Pages:
Author

Topic: Binance Announces Fiat-to-Crypto Trading Pairs in a Move That Could Shift Relian - page 2. (Read 202 times)

legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 3911
I think the source of this news is World's Biggest Cryptocurrency Exchange Is Heading to Malta In 2018-03-23.
In general, you can buy altcoin directly without having to go back to bitcoin as Buy Litecoin from Coinbase.
But the rapid rise in the price of Bitcoin and the possibility of easy conversion to altcoin makes it the best option.
Based on the above. I say that the real purpose of this news is more propaganda than a real transformation
Activity: 378
Merit: 25
this will be a boost for altcoins resulting in a slight decrease on bitcoin price in the total market, depending on ICO and buyers who will invest on alts, trading pairs can affect the market shares not for bitcoin. the question is, which alt will last or sufficient for the demands  and will garner the same criteria to pair with bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1285
Flying Hellfish is a Commie
While this may shift reliance, it's not REALLY going to change much. The pairs with the most volume are always going to be the BTC ones, for the sole fact that ANYONE can confirm that they actually do have the coins they say they're trading and not just prining mass amounts of USD (that isn't real, yes we're looking at you TETHER)

So, this is just news for news.
Activity: 279
Merit: 16
We could see a fall in the price of bitcoin purely because there would be a reduced demand from the flow through to altcoins. In the same way we see ETH is so reliant on people using it for ICOs.
Activity: 364
Merit: 101
Indeed it will be beneficial to long time holders of the alts. We need not convert our alts to bitcoin and incur fees then again convert bitcoin to fiat and again incur fees. This will really save us more of the trouble. But for newbies, most of their entry point is bitcoin. So this does not really benefit them at all. So the price of bitcoin i think wont really make any difference.
Activity: 952
Merit: 516
Great news for the market as a whole and hopefully more exchanges do the same. Everyone is eager to split from bitcoin, no one likes a market where everything goes down or up at the same time no matter what. I don't think they will have fiat pairs for every coin but 10-15 with the highest volume.
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 6089
bitcoindata.science
https://dailyhodl.com/2018/04/19/binance-announces-fiat-to-crypto-trading-pairs-in-a-move-that-could-shift-reliance-away-from-bitcoin/

From daily hodl
Binance Announces Fiat-to-Crypto Trading Pairs in a Move That Could Shift Reliance Away from Bitcoin

Cryptocurrency exchange leader Binance says it’s working on fiat-to-crypto features that could have a major impact on the market’s reliance on Bitcoin.

Now that it’s moving to Malta, the company says it’s talking with banks on the small island nation and expects to close a deal that will allow it to accept fiat deposits and withdrawals.

If that happens it will be long waited moment for altcoiners.
I don't believe it will have any negative impact on btc price, as there is already a eth fiat pair.

What do you think?
Pages:
Jump to: