Pages:
Author

Topic: Binance freezes stolen Cryptopia funds - page 4. (Read 17314 times)

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
January 17, 2019, 05:11:25 AM
that is a very strange move by the hacker! there are already many ways to exchange coins with each other and there is also mixing techniques that could be used to make it harder and even impossible to trace the coins! i am wondering why someone who were able to "hack an exchange" doesn't already know this!
was it an inside job by a dumb employee who got access to the keys?!

Exactly, why would a supposed to be intelligent and smart hacker/s will simply move the tainted coins to a exchange, not just any exchange for that matter, but the top exchange we have right now. LOL. It doesn't really makes any sense. Even a casual crypto enthusiast knows how to used mixing services or tumbler to obscure the finger prints. So I guess another angle has surface, perhaps it was a inside job or something. Let's see how it pans out.
Activity: 2058
Merit: 532
FREE passive income eBook @ tinyurl.com/PIA10
January 17, 2019, 04:37:17 AM
While Binance has done this several times prior to this incident (e.g. Bitgrail), it might not deter the hackers much since they could just sell them off elsewhere.
Activity: 59
Merit: 4
January 17, 2019, 04:27:50 AM
This case is very strange ... Let's wait.
Activity: 336
Merit: 5
Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain
January 17, 2019, 03:31:29 AM
It can't be a pro hacker, they would have mixed it and used decentralised exchanges instead. This indicates that the theft was a inside job by one of the password keepers
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
January 17, 2019, 03:21:57 AM
that is a very strange move by the hacker! there are already many ways to exchange coins with each other and there is also mixing techniques that could be used to make it harder and even impossible to trace the coins! i am wondering why someone who were able to "hack an exchange" doesn't already know this!
was it an inside job by a dumb employee who got access to the keys?!
Activity: 504
Merit: 10
January 17, 2019, 03:10:17 AM
Are you sure Binance take freezes their asset, my opinion is not true because Binance is the greatest exchange market and impossible could make freezes balance, we have trust Binance is the best market and have higher secure of quality.
Activity: 742
Merit: 16
January 17, 2019, 02:44:06 AM
Haha! Right about time ,binanace did great ,if this continues hackers won't be able to steal from one exchange and sell on the other ,I think what we lack in cryptocurrency space is having each others back ,I've been hearing news of kidnappers demanding for bitcoin for ransom payments ,they don't know that its trackable ,let's keep scammers and hackers off crypto world and that would build a strong trust
Activity: 59
Merit: 4
January 17, 2019, 02:32:17 AM
Cryptopia hacker moves stolen crypto to Binance; Community alerts Changpeng Zhao (Binance CEO) and Funds Are Frozen.

"Just checked, we were able to freeze some of the funds. I don’t understand why the hackers keep sending to Binance. Social media will be pretty fast to report it, and we will freeze it. It’s a high risk maneuver for them."
— CZ Binance (@cz_binance) January 16, 2019

Pages:
Jump to: