Pages:
Author

Topic: Bill Gates: "I will short Bitcoin if I could” - page 2. (Read 202 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 0
He can't do this. Many investors are investing in this market and they earn lots of profit from this. Why Bill Gates said this i can't understand.
Activity: 560
Merit: 111
FOR EXAMPLE YOU - BILL GATES:
https://pastebin.com/ZUxTmR99
Activity: 35
Merit: 3
Interesting when you see such huge names in the tech / investment industry say things like this. One of the Winklevoss twins called him out on Twitter, wonder how that went.
Activity: 518
Merit: 105
Guys, there will always be people who say that bitcoin is a bubble and it will soon burst. It was when it cost 1000 dollars, it was when it costs 10,000 dollars and when it costs 19,000 dollars. But look at South Korea and Japan, I think people living there do not say it, but use Crypto every day)
Activity: 1190
Merit: 306
-" kind of a pure 'greater fool theory' type of investment"
" I agree I would short it if there was an easy way to do it," Gates replied.
I must say, I agree with him to an extent about his 'greater fool theory' statement.  It's true of bitcoin like no other investment because of its non-physical nature and lack of intrinsic value.  Even gold can be made into jewelry and nice coins.  The only thing I'd argue is that it's money, and we don't generally think of money as a 'greater fool' investment.

Does Mr. Gates not know about Poloniex?  I think he could easily short bitcoin there if he really wanted to.  Hell, with all of his money I'm very certain he could find a way to do it even without that particular exchange.  Now isn't the time to do it, though, in my opinion.  $20k would have been the proper price point, and settling the short at around $7000 would have been appropriate.  I am pretty sure we're on the way back up in a long term uptrend.  Now isn't the right time to be shorting.
Activity: 560
Merit: 111
So now Bill Gates want to buy
Activity: 64
Merit: 1
👍👍
~~~~
Recently, co-founder of Microsoft has stated on CNBC's "Squawk Box" :
-Gates also added that someone once gave him some bitcoin for his birthday, but he sold it a few years afterward
- " As an asset class, you're not producing anything and so you shouldn't expect it to go up. It's kind of a pure 'greater fool theory' type of investment, "Gates said on CNBC's" Squawk Box. "

His statements made on CNBC turn out to be the truth according to financial research firm Autonomous Next. The firm said that Bitcoin price has an impressive rise from $2000 to $19,000 in mid –December but then lost more than half of its value and it was trading near $9,300 recently. Therefore, trading Bitcoin or any others cryptocurrency in long-term doesn’t seem to be a good ideal.
Like many critics of the increase in Crypto value, Gates did say the underlying blockchain technology had its merits.
It seems that Bill Gates is supporting the development of the blockchain but not so much for Bitcoin and digital currency. He even wants to shoot them if it’s possible.
What do you think?
RTC
KingMobile

And bill gates say's...
Bitcoin is mostly about anonymous transactions,I don't think overtime that's a good way to go
Im a huge believe in digital currency...but doing it on an anonymous basis I think that leads
To some abuses,so I'm not involved in bitcoin. Angry Angry
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

Well then let him put his money where his mouth is and short it. I have no clue why he says it's hard there is an entire fucking futures market, is he that stupid?
Activity: 283
Merit: 6
Only another person underestimating bitcoin...

That's all I can see here.
Activity: 201
Merit: 10
👍👍
~~~~
Recently, co-founder of Microsoft has stated on CNBC's "Squawk Box" :
-Gates also added that someone once gave him some bitcoin for his birthday, but he sold it a few years afterward
- " As an asset class, you're not producing anything and so you shouldn't expect it to go up. It's kind of a pure 'greater fool theory' type of investment, "Gates said on CNBC's" Squawk Box. "

His statements made on CNBC turn out to be the truth according to financial research firm Autonomous Next. The firm said that Bitcoin price has an impressive rise from $2000 to $19,000 in mid –December but then lost more than half of its value and it was trading near $9,300 recently. Therefore, trading Bitcoin or any others cryptocurrency in long-term doesn’t seem to be a good ideal.
Like many critics of the increase in Crypto value, Gates did say the underlying blockchain technology had its merits.
It seems that Bill Gates is supporting the development of the blockchain but not so much for Bitcoin and digital currency. He even wants to shoot them if it’s possible.
What do you think?
RTC
KingMobile
Pages:
Jump to: