Pages:
Author

Topic: Bill Gates says crypto-currencies cause deaths - page 7. (Read 845 times)

Activity: 64
Merit: 0
Well, thinking this way Dollar is killing much more people.

How many terrorists buy weapons with dollar?
How many drug dealers sell drugs for dollar? I bet they have first traded drugs for dollar, and later decided to trade dollar for bitcoin.

Cash is way more anonymous than bitcoin. Lets stop using cash because it is "killing people"?

Sometimes i think these articles are just fake news, or bill gates has another intentions.

Agree.
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 6089
bitcoindata.science
Well, thinking this way Dollar is killing much more people.

How many terrorists buy weapons with dollar?
How many drug dealers sell drugs for dollar? I bet they have first traded drugs for dollar, and later decided to trade dollar for bitcoin.

Cash is way more anonymous than bitcoin. Lets stop using cash because it is "killing people"?

Sometimes i think these articles are just fake news, or bill gates has another intentions.
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
But 2 year ago also he said bitcoin is unstopable :/
Activity: 420
Merit: 13
Silence
I just saw this news, For me its always the choice of an individual in how people will use the technology, many of the technologies can make an easy way to do bad things in life but it is the choice of the people, if they use it in a bad way, they will suffer for their selves.

Crypto-currencies are killing people in a "fairly direct way", Microsoft founder Bill Gates has said.

He was referring to the way digital currencies like Bitcoin are used to buy drugs like synthetic opioid fentanyl.

In an "ask me anything" session on news website Reddit, he said that the anonymity of digital currencies meant they were linked to terrorist funding and money laundering.

Some criticised him, saying he was ill-informed about the technology.

Asked by one user for his opinion on the technology, Mr Gates replied: "The main feature of crypto-currencies is their anonymity. I don't think this is a good thing. The government's ability to find money laundering and tax evasion and terrorist funding is a good thing.

"Right now, crypto-currencies are used for buying fentanyl and other drugs so it is a rare technology that has caused deaths in a fairly direct way. I think the speculative wave around ICOs [initial coin offerings] and crypto-currencies is super risky for those who go long."

heres the link: http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-43239781

Pages:
Jump to: