Pages:
Author

Topic: Binance to Open Beijing Office Amid China’s Renewed Blockchain Push - page 3. (Read 474 times)

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

Malta-based cryptocurrency exchange Binance is opening an office in Beijing, two sources with knowledge of the matter told CoinDesk. The new outpost will join Binance’s current mainland China office in Shanghai.

It’s not clear what exactly the office will do or when it will open, but the move follows a slew of announcements from Chinese authorities, including President Xi Jinping outlining China’s new blockchain ambitions.

If the office is being opened in Beijing - the seat of the Chinese government - then the purpose of the office is LOBBYING. They want someone on the spot to open back channels to officials with power.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 531
Not sure if I'd call it Binance to push adoption, I'd say their motives are a lot less noble that and are way more business oriented.

There's been no exchange that has been able to dominate the global market, and Binance wants the clients and revune from the biggest market in the world.

I'm guessing we are going to see China come out with a lot of pushback, they aren't going to let this slide. We've all seen them strongarm Alipay into drop support for them. We might be looking at full out war here which would be interesting.
Activity: 756
Merit: 251
Binance is coming home. Since china is becoming friendly to blockchain, a lot of people and companies think that china is also becoming friendly to cryptocurrency and Bitcoin. But I have reservations with this actions of china. No one can predict what is running in the minds of this country's leaders. They could just declare Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies other than their own digital currency as illegal. Binance and other crypto companies should be cautious with their decisions.
Activity: 2576
Merit: 666
I don't take loans, ask for sig if I ever do.
Well, I hope they could breakthrough. China pushing for blockchain doesn't really indicate them being supportive for BTC adoption inside their country though.
Although it could also bw considered as somewhat normal? Since they are trying to push for different countries, what more China, as one of the largest countries in the world.
Well, let's just see what happens with this. China has been in the forefront of the news in recent times so I want to see what would happen in the next few months with China's development.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521
The new outpost will join Binance’s current mainland China office in Shanghai.

It’s not clear what exactly the office will do or when it will open

Doesn't sound like major news to me. The author is trying to paint this as part of a pro-blockchain renaissance of sorts following the president's recent comments, but I don't buy it.

It's just part of Binance's recent push into the Chinese market. They launched peer-to-peer trading earlier this month, with plans to expand into the OTC market: https://cointelegraph.com/news/binance-launches-p2p-trading-for-chinese-yuan
Activity: 1540
Merit: 420
www.Artemis.co
Malta-based cryptocurrency exchange Binance is opening an office in Beijing, two sources with knowledge of the matter told CoinDesk. The new outpost will join Binance’s current mainland China office in Shanghai.

It’s not clear what exactly the office will do or when it will open, but the move follows a slew of announcements from Chinese authorities, including President Xi Jinping outlining China’s new blockchain ambitions.

Relations between Binance leadership and Chinese authorities appear to have warmed recently, with the exchange publishing a report on China’s plans for a digital fiat currency over the summer and Binance CEO Changpeng Zhao stating this week on Twitter that he believes the Chinese central bank is having a positive impact on the crypto industry. This comes just one year after China’s censorship firewall blocked access to the Binance website.

These days, Binance executives have publicly stated the exchange is working with multiple governments on an upcoming stablecoin project called Venus. Binance co-founder and chief marketing officer Yi He told Bloomberg that Binance will help governments “fully supervise” the cryptocurrency industry through such projects to ensure “stable, sustainable development.”

Although Zhao grew up in Canada, he was born in China and worked at the China-based exchange OkCoin before founding his own empire. Binance made its first investment in a Chinese crypto company, Mars Finance, last September. Many of the exchange’s earlier investors hail from the Chinese tech industry, including Black Hole Capital and Funcity Capital.

Zhao added via Twitter on Tuesday that Binance currently sees a “few million dollars a day” worth of volume from Chinese users, especially via the peer-to-peer functionality that became available in China earlier this month. However, an increased focus on serving Chinese users doesn’t inherently mean the company is working with authorities on products or services beyond the Venus stablecoin project and compliance efforts.

“I don’t have anything that’s not public,” Zhao said in the Twitter video, referring to Chinese government strategies, adding:

“All of my readings are from public sources.”
source

Honestly I am really impressed with Binance commitment in bringing their flagship in different continents however we understand that governments have their different approach about cryptocurrency. Do you think Binance can influence governments decision to ease regulations and political pressure?
Pages:
Jump to: