Pages:
Author

Topic: BFL - The Monarch, Production Update & The 28nm Transfer Program LoLx - page 2. (Read 7002 times)

Activity: 251
Merit: 250
What its gonna be after monarch upgrade ? I have a feeling they show new things they never ship , just keep on upgrading things and give you lil hope and keep your money forever.

Read below

We're excited to announce our 4th-generation bitcoin miner, the 28nm Monarch BPU. The Monarch is our 2nd-generation bitcoin ASIC chip design. Our first generation 65nm chip has allowed us to develop new simulation models that should be far more accurate in power and performance predictions, as well as allowing us to optimize the new generation for better power efficiency & performance gains that would otherwise not be possible. We're very pleased with the results.

Speed:  600GH/s   Power:  350W   Price:  $4,680.00

Can I change my order to a Monarch?  Huh

With the announcement of our new generation miner, we've received requests from customers interested in transferring their 65nm order over into a 28nm Monarch. Although the Monarch is still in development and won't begin shipping until the end of the year, we understand it may serve longer term mining strategies to jump order queues. If that's your desire, we're happy to accommodate.

Do I qualify?

If you have an end-user product, such as a Jalapeno, Little Single, Single, Mini Rig, 5GH/s, 25GH/s, or 50GH/s bitcoin miner in the production queue, you by default have the option to transfer and use the purchase price of your order towards the purchase of a Monarch. Transfers are charged a 10% restocking fee unless you're an original customer who's been waiting the longest. (Orders prior to April 1st.)

To transfer, log into your account dashboard and click on the transfer button next to the order you'd like to convert. Please note that although orders cannot be combined, multiple products in the same order can be used together.

In the event that your transfer results in credit for you, we'll count that as in-store credit that can be used in any future order you would like to place.

I'm not sure I'm interested. Should I be?

This is a question of mining strategy and is a personal decision. As a hardware manufacturer, BFL only guarantees the performance of our products, not the market conditions of their use. This makes it hard to give advice on mining strategy.

Having said that, the increased GH performance per dollar and reduced power consumption make the Monarch a perfectly optimized tool for enduring a highly competitive mining market where power consumption becomes the decisive factor in profitability. 28nm is the current state of the art in technology. Its two nodes more advanced than 65nm, so the performance increase from our prior generation is dramatic.

However, now that we're at 28nm with a 2nd generation optimized design, there are no foreseeable future technologies that can threaten the performance with a similar leap in performance as 1st-gen to 2nd-gen ASIC. This gives your investment a long window on mining viability.

The counter argument is that the Monarch is still in development and won't start shipping until December. The 65nm products shipping now have a good ROI as of this writing. Market conditions are changing of course, but an increasing BTC price extends the life of all mining hardware. There is great value in taking delivery of your 65nm now.

We're happy to be able to offer you the option, but the decision isn't an easy one. Should you decide to make the jump, log into your account dashboard and click the 'transfer' button to get an early spot in the queue.

Pages:
Jump to: