Pages:
Author

Topic: Biggest question - page 2. (Read 608 times)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
December 07, 2018, 03:36:36 PM
The chatbox would be just a sandbox for trolls, scam coin advertisers and similar ones. The normal users would not benefit from it, moderating a chatbox is much harder and requires much more resources to be effective.
My opinion is that we can live without it...

And because bitcointalk is the biggest Crypto related Forum with many user each day... I would say that the chat box will also be overloaded.
Activity: 1442
Merit: 629
Vires in Numeris
December 07, 2018, 03:34:16 PM
The chatbox would be just a sandbox for trolls, scam coin advertisers and similar ones. The normal users would not benefit from it, moderating a chatbox is much harder and requires much more resources to be effective.
My opinion is that we can live without it...
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
December 07, 2018, 02:00:38 PM
I also like a bit the idea of a chatbox, but this forum is not about such a simple topic or niche for it to be done, we would have thousands of people talking in that chatbox doing any kind of things that needed more moderation, and I think the team already has enough work for now.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
December 07, 2018, 01:58:00 PM
This should be in Meta.

The idea of this forum is to post things related to bitcoin and/or developments made in the said crypto. Though this was somewhat becoming a hub for social interactions nowadays, I feel that it will lose its identity of being an old-looking forum if we had added that said feature here. It's fine as it is, and people can share ideas and whatnot on the boards (albeit the excessive spam, but whatever) so why add something that is not-so-important and does the same job as to what's currently existing now?
Activity: 2786
Merit: 902
yesssir! 🫡
December 07, 2018, 01:51:41 PM
Chatbox for what? If someone has any question or sth to say, they can just post here. I don't see any significant reason on why is it needed. Its just another clutter and work for the mods. The positive effect should always outweigh the amount of work invested, imo

If you want a cryptocurrency related group chat, there's a lot in discord and telegram.

Activity: 74
Merit: 9
December 07, 2018, 01:44:05 PM
Most forums have chatbox but bitcointalk doesn't.... What do you guys think, does this forum need a chatbox or not? In my opinion it would make things much cooler  Cool
Pages:
Jump to: