Pages:
Author

Topic: Bios mod difficulties/low hashrates (RX580 4gb) - page 2. (Read 879 times)

Activity: 88
Merit: 10
Hey all,

I'm having a frustrating time improving the hashrate on my MSI RX580 Armor 4Gb's with Elpida memory.

Stock, mining ETH only, I'm getting around 21mhs. In Wattman, the best I could do was with 1175 on the GPU, 2050 on the memory, and voltages pretty much at 950 across the board. That got me to around 24mhs, with really nice wattage per card.

Full of optimism, I turned to the bios mods. I tried copying the 1500 timings, PBE's 1-click timings, QBit's bios, and Anorak's bios. My procedure was the same. Flash the bios, run pixel patcher, restart the rig, run claymore. None of them made any difference to the hashrate. I know that usually it's mod the bios first, then oc, but I wanted to try out the oc just to get a sense of what kind of improvements are up for grabs on the voltage side.

So I'm now sitting around the 24Mhs mark, quite frustrated because there seems to be a lot of people with significantly higher hashrates.

I now have a few questions:

1. Is my procedure to modding this wrong?
2. Is there a reliable place for good timing straps/bios' etc?
3. Are modded bios's/timing straps somewhat interchangable? e.g., if there's a Sapphire Nitro 4Gb with Elpida memory, and a nice bios mod or timing straps, could it be used on my MSI card?
4. What's my best plan of action? (I'm stuck!)

Other little bits of info, using claymore, I have the amd blockchain drivers.

TIA
Pages:
Jump to: