Pages:
Author

Topic: Biggest Hurdle To Currency Adoption - page 2. (Read 1988 times)

legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
January 17, 2015, 05:01:01 PM
Seeing that most of the coins are held by only 1% of the wallets, most people wouldn't get involved in such a currency. The control of that 1% is so great that they can manipulate things into whatever they want to. People nowadays are liberal, and seeing that they can be controlled by only a fraction of the whole, they might as well back off from that.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
January 17, 2015, 12:21:24 PM
I was just reading somewhere that over 70% of BTC in circulation are owned by just about 1.29% of the BTC wallets. This accounts for over 41% of BTC that will ever be created. In contrast the top 1% fiat wallets in the US had about 30% of the nation's currency backed assets.

If this is true (I request our meticulous economists to vet it http://www.dioxidized.com/2014/10/10/bitcoins-wealth-concentration-creates-significant-hurdles-for-those-who-might-consider-adopting-it/ ), how can we expect BTC to become anywhere close to mainstream currency ? I guess BTC distribution among wallets will need to become far more even before any level of mass adoption can begin.

Pages:
Jump to: