Pages:
Author

Topic: Beware of the fake Elon Musk bitcoin giveaway - page 2. (Read 289 times)

mk4
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 3845
Paldo.io 🤖
Probably one of the oldest scams in the book in the cryptocurrency markets. Originally being used on Twitter, this is pretty much the same scam, just in a different platform. Don't expect this scam to go away any time soon as it looks like it's been effective.
Activity: 1932
Merit: 622
If we are browsing about the scam using Elon Musk's name, there will be many sources that report the scam and fake giveaway.
Moreover, this kind of scam was since around October 2018, with the almost same ways.
https://www.coindesk.com/twitter-let-a-fake-elon-musk-account-promote-a-crypto-scam

And now it is there again.
One of them can be found here:
https://news.bitcoin.com/elon-musk-bitcoin-giveaway-scam-millions-dollars-btc/

Be careful about this kind of similar scam. What you need to watch out when participating in a giveaway is:
1. Never only believe in one source, you must do your own research to the official sites, social media, and also compare to the other legitimate sources.
2. Never easily tempted by big giveaway rewards, so that you aside the logic to analyze it and just follow the other friends.
3. be careful if you must send ETH/BTC first to unlock the rewards, it may be suspicious and need to watch out, better to check, and recheck again.
4. Never only tempted by the big name, you must know which one is legit and scam.
5. Last, never be greedy because greedy may lead you to play or do without logic analysis and consideration.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1354
CoinPoker.com
Oh, there is a new platform they are using which is the Medium. Because before I only see those scam giveaways on twitter.
Their actions on twitter were replying to tweets of Elon Musk or other famous crypto twitter accounts, and also it got lot of liked from other twitter users, for sure it also a bot.
Those kinds of tweets on twitter or replying to some tweets is for sure a bot.
Activity: 574
Merit: 14

I found this on Medium with several thousand clapps, they also made na fake screenshot of Elon Musk Twitter account for free bitcoin giveaway. I did a search on the real twitter account and it turned out to be a scam. Do not fall for this cheap scam, bottomline, they will ask you to send them some of your bitcoin or ethereum for them to credit you the bitcoin. Scammers on rampage. I wonder why Medium has not taken down the false article.

Pages:
Jump to: