Pages:
Author

Topic: BFL charges about $300 for shipping & actual cost is $53.95 - page 2. (Read 3430 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Oh BFL, how are you not sued and burnt to the ground yet?

I remember seeing threads about persuing legal action against ButtFuckingLliars - anyone know how they are doing?
Activity: 476
If you calculate back, an extra 4 days is $200, but they delayed 8 months which is about 240days.

Well if this happened around August then yes what you said may be true.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Thought the community might want to know if it's not out there already.

I had ordered a 60 GH/s unit way back at the beginning of the year. There was an initial shipping charge (international). About 8 months in to the wait, BFL offered an "upgraded" expedited shipping option for about an extra $200. Of course I jumped at the opportunity to get my miner sooner in the face of increasing difficulty.

Disappointed when the box arrived and I found that it was the Priority Mail International® Large Flat Rate Box by USPS - totalling $53.95. I get there can be some handling fee included perhaps, but really seemed like gauging to me.

Scumbags.
Activity: 434
"upgraded" expedited shipping option

So you waited 8 months and you paid 200$ for your miner to arrive in 1-2 days instead of 5-6 days more...  Roll Eyes
In any case you should ask for those 200$ back.

If you calculate back, an extra 4 days is $200, but they delayed 8 months which is about 240days. Please claim back $12000 (240/4*$200) from them for using snail shipment.
Activity: 476
"upgraded" expedited shipping option

So you waited 8 months and you paid 200$ for your miner to arrive in 1-2 days instead of 5-6 days more...  Roll Eyes
In any case you should ask for those 200$ back.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 254
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
I just checked my order, standard shipping $88.
So that is reasonable markup for packaging.
I would demand that $200 back.  Angry
Activity: 297
You would have at least expected a priority 1 or 2 day express courier or something for that price.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Thought the community might want to know if it's not out there already.

I had ordered a 60 GH/s unit way back at the beginning of the year. There was an initial shipping charge (international). About 8 months in to the wait, BFL offered an "upgraded" expedited shipping option for about an extra $200. Of course I jumped at the opportunity to get my miner sooner in the face of increasing difficulty.

Disappointed when the box arrived and I found that it was the Priority Mail International® Large Flat Rate Box by USPS - totalling $53.95. I get there can be some handling fee included perhaps, but really seemed like gauging to me.
Pages:
Jump to: