Pages:
Author

Topic: [BEWARE] The user "Bono" is a scammer. Do NOT trust! - page 2. (Read 5241 times)

legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222
brb keeping up with the Kardashians
Yeah dipshit Bono basically proved himself to be a scammer. He tried to accuse chairforce1 of being the real scammer, but if that were the case, why would chairforce1 send LTC first? I mean who the fuck scams by sending their coins out first?
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
I pm'd both parties and they are still both maintaining that they are innocent.

Hey Bono, what's the deal?

Why is everyone saying you're a scammer? All I've seen from you are polite trade requests and giveaways... or was I just lucky you didn't steal my BTC?

Read the thread.

Some fucking asshole is lying, and the retard police have decided to take the case on for him.

TomatoCage is basically Sheriff Woody... this is ridiculous.

I'm probably going to abandon this account - be sure to tell the parties involved to go fuck themselves.

To me that seems like someone who is sincerely pissed off  Tongue

I dunno, this could be the worst case of innocent Mr. Magooism ever. I'd be more pissed off if I was chairforce tho.
Activity: 280
I'm totally not surprised. So all the effort he put into justifying why he couldn't publicly post the transaction was probably just to stall until he found 'proof' 

I'm curious Tomatocage, how did he pull the veil over your eyes? Can you share how you were tricked with the false proof? I mean... If he fooled you - it must've been a pretty good damn tactic. Is this something we now need to be weary of?

He didn't fool anybody -- he just stalled for time. He showed a transaction on the date/time that he claimed to have sent chairforce1. However, the address didn't match up, but he claimed that's what chairforce1 had sent him.

Gotcha! From your experience, do you think this was the setup from the start? Make the deal, send coins to self at precise time, play victim?
legendary
I'm totally not surprised. So all the effort he put into justifying why he couldn't publicly post the transaction was probably just to stall until he found 'proof' 

I'm curious Tomatocage, how did he pull the veil over your eyes? Can you share how you were tricked with the false proof? I mean... If he fooled you - it must've been a pretty good damn tactic. Is this something we now need to be weary of?

He didn't fool anybody -- he just stalled for time. He showed a transaction on the date/time that he claimed to have sent chairforce1. However, the address didn't match up, but he claimed that's what chairforce1 had sent him.

Activity: 316
Yup. He abandoned his account like I suspected. Scammer confirmed.

Thanks to you and Theymos for the help in revealing this user. I doubt this will help anyone much (and I doubt they will sit for long) but my coins have been transferred and currently remain at this address: LRcv5W5aN8Hp2gg3ix4HG8xwxP7V37U7Eg. If anyone finds themselves in a deal where somebody is requesting payment to this address do NOT perform the deal.
legendary
I sent him a PM asking him to provide the TxID of his alleged payment to you. We'll see if he delivers, out if he just abandons his account now.

Yup. He abandoned his account like I suspected. Scammer confirmed.
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
Why waste everyone's time defending that you didn't scam him when you already have the coins...

Just admit you scammed him (like Gentleman thief) and move on.
1) The first and most obvious omission is a screenshot of the message where you gave me your Bitcoin address. No matter what record of our transaction I post, you will be able to cry foul, claim the receiving address isn't yours, and say I'm just posting any random 1 BTC trade from the time period we were talking about.

A very rational statement.

I myself don't save personal messages for more than a day, so I'm kinda out of luck on that one.

wut?

2) I made it clear in my messages (as I do with every potential trade partner) that I use Coinbase, and their fucked up system can create multiple addresses for each transaction. All in all, the 1.0 BTC I sent you was siphoned through about 16 addresses to get to you, adding an element of intricacy that makes my claim hard to prove especially given point #1.

Irrelevant

3) You mentioned that you looked through all my recent posts to judge my character. And what did you find? Nothing that would indicate I have or had any kind of bad intention. Why would I blow my reputation for a small pile of altcoins and risk ostracizing myself from a community I've newly grown to enjoy?

I applaud you for your short, excellent posting history, I fell for it lol. As for reputation....you made your account on the 24th of December. It seems like more of an efficient use of time to just create a new account. I don't understand why you are creating such a wave with this scam; you have what you want and I have nothing.

Speaking of having nothing I would think I'm handling this very well considering I just gave you 32 LTC free and clear. You on the other hand sound very pissy lol.

I don't ever expect to get that 1 BTC, but hopefully more people will become aware of scams.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000
Si vis pacem, para bellum
For what it's worth, I once sent Bono over $5,000 worth of BTC during a trade... I didn't get scammed  Huh

Not sure why he would start now as opposed to then

Your account was created pretty much at the same time as the date of your feedback for the trade...

suspicious indeed

where is the tx id/thread  for this $5000 of BTC  sent to bono and why didnt wasnt it mentioned before now ?
For what it's worth, I once sent Bono over $5,000 worth of BTC during a trade... I didn't get scammed  Huh

Your account was created pretty much at the same time as the date of your feedback for the trade...
Activity: 266

Activity: 42

Either way I hope you all feel like asses.

Ta-dah! That's all you had to do! You made this situation escalate to this point because you didn't think it was necessary to provide proof. Now that you have, the tables are turned. Wasn't that much easier than having to explain yourself over and over?

No, I don't feel like an ass. But you've acted like one throughout this ordeal.

I don't have time to read through everything but when I get home from work in 12 hours I will. Here is proof that my Havelock account has the address.

And I still don't have a deposit.

I'm glad to see you're back Bono. Not sure why you just never responded to my PM's. I'll be on in 12-13 hours. Good day.

Ta-dah! That's all you had to do! You made this situation escalate to this point because you didn't think it was necessary to provide proof. Now that you have, the tables are turned. Wasn't that much easier than having to explain yourself over and over?

No, I don't feel like an ass. But you've acted like one throughout this ordeal.

Activity: 42
Bono has provided some proof that he did send 1.00 BTC from his Coinbase account on the date/time he claims to have paid chairforce1. However, the address differs from the screenshot that chairforce1 posted in the OP.  I have sent a PM to Theymos to see if we can get more data on this. In the meantime I have removed my negative rating for Bono.

No fricking kidding.

Don't you find it AMAZING that he would post a screenshot of his transaction history plus THE ENTIRE HOMEPAGE of his portfolio website (and all that other oddly specific shit) without ever so much as stating his "real" receiving address until it was pointed out like a day later?

I'm calling photoshop on the "message" he added btw.

You guys are making it hard to be nice. Do you all just assume guilty until proven innocent? Or are you all so desensitized that you didn't think about what your words would look like when it came out that I was actually innocent.

It's so easy to fake a scam report like this one. Jesus Tapdancing Christ. If I had posted this thread before chairforce1, I bet you'd have all jumped on the bandwagon against him.

Stop making it difficult for me to be nice to you.
legendary
Bono has provided some proof that he did send 1.00 BTC from his Coinbase account on the date/time he claims to have paid chairforce1. However, the address differs from the screenshot that chairforce1 posted in the OP.  I have sent a PM to Theymos to see if we can get more data on this. In the meantime I have removed my negative rating for Bono.
legendary
Bono, I guess this is the part where you log off and never log onto that account again.
legendary
If I try to defend myself it will be called BS by the troll who posted the thread, and frankly I don't have any interest in digging up blockchain info for 17 different Coinbase wallet addresses for no reason.

No need to dig up 17 different Coinbase wallet addresses. Just the one destination https://blockchain.info/address/1NegZCyDo1WkFb5cuhVaXzNbTtQ2HRyPzw

I don't claim to know nothin about nothin, but I don't see any 1.00 BTC transactions to that address on the date you claimed to have paid him. In fact I don't see any activity on that address on the date you said to have paid him. Can you explain this? It's not your word against his at this point -- it's your word against the block chain.

You see, chairforce1 has created a unique situation by omitting his Bitcoin address in the original post. Either of us could post the record of the transaction and the other could call it a lie.

You mean this one?
I bring a positive influence to the forum.

Well set a good example and post the transaction ID! I can almost bet your negative rating wouldn't be removed without it. To everyone's who reading this thread, you're the one who looks suspect, not chairforce1, even if he's the perpetrator. You're not even trying to prove your case! Why are you even responding to this thread? No one will believe you unless you at least post the transaction ID showing that 1BTC left your possession (even if it's from 17 different addresses) to another address. You have the address you sent it to in your activity list.... just post that.

If you continue to refuse, just accept the fact you'll be looked at as a scammer from now on.

Pages:
Jump to: