Pages:
Author

Topic: BFL RIP OFF... price up 90%, 50GH/s for 2499$. - page 10. (Read 13858 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Seems the MiniRigs are out of stock ...

My guess.... they technically can't deliver a MiniRig with all the problems they have.... just not feasible
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
I love how BFL is doing everything that Team Avalon is doing...

Except you know, actually shipping a product.

Hahahaha true that!
Activity: 252
i hop they find a solution im looking forward to buying 1 or 2 minis
Activity: 454
Merit: 252
BFL and Avalon are just following supply and demand

supply of ASIC devices is near zero at the moment
demand for miners is high since BTC are now > $100 USD and there are only 2 games in town, Avalon and BFL (or buying shares in asicminer)

how much it actually costs to make has almost no impact on price. At some point in the future, the supply of Avalons and SCs will be higher and prices will come down.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500

This +1  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1261
A BFL shipment is far away. What they currently showed is nothing they can deliver. Not even with only 25Gh/s and only 150W. How do you want to cool the chips on this small board with their current cooling solution? Do you think they plan to deliver a water/cryogenic cooling with their devices?
Activity: 602
My guess is BFL wants to actively discourage new orders due to their supply problems and chip issues. By raising the price and lowering performance, some people will still be interested and place orders bringing in much needed revenue, but they can avoid a huge flood of orders once they start shipping (that they probably can't fill in a timely manner)
Activity: 310

Activity: 249
Why weren't you saying this about Avalon? They want 75 BTC ($9700+ USD) for their 64GH/s machine and 88 BTC ($11,440) for their 86+GH/s machines.

Avalon have actually shipped products into enduser hands, therein lies the difference.

I'm going to hold my tongue till units ship but honestly you guys make no sense. If/When BFL delivers; will you guys own up to the fact that those who paid 75 BTC for a 60gh/s unit were fleeced?
Activity: 378
Nothing about power consumption on the site, but they have a new estimated shipping date  Wink And all sales are FINAL !

"Pre-order Terms: Bitforce SC (ASIC) products are in final stage development with initial shipping scheduled for the last half of April 2013. Products are shipped according to placement in the order queue, and delivery may take 2 months or more after order. All sales are final"

Follow the Twitter feed...
https://twitter.com/BFL_News
 Smiley
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Nothing about power consumption on the site, but they have a new estimated shipping date  Wink And all sales are FINAL !

"Pre-order Terms: Bitforce SC (ASIC) products are in final stage development with initial shipping scheduled for the last half of April 2013. Products are shipped according to placement in the order queue, and delivery may take 2 months or more after order. All sales are final"
Activity: 658
Caveat Emptor
Why weren't you saying this about Avalon? They want 75 BTC ($9700+ USD) for their 64GH/s machine and 88 BTC ($11,440) for their 86+GH/s machines.

Avalon have actually shipped products into enduser hands, therein lies the difference.
vip
Activity: 574
Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

Avalon's delivered hardware.
Activity: 378
Yes, however, their ASIC are made.  Their entry cost are made.  So, from now on, producing more ASIC is dirt cheap.  I just don't like the fact that they upgrade prices without notice.  A simple "You get discount if you pre-order" would have been the least.

I do have pre-order 1 SC, but I'm starting to wonder if there's some bad faith at BFL.  I will get the guaranteed 60GH/s, although from their latest tweets, they seem to have big power problem.  So they will probably ship me (and other who pre-ordered) 2 boards at 30GH/s.  So let's see if people find a way to overclock.  Will all 8 cores be populated at lower speed, or full speed on 4 chips populated.  Well, time (hopefully) will tell.
Activity: 249
Activity: 462
Will they send me 1 unit @ 50Gh/s and 2X 5Gh/s since I paid for 60Gh/s?

Maybe I'm too optimistic  Tongue

Thats the plan. They promised shipping the hashrate to all pre-orders.

vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
Will they send me 1 unit @ 50Gh/s and 2X 5Gh/s since I paid for 60Gh/s?

Maybe I'm too optimistic on that one Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1004
source?
Pages:
Jump to: