Pages:
Author

Topic: Big Banks / Wallstreet basically proclaiming War Against Bitcoin - page 2. (Read 1537 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 101
Fiatcoins will have the same problems than current fiat. I wouldnt worry too much about that. Also, permissioned network can't compete with permissionless network.
I'm not really sure what planet you live on, or where you have been - but have you actually met the average citizens of Planet Earth?  The masses of mindless sheep that LIKE people taking care of them and telling them what to do; that LIKE other people handling annoying things like security and private keys? 

I'd love to watch you in a public newsmedia debate faceoff on prime time with a slick politico-banker type.  You'd argue with such passion and know how about how "permissioned network can't compete with permissionless network."...... and across the world people would be staring glassy eyed at you on the screen.  Then the other guy would say, "But we've got free checking and a Debit Card with zero fees on alcohol purchases!"..... and the people would relate, and they would Cheer, and they wouldn't even know what the heck language you were speaking or what you had said, so they would at first ignore you, then eventually mock you for making them feel stupid.

And bitcoin would die, and fiat coin would soar, and the sheep would go to a football game and pop a beer bought with fiat coin, powered by a FiatCoin Debit Card.

Get the picture?
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
--------------->¿?
Fiatcoins will have the same problems than current fiat. I wouldnt worry too much about that. Also, permissioned network can't compete with permissionless network.
Activity: 146
Merit: 100
If a government backed, centralised, privacy-invasive crypto is launched tomorrow, most people will lap it up and not care about giving up their civil liberties.  Cry

Most people are stupid, lazy and conventional.

I just hope Bitcoin can survive, and thrive, even as it becomes an "alternative"
Activity: 850
Merit: 1000
I agree with a lot of that. I'm sure all of us want this to be resolved quickly, but a change of this scale must be thought through thoroughly, and that does take time.

I'm completely against XT's (BIP101) recording/blocking of IPs. That goes against freedom. If that part of the code is dropped, then fine. But this point may be mute since, at this time, the vast majority favors either Core or BIP100.
Activity: 140
Merit: 101
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/31/business/dealbook/bitcoin-technology-piques-interest-on-wall-st.html

Good story about what I have been long stating - that the Fiat Guys are setting the stage to make a move - possibly hijaak Bitcoin tech and leave Bitcoin behind.  I also think that this is why Gavin / Mike keep talking about the "Urgency" and rush to get bigger blocks / XT.  And while I dislike the sneaky "sidecode" they introduced, I do think they got pressure to do 2 things.... A) Increase Transactions   B) Better Tracking and Control .... that the Fiat Powers really are pushing for so that they can implement a global handoff to this new technology.  And they are on a tight schedule.

It's all part of the Master Plan.   And it IS going to happen.  Right now the only question is whether it happens using the Bitcoin Blockchain, or a proprietary Fiat Created Blockchain.

I think that right now Bitcoin is weak.  BUT - in it's favor is the fact that just like Core vs XT-vs-Exchanges-vs-Users-vs-Miners can't agree seemingly on anything, and selfish egos are running wild - imagine what it will take to get all the finacial institutions of the world to pick One Coin to be THE Fiat Coin - when they are all working on their own.  PLUS Bitcoin has an established User Base, quality App and Sidechain Development Infrastructure that will be more difficult to recreate / start from scratch.   It's EASIER and FASTER for them to just build on top of the existing Bitcoin Infrastructure ad Hijaak it.

But don't be fooled - too much more nonsense from the Bitcoin Community (currently a bunch of divided yapping dogs at present - rapidly losing credibility and mos bickering selfishly over their own interests), and some entity like JP Morgan just might take advantage of some manufactured situation to roll out a mass signup of a Fiat Coin.  Manufacture a Global Financial Crisis, let someone rise up in the midst of the chaos and point to salvation of everyone's money, and have that group be supported by the big banks etc, and the entire global community would run like sheep.

That COULD be Bitcoin.  But clock's ticking, and plans are being laid for alternative Fiat Coin.

Not saying Bitcoin will die - but any dreams of it being THE big deal will be gone forever.  Bitcoin will fade into obscurity as a famous altcoin that almost was.

The Bitcoin Community isn't going to win this war in the next month, but they could win a battle.  But they could LOSE the war also. 

I am suggesting you move things along a little quicker, bringing your greatest thought and ingenuity and flexibility to solve the current impass - or ALL SIDES in the Bitcoin Community may lose.

Peace,
- d
Pages:
Jump to: