Pages:
Author

Topic: Binance - where is it located? - page 2. (Read 228 times)

Activity: 1316
Merit: 593
February 28, 2023, 09:20:03 PM
How does a company like Binance pay taxes (if at all?) and under which law are they to respond to any disbutes?
According to them they have no head office.  They still keep it decentralized. They have established their boards in several countries. No one can directly say where their headquarters is as they have employees from different countries and they don't have a specific head office. So it's hard to say which country they pay tax to but for Binance.us they definitely pay tax to us government.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1860
🙏🏼Padayon...🙏
February 28, 2023, 09:07:02 PM
I suppose not much has changed after all these years. I remember years ago CZ was interviewed and he also said something like they're everywhere. In other words, they don't have a base or a headquarter. I suppose much of their employees are scattered across the world working on a remote basis. But I guess they have registered offices in different countries. Official and legal communications could use their addresses. Not to mention that other Binance entities have their own headquarters.
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 6108
Blackjack.fun
February 28, 2023, 09:01:08 PM
There are some addresses pointing towards Malta or Cayman Islands, however no clear public info about their official headquaters to be found.

Binance Holdings Limited is registered in the Cayman Islands, but they are not licensed by the CIMA to operate a cryptocurrency exchange there, so they use that Cayman-based shell company to run other Ltds in different countries. There is no office and no license in Malta either.

Checking wikipedia, some pages say they are not registered/unknow, some say "Society of Delaware".  Huh

That's Binance.us, incorporated in Delaware, again a virtual office.

How does a company like Binance pay taxes (if at all?) and under which law are they to respond to any disbutes?

They don't and they don't again! Don't worry, funds are #SAFU, /s!
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 3817
Paldo.io 🤖
February 28, 2023, 08:55:34 PM

Well, they definitely are pushing the boundaries of being in the legally gray area, so legal disputes would probably be a nightmare unless you're using something like Binance US, etc. which should have offices in their respective states.
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
February 28, 2023, 07:59:33 PM
If you want a dispute to be heard, I'd imagine you'd go after them in the strictest place they are regulated. I thought their head office was in Singapore and that they were a Singaporean country but I could be wrong on that one.

They have a lot of addresses (they probably share them with other companies too and just accept correspondence there).

Their ceo can say what they want about not trying to hide the company's head office, it's still pretty well hidden if no one knows where it is. There's a chance the company itself is decentralised but then I don't know how you'd trust your board so much in that situation.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1401
Disobey.
February 28, 2023, 07:51:11 PM
I never thought about it much, but today I was wondering where Binance was located. Googling didn't bring up the results I was expecting.

https://www.cryptoglobe.com/latest/2022/05/where-is-binance-located/
“Wherever I sit, is going to be the Binance office. Wherever I need somebody, is going to be the Binance office.”
Shin pressed the issue further, leading Zhao to say that he was not trying to “obfuscate” or “hide,” the company’s location, and that Binance was “in the open.”

There are some addresses pointing towards Malta or Cayman Islands, however no clear public info about their official headquaters to be found.
Checking wikipedia, some pages say they are not registered/unknow, some say "Society of Delaware".  Huh

Pages:
Jump to: