Pages:
Author

Topic: {BFL} Newbies PLEASE READ! ~ Least reliable ASIC company? - page 5. (Read 10291 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
I'm sure I'll be able to rely on them again when it comes to Monarch delivery.

legendary
Activity: 966
I think the poll results are wrong.  BFL is highly reliable.  I know I can rely on them to be about 6 months late delivering any new product line.

I'm sure I'll be able to rely on them again when it comes to Monarch delivery.
legendary
Activity: 1260

Darin M. "Bicknellski" Bicknell has tried to run several companies.  After being turned down legally in his native Canada to start a school and being unable to hold down a job for more than a year, he was forced to flee to Indonesia to create an illegal "school" for children.  He is currently actively trying to scam people with his bitcoin mining companies, lets take a look at them according to his list:

1. Few incidents of delays in shipping.

Was completely unable to deliver on his first attempt, even though all parts were supplied by someone else.  This is an infinite delay.
Is now currently delayed for his new "modular" junk miners that don't even function and you have to build it yourself, though he's still trying to run a pre-order scam.

2. Under promise and over deliver.
Failed to delivery a single working device after numerous promises.

3. Follow truth in advertising guidelines.
Advertised for working mining devices, failed to deliver a single one.

4. Polite and concerned customer service people.
Has no customer service people.

5. Company maintains an open line of communication with the community at all times.
Maintains open line of communication, which is required to run a scam such as the Hive & Wasp, as well as the "Big Picture Mining" scam.

6. They provide clear policy for refunds and REFUND upon request without delay.
Finally refunded people after it was clear he was completely unable to deliver on his "Big Picture Mining" scam.  Held on to peoples funds for a period of time, using those funds to enrich himself through trading and arbitrage.

7. Set a clear shipping date for miners.

Failed to set a clear shipping date, but even without setting a clear date was unable to ship a single product.

8. Provide secure methods of payment that allow for the customer to be protected should there be any dispute.
Who knows?

9. Few complaints and those complaints are resolved to the ultimate satisfaction of the buyer in a very timely fashion.
I'm sure those people who finally got a refund after losing the opportunity cost of "purchasing" from Darin M. Bicknell are happy as clams.

10. The company will have reliable and experienced engineers designing the miner, chip and software / firmware.
Has no engineers and can not even deliver a product where all components are designed, programmed and manufactured by someone else.

11. Focus on reliability engineering where there is an emphasis of dependability in the lifecycle management of a product.
Has no product, so reliability isn't a concern.  Has no engineers, so no engineering has been done.

12. The shipped product doesn't require additional hours of tweaking and post engineering to get it mining optimally.

Has no shipped product, so no additional hours are required.  His new Hive and Wasp require extensive engineering capabilities to even get functioning (Supply your own chips!).  LOL

Wow, so Darin can't even satisfy a single point of his list, and he's run two failed ventures so far and he continues to scam people out of BTC.  Yep, real upstanding guy there, that Darin M. Bicknell. Quality fellow!  Runs an illegal school in Indonesia and runs BTC hardware scams on the side, all the while trolling his "competition" with lies and misinformation.  Awesome guy!
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Manateeeeeeees
I'd still rather get what I ordered late than half my money back.  And they gave refunds until June and very publicly stated that they were stopping refunds to enter production.
The shipped very late with both the FPGAs and ASICs and they are still months behind in shipping.
Their products specs were changed many times and missed their power numbers.
They have not provided refunds to their customers who wanted them contrary to FTC regulations.
Their customers service can best be described as unreliable.

And the list goes on.

That would be a clear indication why the majority of people voted for BFL being the LEAST reliable. Makes perfect sense.

Here is where you want to go to SING the praises of BFL... https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/most-reliable-company-342455

Funny they have 0 votes there.. and 200 here... I guess there are lot more people willing to voice opinion about their LACK of Reliability here than those "satisfied" like you are.
Manateeeeeeees
I didn't buy Terrahash, but here's the outcome if I had:
Hashrate delivered
CompanyHashrate delivered and running
BFL540GH/s
Terrahash0GH/s
So, it comes down to what "reliable" means.  LOTS of BFL customers are hashing with their hardware, and ZERO Terrahash customers are hashing with their hardware.  Sure, BFL was super-late, possibly lied through the process, produced a few duds (I have a slow one myself), produced and shipped units REALLY slowly, but in the end, they did deliver, and I'd say that's more reliable in the end than a company that goes under and can't even fully refund everyone.  Of course, you're right that there's just more BFL customers, so maybe proportionally Terrahash customers are more upset about Terrahash than BFL.  All of my BFL hardware has more than ROI'ed in USD (yeah yeah I know it will never ROI in BTC opportunity cost).

Of course, you could say Terrahash's statements were more reliable than BFLs - I agree there.  It's just that one of those statements was "we're done and you don't get your money back."  That is a pretty reliable statement.
How is terrahash not winning this poll?  BFL shipped, Terrahash can't even refund half of customer's money.  We're talking about reliability here, not lateness.

Not everyone bought terrahash... did they?

Given that though seems like BFL is winner for any number of failings.

Shipping dates, failed specs, rma issues, refund issues, lack of ethics etc etc etc and pretty much the general discord they have sown in the community literally makes people want to click that radio button for them more than others right?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3670426 <--- some areas to consider in terms of reliability beyond the hardware and more to do with the company over all.
Manateeeeeeees
How is terrahash not winning this poll?  BFL shipped, Terrahash can't even refund half of customer's money.  We're talking about reliability here, not lateness.
Activity: 327
Merit: 250
Avalon was the only one that delays caused me to lose out. BFL actually came through for me enough to make my ROI, but in no way do I condone their highly unscrupulous business practices at all.
I got my BFL order for two jallies this week. Sadly I have to report only one works and I don't have the funds to try to get a replacement from BFL. The one that works I got for my son and it is hashing away nicely for him. Sadly mine doesn't work on his computer or mine. I would send the dud back but as I said I can't afford to send it back from the UK to the USA as I have very limited funds. I only manage to get this hardware through mining using my graphics card but that has come to an end with the increased difficulty. At least my son is happy as are those at BFL who care little about customers.

Wonder why one company draws so many votes?
Activity: 560
StayFocus and LIVE
Please keep on voting Smiley your vote counts :!)
StayFocus and LIVE
Would be nice to be able to view poll results.

Question:    Vote for the least reliable company?
Cointerra   - 0 (0%)
Kncminer   - 4 (2.6%)
Hashfast   - 4 (2.6%)
butterfly labs   - 126 (81.8%)
Terrahash   - 10 (6.5%)
Avalon   - 10 (6.5%)
Total Voters: 154

You can now view poll's results.
StayFocus and LIVE
Where is that cockroach Incubus?
He does not want none this!!  Cool
I humbly submit that the company that is the least reliable in this poll does NOT do the following things... in fact in most cases they do the exact opposite.

Build Trust - Establish and maintain a positive track record in the marketplace.

Advertise Honestly - Adhere to established standards of advertising and selling.

Tell the Truth - Honestly represent products and services, including clear and adequate disclosures of all material terms.

Be Transparent - Openly identify the nature, location, and ownership of the business, and clearly disclose all policies, guarantees and procedures that bear on a customer’s decision to buy.

Honor Promises - Abide by all written agreements and verbal representations.

Be Responsive - Address marketplace disputes quickly, professionally, and in good faith.

Safeguard Privacy - Protect any data collected against mishandling and fraud, collect personal information only as needed, and respect the preferences of consumers regarding the use of their information.

Embody Integrity - Approach all business dealings, marketplace transactions and commitments with integrity.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Where is that cockroach Incubus?
StayFocus and LIVE
Any more votes Huh

Vote for the least reliable company? Cointerra  1 (0.5%)
Kncminer  5 (2.7%)
Hashfast  6 (3.2%)
butterfly labs  152 (81.3%)
Terrahash  11 (5.9%)
Avalon  12 (6.4%)
 Lock Voting
Edit Poll 
Total Voters: 187

Thanks

StayFocus and LIVE
Butterfly is in the lead!  Shocked

Vote for the least reliable company? Cointerra  0 (0%)
Kncminer  4 (2.3%)
Hashfast  6 (3.4%)
butterfly labs  144 (82.3%)
Terrahash  10 (5.7%)
Avalon  11 (6.3%)

Please keep on voting  Grin thanks
Activity: 490
BFL has to win the award for stringing people along for the longest time.

It was two months away from delivery for over a year!  Roll Eyes That's gotta be some kind of world record?

I wonder how many buyers sued for loss of production?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consequential_damages

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1001
Bitcoin - Resistance is futile

What for? For vote what people votes? I think is better hidden.

Question:    Vote for the least reliable company?
Cointerra   - 0 (0%)
Kncminer   - 4 (2.6%)
Hashfast   - 4 (2.6%)
butterfly labs   - 126 (81.8%)
Terrahash   - 10 (6.5%)
Avalon   - 10 (6.5%)
Total Voters: 154
Pages:
Jump to: