in the case of popular crypto individuals or exchanges. Just go through tweets of any popular crypto exchange, you will find dummy accounts with exactly same information replying with a fake giveaway. Since crypto is all about self-responsibility, one should take extreme precaution while taking any decision.
Thank you for the lesson. Your security is all depended in your own hand.  It is a pleasure to be notice by a hero member like you.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
May 16, 2018, 01:13:21 PM
Yes, Sometimes even Google results show mirror sites above than the original site. The phishing is gaining momentum these days and it's not just about Bitcointalk but even this is happening in the case of popular crypto individuals or exchanges. Just go through tweets of any popular crypto exchange, you will find dummy accounts with exactly same information replying with a fake giveaway. Since crypto is all about self-responsibility, one should take extreme precaution while taking any decision.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1338
Slava Ukraini!
May 16, 2018, 10:09:22 AM
As I understand, he gave you link to a phishing website? Good that you didn't tried to login. Otherwise I would recommend to change your password ASAP.
I see that this guy was already tagged as account farmer in past. I suspect that he is hacking accounts with help of phishing links. If victim tries to login on phishing website, he just collect login details, change password and later sell account.
Scammers can't get ban on bitcointalk, but I think he can be banned for spreading phishing links. Report him to global moderator would be a good idea.
May 16, 2018, 12:02:18 AM
Thank you for the tip, I will do it. People like that deserve to be banned permanently. They have no help in this forum yet they infesting here in community.
May 15, 2018, 11:57:57 PM
Thank you for reporting, we don't need scammers like him on the forum.

Of course, who need a scammer ? we all don't need it. Very non sense reply, please be careful of what you reply. Just saying.  Smiley
Activity: 487
Merit: 536
Too Little, Too Late.
May 15, 2018, 11:19:34 AM
May 15, 2018, 11:12:59 AM
I want to share my experience about a person in this forum who just try to scam me.

Beware of the username quintiilieo in bitcointalk. https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/quintiilieo-715575 this is the link.

He pm me and say Hi! then he gave a link. After clicking it, the website is like as the bitcointalk welcome page. Then asking for me to login, I notice that I already login and there is no CAPTCHA required. So I dont login.

BEWARE TO ALL. HOPE TO HELP YOU WITH THIS. THANKS!
Pages:
Jump to: