Pages:
Author

Topic: Binance introduces KYC for all users - page 2. (Read 328 times)

Activity: 520
Merit: 11957
August 20, 2021, 11:08:04 AM
    Try to see it from their point of view.  They can either comply with regulators--who are all going to require KYC from businesses that deal with money--or they can operate outside the law and eventually go out of business altogether.  What would you have them do?

Believe me, I don't like KYC requirements any more than you do and I wouldn't use Binance even if I could (I'm in a restricted state).  But all centralized exchanges are moving toward becoming compliant with government regulations, whether we like it or not.

I understand it all. This is not the point. The point is that you should not rely on the terms that the exchange gives users to close positions and withdraw funds. They can shrink easily. Also, do not forget about the forced closure of positions by the Binance exchange. Was that already? Of course. I would boldly divide these terms into 2, or maybe more.

Also, do not forget the user agreement of the exchange:

legendary
    Activity: 3234
    Merit: 6706
    Proudly Cycling Merits for Foxpup
    August 20, 2021, 10:36:22 AM
    There is currently class action lawsuit against Binance so that could be one of the reasons they are doing this.
    Maybe, but I doubt it.  One class action lawsuit probably wouldn't cause a global company like Binance to drastically change its policies like this, even if they were getting pressure from one or more countries' regulators.  I have a feeling that this has been in the works for a while, and I'm not surprised that they've made these changes whatsoever.

The good thing is that they're allowing existing customers to make their own decision as to whether to comply with the KYC requirement and allowing them to withdraw their funds without having to go through the KYC process.  I don't remember the names of the other exchanges that didn't go about it this way, i.e., they locked up customer funds pending KYC verification, but I think there were a number of them.  So props to Binance for that at least.  

And I'm sure they're not doing this because they want to.  They're doing this because either they're being forced to, or they can see the writing on the wall as far as regulation goes and want to get ahead of things in order to stay in business.

Hope for Binance's integrity? Seriously? No thanks.
    Try to see it from their point of view.  They can either comply with regulators--who are all going to require KYC from businesses that deal with money--or they can operate outside the law and eventually go out of business altogether.  What would you have them do?

Believe me, I don't like KYC requirements any more than you do and I wouldn't use Binance even if I could (I'm in a restricted state).  But all centralized exchanges are moving toward becoming compliant with government regulations, whether we like it or not.
    legendary
    Activity: 2492
    Merit: 3597
    Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange
    August 20, 2021, 10:10:27 AM
    I wasn't expecting it to happen so quickly but it looks like it did, I'll check my account now to see the status of the new restrictions.
    I checked my account and I withdrew the rest of the money, I had about 1% of my total in the past, I withdrew it and kept less than 1k.
    Personally, I see that they will do more restricting the account to reach full identity verification.

Up to this point my old limits 0.05 BTC and all services still working fine.
    staff
    Activity: 3402
    Merit: 6065
    August 20, 2021, 07:51:25 AM
    When was this 0.06 limit? I've withdrawn more than that within a day over several accounts created this year in the last month or so. Never noticed it.. huh.

It was announced about a month ago, and it was supposed to take place between the 04th of august and the 23rd (for existing users). Some users also got the limits lowered to 0.05 BTC instead of 0.06 BTC around April or May.
    legendary
    Activity: 2758
    Merit: 6830
    August 20, 2021, 07:29:36 AM
    When was this 0.06 limit? I've withdrawn more than that within a day over several accounts created this year in the last month or so. Never noticed it.. huh.
    The emails started rolling out just 4 weeks ago. My unverified account had until yesterday (19 Aug) until its limit was decreased.

And we thought crypto was going to kill the banks.
    You still don't need to do KYC or open any centralized account to hold BTC or most crypto, all of that is unrelated. It was always an utopian idea to expect the centralized exchanges to be able to keep doing whatever they wanted without getting hunted by the regulators. The more crypto grows, the more rules will be enforced by the governments.
    legendary
    Activity: 2968
    Merit: 3406
    Crypto Swap Exchange
    August 20, 2021, 07:25:02 AM
    Well, as expected, Binance is introducing KYC for all users.
    I'm going to guess what will happen next: They'll lower the limit for the intermediate verified users [probably in a month or two], so they would be forced to go through the advance verification process!

Do not believe that without KYC you have the opportunity to withdraw funds before the date indicated in the announcement, the end of October.
    Exactly:

legendary
    Activity: 2898
    Merit: 1103
    This is what I do. I drink and I know things.
    August 20, 2021, 07:22:22 AM
    Oh what kind a circus this is, I think that 0.06 BTC daily withdrawal limit on Binance lasted only one week after they reduced it from 2 BTC.
    However, I checked my old account that I don't use anymore and I still don't have any of those new limitations, and it is still showing me old withdrawal limit, maybe it needs time to be applied to all users.

Same here. My account still has the "old" daily withdrawal limitation of 2BTC and no e-mail or notice for getting the full KYC procedure. It seems that they will integrate the changes country by country and not region by region. Seems though a bit odd to act like this...

There is currently class action lawsuit against Binance so that could be one of the reasons they are doing this.

They tried to avoid it but the margins are narrowing day by day for them and with this lawsuit against them, there is no other way but to follow and comply.

Owner itself wont really be dumb on just exchanging his business into some changes even though its really a hard one.

Sorry for those who do hate KYC but now they dont have any choice neither to deal with it or would jump into another one.

If he wanted to dump his business, he would do it by now. Since he decided to keep it, then he must comply, and that is what he does.
    Indeed for us there is no other choise(?) but to do the same if we want to trade/ deal without restrictions.
    legendary
    Activity: 3052
    Merit: 2313
    August 20, 2021, 07:13:55 AM
    Now they became more like a bank than a crypto exchange.

As far as I know it is impossible to get an anonymous bank account. You'll always have to provide your ID and maybe some other documents.

Now Binance is no different.

BinanceBank.

And we thought crypto was going to kill the banks.
    legendary
    Activity: 1946
    Merit: 1427
    August 20, 2021, 07:04:14 AM
    What about their whole P2P saga (https://p2p.binance.com/en)

Site is blocked for me but I remember that this was supposed to become a thing undistinguishable from the "normal" binance, no? And not like current P2P exchanges where you have to manually take, but rather functioning like their normal trading engine, no?

I think this marks the end of the golden age of binance, though unlike Poloniex they seem very proactive about the whole situation. I actually doubt they will lose that many customers apart from some XMR swappers. People are already very accustomed to KYC anyway. Much more than they were when Bittrex and Poloniex went nuts anyway

Oh what kind a circus this is, I think that 0.06 BTC daily withdrawal limit on Binance lasted only one week after they reduced it from 2 BTC.

Activity: 2828
    Merit: 767
    August 20, 2021, 06:24:22 AM
    BREAKING: #Binance to now require all users to complete KYC Verification amid mounting pressure from worldwide regulators.

----

I've found this ^^ already posted and may be easier to read  Wink
    Not a good news, but it's by far not a shock; we knew that this will be coming rather soon, didn't we?
    Well, ive been expecting this too and thats way too fast.  Cheesy

This is what would happen if government would really be that strict on any platforms or services out there.If they wont deal up or wont follow then its say goodbye to their business.
    Owner itself wont really be dumb on just exchanging his business into some changes even though its really a hard one.

Sorry for those who do hate KYC but now they dont have any choice neither to deal with it or would jump into another one.
    August 20, 2021, 04:55:10 AM
    Indeed, the date can change, and meanwhile technical problems (real or not) can happen.
    But Binance was fair in this kind of matters until now (unlike all the other exchanges), so let's not just freak out  Wink

Hope for Binance's integrity? Seriously? No thanks. I have already gone through such cuts in the dates of the KYC passage and therefore I will start withdrawing funds immediately, without taking into account the fact that they allegedly give me 2 months for this.
    legendary
    Activity: 3500
    Merit: 6205
    Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
    August 20, 2021, 04:50:57 AM
    I can say one thing: DO NOT BELIEVE THAT YOU HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO WITHDRAW THE FUNDS before the date indicated in the announcement

Indeed, the date can change, and meanwhile technical problems (real or not) can happen.
    But Binance was fair in this kind of matters until now (unlike all the other exchanges), so let's not just freak out  Wink

Doing all the needed tasks earlier is advised and healthy, but rushing them is also unadvised (real technical problems can also be triggered if big number of users freak out).
    legendary
    Activity: 2212
    Merit: 7064
    Cashback 15%
    August 20, 2021, 04:49:33 AM
    However, I checked my old account that I don't use anymore and I still don't have any of those new limitations, and it is still showing me old withdrawal limit, maybe it needs time to be applied to all users.
    August 20, 2021, 04:45:41 AM
    Not a good news, but it's by far not a shock; we knew that this will be coming rather soon, didn't we?

Everything went to this, first the limitation of the withdrawal limit, then the full KYC. From the experience of Bitmex, I can say one thing: Do not believe that without KYC you have the opportunity to withdraw funds before the date indicated in the announcement, the end of October. Bitmex at one time also gave six months, and then sharply reduced the term by 3 months, without announcements. Who wants to withdraw funds, send it right now and do not think that you have a couple of months left in order not to go through KYC.
    Activity: 1316
    Merit: 200
    legendary
    Activity: 3500
    Merit: 6205
    Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
    August 20, 2021, 04:27:52 AM
    BREAKING: #Binance to now require all users to complete KYC Verification amid mounting pressure from worldwide regulators.

I've found this ^^ already posted and may be easier to read  Wink
    August 20, 2021, 04:22:11 AM
    Well, as expected, Binance is introducing KYC for all users.

Announcement here: https://www.binance.com/en/support/announcement/51bf294e26324211a4731ca998e110ca

For all new users, an intermediate check is required, and for old users there is still the opportunity to cancel transactions and withdraw funds before 2021-10-19 00:00 AM (UTC)

Effective immediately, all new users are required to complete Intermediate Verification to access Binance products and service offerings, including cryptocurrency deposits, trades and withdrawals.

Existing users who have yet to complete Intermediate Verification will have their account permissions temporarily changed to “Withdraw Only”, with services limited to withdrawal, order cancellation, position close, and redemption. This will be carried out in phases to minimise user-experience disruption, from now through 2021-10-19 00:00 AM (UTC). Existing users will be informed directly with more details. Once users complete the Intermediate Verification, they will be able to resume full access to Binance products and services.
    Binance strongly advises users to complete their Intermediate Verification promptly to avoid delays in the verification process and restrictions on their access.

Pages:
    Jump to: