Pages:
Author

Topic: Binance Provide 10 Million Dollars Rewards To Capture Hackers - page 2. (Read 233 times)

Activity: 1456
Merit: 579
HODLing is an art, not just a word...
this is starting to look strangely familiar and extremely suspicious to be honest!

usually when an exchange gets hacked, based on history, there is a good chance that they are lying and it was they robbed their users not a hacker robbing them and users. ... this is first suspicion.

when the exchanges continue to pull these publicity stunts like offering a ridiculous amount of money ($10 million) reward instead of hiring some people and paying them a LOT less to do the job, that increases the suspicion even more.
Activity: 2296
Merit: 953
Temporary forum vacation
Bittrex might as well offer a million dollars for some reward too in catching spammers and cheaters. You know they can just make Tethers out of thin air, as Binance can with their almighty BNB tokens.

I would not be surprised if they already did catch one or two people, and maybe those people would offer themselves up for the reward. Everything in centralized crypto is a shade over our eyes. These are not the good guys, friends.
Activity: 224
Merit: 0
They just do it to show initiative. Probably the hackers won't be captured or found.
Only thing we can do against hackers is to keep password, private keys, but also APIs safe to increase the security. It still won't give 100% security though.
That's why I keep most of my coins/tokens which I'm not trading on my ledger nano.
Activity: 230
Merit: 4
Given the recent hacking, Binance offered $ 250,000 to anyone who helped to find the whereabouts of the hackers, who had tried to sabotage them. The prize will be paid at BNB or Binance Coin.

Why the title is "10 Million Dollars Rewards" but the bounty is only $250k? How could that be? Would that be available to 40 Hackers to be caught?
Activity: 168
suggest I'd better binance to report to the FBI about the incident because it is a big crime and ordinary people may find it very difficult to find the perpetrator.
Activity: 182
Honestly, I don't think this gonna help to catch the hackers. Out of 100% hacks, only a few percentage got cought, and usually those are less experienced. Therefore, unless someone gives them up, no chance for Binance to catch those who tried to hack it. Good luck though! Hopefully, those bold ones will be caught and penalized as deserved.

we will not know before anyone tries. every behavior or act of course there are traces. because there is no that system
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
Binance can even form a group of white hackers with the money it make in one day. They must start such foundations to protect and inform investors and fight against illegal activity.
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245
I'm starting to see why they call crypto the wild west ... so about that 10 Million Dollars reward to capture Billy the Kid the hackers, is that for death or alive ?  Roll Eyes
Activity: 2282
Merit: 505
Given the recent hacking, Binance offered $ 250,000 to anyone who helped to find the whereabouts of the hackers, who had tried to sabotage them. The prize will be paid at BNB or Binance Coin.
And straight all still rushed to the search, it's not even looking for a needle in the hay. The idea is correct, and what else they could do, just the result of its obvious and about the stolen money can be forgotten.
Since crypto, if fully encrypted with the algorithm and it will be sodifficult to be traced. Coinchecked was paid the user's amount with their reserve funds. And that was also happening with Mtgox to pay the creditors with company's profit from run the service for several years.

The result is obvious. You're right they just need to forget. Or this is becoming the last bet.
Activity: 364
And straight all still rushed to the search, it's not even looking for a needle in the hay. The idea is correct, and what else they could do, just the result of its obvious and about the stolen money can be forgotten.
Activity: 98
Honestly, I don't think this gonna help to catch the hackers. Out of 100% hacks, only a few percentage got cought, and usually those are less experienced. Therefore, unless someone gives them up, no chance for Binance to catch those who tried to hack it. Good luck though! Hopefully, those bold ones will be caught and penalized as deserved.
Activity: 378
Pages:
Jump to: