Pages:
Author

Topic: BFL_Josh - "Then stop asking for updates, it's that simple." - page 2. (Read 4936 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
BFL's motto:

"There is a sucker born every minute!"
Activity: 462
Firing it up
Stop asking? The magpie is the question. People will stop asking if there is an accurate eta
Activity: 280
Josh: "Then stop asking for updates, it's that simple. If you want updates and estimates, then they will tend to be modified as time goes on. If you want 100% accurate information, then wait. There's no other option."

Josh: "So I'm curious how you know how many orders we ship per day?"

User: "How about you just tell us?"

Josh: "Because it causes more problems than it solves, so that's not going to happen either."

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/3703-josh-its-time-update-bfl-asic-status-4.html#post45944

This is getting pretty absurd.
The huge "defense" of BFL that I constantly keep seeing from their fan boy army is that "no one has a right to other customer's information and what BFL is shipping." What does that have to do with numbers of how many get shipped on X day?

as a "fan boy army" member- but I prefer customer awaiting delivery. there is nothing wrong in asking for daily updates of items shipped. but there is something wrong with asking to whom and where!. also I prefer everyone to be working full time on manufacture and delivery- not on collecting shipping data!. as an aside if like me you have ordered and paid for an item there is a tendency to regard that item your own! this is clearly wrong. all equipment belongs to bfl (even in transit ) until you take delivery so all this - they are doing this and that with my unit is rubbish. reg.

I agree that you can't ask for where the orders are going and for whom. I don't see that being asked anywhere is the thing. People just want their position and a final eta.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
October = November = December.... = June = July = August = September....

Seriously no one saw this coming? Almost 1 year ago I posted asking about how BFL could estimate their mini rigs to do 1.0 TH/s without a working prototype and yet people still threw money at them in pre-orders even before a prototype existed.

reg
Activity: 463
Josh: "Then stop asking for updates, it's that simple. If you want updates and estimates, then they will tend to be modified as time goes on. If you want 100% accurate information, then wait. There's no other option."

Josh: "Because it causes more problems than it solves, so that's not going to happen either."

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/3703-josh-its-time-update-bfl-asic-status-4.html#post45944

The huge "defense" of BFL that I constantly keep seeing from their fan boy army is that "no one has a right to other customer's information and what BFL is shipping." What does that have to do with numbers of how many get shipped on X day?

as a "fan boy army" member- but I prefer customer awaiting delivery. there is nothing wrong in asking for daily updates of items shipped. but there is something wrong with asking to whom and where!. also I prefer everyone to be working full time on manufacture and delivery- not on collecting shipping data!. as an aside if like me you have ordered and paid for an item there is a tendency to regard that item your own! this is clearly wrong. all equipment belongs to bfl (even in transit ) until you take delivery so all this - they are doing this and that with my unit is rubbish. reg.
Activity: 280

Pages:
Jump to: