Pages:
Author

Topic: Binance CEO Claims a Quarter of a Million New Users in One Hour - page 2. (Read 227 times)

Activity: 3094
Merit: 929
All the big crypto exchange platforms are shutting down for new users.Perhaps this pushes the bitcoin price down.I`m wondering where can a brand new crypto investor register and buy cryptocurrencies for the first time in his life?The biggest and most trusted platforms are closed for new people,so the newbies will have to use smaller and not so trusted platforms,and maybe they might got scammed there. Sad
By the way,i`m pretty sure that 99% of those quarter of a million new Binance users are from China.
Activity: 2086
Merit: 994
Cats on Mars
Could be true, Binance has been adding a lot of cryptos lately so it's normal that everyone's choosing this exchange.
But if i'm not mistaken, i read an article where Bitstamp stated that they were getting around 250k new users weekly. We've all seen the massive coverage in the news cryptocurrencies have been getting over the past few months, so it's not surprising that they're getting so many users . I'm pretty sure the massive influx of new users is one of the reasons why the global market cap reached a peak of $830b.  
Overall, it seems like not only Bitcoin but cryptocurrencies have finally gone mainstream, which is nothing but good news.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Yes, It's not so easy to hold and support such big volume... especially when it`s growing so fast
Activity: 602
Merit: 252
Might as well be true with many exchanges shutting doors for new registrations as they are experiencing high load on their servers and even the trade volumes. It is safe to say that Binance comes in as one of the top 5 exchanges in volume and with the increasing popularity of cryptocurrencies, something like this was expected to happen.

A claim like this, maybe true or not, hits front pages very quickly and catches the eyes of newbies which in turn leads to more attention and registrations on the site. A gimmick like this is sure to work all the time in a news-driven crypto world.
Activity: 67
Merit: 1
Binance CEO Claims a Quarter of a Million New Users in One Hour

Binance trading volumes in the last 24 hours totalled almost 6 billion USD.

In an interview with Bloomberg television, the CEO of Binance revealed the flabbergasting extent of demand for cryptocurrency trading.
Learn how to buy Bitcoin and Ethereum safely with our simple guide!

Discover credible partners and premium clients at China’s leading finance event!

Binance is the world’s biggest cryptocurrency exchange. Founded in China, it recently relocated to Tokyo after its native government banned cryptocurrency exchanges.  On the fifth on January, a message appeared on its site informing users that it was temporarily disabling user registration “due to the overwhelming surge in popularity”.

In an interview with Bloomberg, CEO Zhao Chanpeng said that after re-opening registration, 240,000 people registered in one hour, “so we’re growing basically by a couple of million every week”.

Binance took its first breaths about 5 months ago, and it was just after Christmas that it announced having reached 3 million users. Yesterday it announced 5 million. According to Coinmarketcap, it is the most heavily used cryptocurrency exchange in the world right now, processing $5,851,344,587 in the last 24 hours alone.

More https://www.financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/news/binance-ceo-claims-quarter-million-new-users-one-hour/
Pages:
Jump to: