Pages:
Author

Topic: Big FUD attack by Warren Buffet, Bill Gates and Charlie Munger - page 3. (Read 397 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
I do not think it's an organized attack. A number of famous people denounce crypto pretty often. Time will show who was right.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Lol. What else is new? This happens every damn time in this industry. Specially on the most important moments. I believe that this will not shake off people who already know better and have experienced a lot already in this industry. I am even more eager to buy when people want to sell and sell when mostly want to buy. knowledge is power in this industry, research is important.
Activity: 714
Merit: 257
Let them be. They have a conflict of interest with bitcoin, that is why they are fuding, also they dont understand it at all, as they dont understand anything with technology in it.
Activity: 1806
Merit: 672
I do not only respect Warren Buffet as an investor but also follow his principles in investing. However, it doesn't mean that he is correct in every case. In the recent Annual General Meeting, the partner of Warren Buffett publicly said that Warren Buffet is crazy or he is still learning (in context of acquiring 5% share capital in Apple). The same thing about other individuals, they are great but that doesn't mean that they are right in every case.
I don't even know why a lot of people here think that Warren Buffet is a FUdster when we all know that Buffet's classic textbook style investing does not fit well on cryptocurrency trading. Buffet's comments towards Bitcoin are always kept neutral. Only some of the members here thinks that his opinions are leaning towards to a negative one.
Activity: 868
Merit: 266
I think that all the big guys like Bill Gates, Donald Trump and other rich people already have their bitcoin safe somewhere around =)
I really doubt if that’s the case because if they really had some money into bitcoins, they wouldn’t be bashing it so much. There is no way that any person however rich would want their investment to fail.
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!
Warren Buffet is 87 years old and he was born in those times when nobody was thinking about computers and worldwide web as a reality.
So why would we rely on the judgment of this cracked individual who has made his private wealth by organizing panic and skillfully manipulating the people's emotions?
Gates' motives are a bit different - it seems to me that he totally hates the very idea of decentralization since his Microsoft used to be a monopoly for a rather long time.
Activity: 291
Merit: 10
I think that all the big guys like Bill Gates, Donald Trump and other rich people already have their bitcoin safe somewhere around =)
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
I do not only respect Warren Buffet as an investor but also follow his principles in investing. However, it doesn't mean that he is correct in every case. In the recent Annual General Meeting, the partner of Warren Buffett publicly said that Warren Buffet is crazy or he is still learning (in context of acquiring 5% share capital in Apple). The same thing about other individuals, they are great but that doesn't mean that they are right in every case.

Everyone including Galileo, Wright brothers, Alexander Bell, Tim Burners-Lee were mocked in the initial phase of development and the same thing is happening with cryptocurrencies and blockchain. I'm not saying that blockchain and cryptocurrency is will surely bring the transformation but at least there is hope and we should not discourage these efforts. The same thing is happening with the artificial intelligence industry, there is a hope that things will be better down the road with the help of these innovations.
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1225
Once a man, twice a child!
Bill and his old pal, Buffet think they are FUDing. But in the real sense we Bitcoin veterans know they are FOMOing. Only noobs get shaken and show their weak hands at news like this. It isn't as if the news didn't shake Bitcoin a bit. It did. But that is just all there is to it. It won't make it dip like we saw a few weeks ago. Cryptocurrency is bigger than any individual. The Chinese did their worse, yet Bitcoin survived it. Sure, China is a bigger institution than these old men.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 637
Looks like Bitcoin is working: The people whose empires depend on Bitcoin not going up, are scared and have to show up national television to trash it.

I agree that when the world's powerful are talking down about Bitcoin it's a good thing for us.

But you're misappropriating Warren Buffet's, Charlie Munger's, and Bill Gates' relationship to bitcoin. Bitcoin's success could help these guys. There is certainly no business venture of these three that can be threatened by Bitcoin. Buffet and Munger aren't bank owners, they're investment heroes. They serve as the ultimate endorsement of any investment - when they start talking positively about Bitcoin, we'll have entered the final stage of adoption. And Gates', obviously, benefits from technological advancement.

Buffet and Munger are talking poorly about Bitcoin because they want to keep "regular investors" away from the lure of a very risky investment. They don't want people to lose all their money because they're too uneducated to realize what they're doing. That's all. Bitcoin is very risky...it's also the king of the next technological revolution.

Remember: Bitcoin IS working. 21 million coins, unhackable, uncensorable, unconfiscable. What anyone says on any TV or website is irrelevant, only these fundamentals matter.

Yeah man, Bitcoin IS working. The financial news sites were joking about bitcoin a year ago, now they provide daily or weekly updates on it's price moves. That's an incredible shift in respect.
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 6089
bitcoindata.science

This was a good response
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBVDqAHQ4-M

Looks like Bitcoin is working: The people whose empires depend on Bitcoin not going up, are scared and have to show up national television to trash it.

This is a good indicator to start looking for an entry point if you haven't already. Noobs will get shaken out of the market with fake news like these, and smart money will jump in when the opportunity is right (that's once all the noobs have sold and there's only hodlers).

Remember: Bitcoin IS working. 21 million coins, unhackable, uncensorable, unconfiscable. What anyone says on any TV or website is irrelevant, only these fundamentals matter.
Pages:
Jump to: