Pages:
Author

Topic: Bit Coin is a Ponzi Scheme - page 12. (Read 4734 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 10
December 01, 2017, 02:44:38 AM
how dose bitcoin seem to you to be ponzi and what make you feel that USD is a super currency it sound foolish,and if i may ask what are doing in this forum  if you find no interest  in what we are doing here cause this forum is a bitcoin.Your super hero is suffering because if bitcoin,bitcoin will really push it off.
Activity: 196
Merit: 102
December 01, 2017, 02:39:15 AM
Bit coin is a Ponzi scheme. Don't listen to the bit coin shills on here. The newcomers buying into bit coin and driving up the price are just making the early adopters richer.

That's how stupid people are. A sucker is born every minute. But YOU don't have to be one like all the other bit coiners.

The USD is a valid currency because people are required by law to recognize it's value. It has value because the most powerful superpower on the face of the Earth uses it and backs it.

Where does bit coin get its value from? Some computer nerds living in their mothers' basements and Chinese speculators who say it has value? The few online drug dealers who accept it?

If you can't figure out that buying into a totally faith-based economy, with no regulation whatsoever, of a imaginary currency that only exists virtually, through a broker that has no compelling reason to give you any of your money back other than possible negative word-of-mouth, is a bad idea, then maybe you should really consider spending less time speculating on BTC and more time getting remedial education.
In the Ponzi scheme, business co-founders will reassure investors that they will get a profit on some level, while Bitcoin does not promise such a thing. No central entity; there are only individuals who run a decentralized economy.
Activity: 406
December 01, 2017, 02:34:21 AM
how dose bitcoin seem to you to be ponzi and what make you feel that USD is a super currency it sound foolish,and if i may ask what are doing in this forum  if you find no interest  in what we are doing here cause this forum is a bitcoin.Your super hero is suffering because if bitcoin,bitcoin will really push it off.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 260
December 01, 2017, 02:19:13 AM
Bit coin is a Ponzi scheme. Don't listen to the bit coin shills on here. The newcomers buying into bit coin and driving up the price are just making the early adopters richer.

That's how stupid people are. A sucker is born every minute. But YOU don't have to be one like all the other bit coiners.

The USD is a valid currency because people are required by law to recognize it's value. It has value because the most powerful superpower on the face of the Earth uses it and backs it.

Where does bit coin get its value from? Some computer nerds living in their mothers' basements and Chinese speculators who say it has value? The few online drug dealers who accept it?

If you can't figure out that buying into a totally faith-based economy, with no regulation whatsoever, of a imaginary currency that only exists virtually, through a broker that has no compelling reason to give you any of your money back other than possible negative word-of-mouth, is a bad idea, then maybe you should really consider spending less time speculating on BTC and more time getting remedial education.

Thank you for your advice. But I doubt someone will take your advice seriously here in this forum. I can't understand your intention of telling that statement.
Activity: 82
December 01, 2017, 02:08:04 AM
if you are jealous because you dont even have a bitcoin on your wallet, it is not our fault.
lmfao, check my registration date, kiddo.

Good point. You've been here since 2011. You must have been pro-Bitcoin at the start.

What changed? What happened that left you bitter about Bitcoin? Tell us your story.
I've grown out of the edgy libertarian phase.
Activity: 88
Merit: 0
November 30, 2017, 01:31:02 PM
Bitcoin isn't a ponzi scheme. Thats pure bullshit.

Bitcoin is same as some goods. Its made for sell,buy and trading.
If more buyer want it the price goes up.

The only difference is its virtual. Thats a new experience for most people.   
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
November 30, 2017, 01:16:16 PM
Were your definition of a ponzi scheme is quiet pathetic but once again you are allowed to spew your trash down here but if i may ask if it is all a scheme then what are you doing here. Educating us to leave here or here to make some earnings.
Activity: 89
November 30, 2017, 01:12:23 PM

Bitcoin will change the way we think about our money. Not possible that bitcoin is a Ponzi because there are ONLY 21 million of them... There cannot be any new additions of it to the pile. And it cannot be printed out of thin air like the paper fiat that is so widely accepted today.

Just under 1/2 (thereabouts) of the 21 million Bitcoins yet to be mined. Almost free  (or IMO not expensive) transfers? The way it ought to be in today's digital society.
Activity: 154
Merit: 105
November 30, 2017, 02:38:21 AM
if you are jealous because you dont even have a bitcoin on your wallet, it is not our fault.

Good point. You've been here since 2011. You must have been pro-Bitcoin at the start.

What changed? What happened that left you bitter about Bitcoin? Tell us your story.

I haven't been on this forum since 2011 like the OP but I was well aware of BTC due to listening to many libertarian broadcasts back then and their interviews of the lead developers at the time.  I was planning to buy some but didn't trust the process of buying where I lived back in 2011 since it wasn't as simple as it is today.

That said, you people don't get it.  I agree with the OP 100%.  I believed that BTC would eventually turn into a Ponzi scheme if it didn't catch on in the mainstream in the form of being able to pay for a cup of coffee or buy food at the grocery store.  Not only has this hasn't happened but something even worse happened...the crazy fees that make BTC unrealistic as a day to day currency.  But wait...there's more!  As an excuse, everyone readily admits that BTC isn't really a currency but a store of wealth.  WTF?!?  Hello...that's NOT why it was created.  Finally seeing how everyone behaves or otherwise hypes BTC has convinced me beyond a reasonable doubt that BTC is a Ponzi scheme.  I'm sorry but that's what it is.  I'm happy for those that bought back in 2011 and managed to not lose it or sell it for nearly 7 years.  These people know full well that they made their money because people are willing to pay 1000X more today than in the past.  They know full well that there's no justification for these prices.

So drop this "bitterness" bullshit.  Just because someone decides that Bitcoin is a form of a Ponzi scheme doesn't make them bitter or even that they disagree with it.  They are just being honest.  Most people on this forum, in contrast, are full of shit and they know it.  Knowing that Bitcoin is a Ponzi shouldn't stop someone from investing.  Being afraid that the price is too high and it's vastly overbought and overvalued is the reason they stay out of it....or get in and out as fast as possible...knowing that those that believe in the concept of HODL are the ones that are going to get burned sooner or later when governments start making it illegal or people pull out their money and flood to other cryptos.
Activity: 462
Merit: 260
November 30, 2017, 02:23:10 AM
It can be yes because its price rises. But bitcoins are decentralized and that is not manipulated by anyone. Pressure is rising and falling just naturally. Because of selling and buying. The so-called ponzi scheme is still rising and no fluctuating events occur.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 637
November 30, 2017, 02:01:28 AM

Activity: 84
November 30, 2017, 01:34:02 AM
Ponzi Scheme?
Really?? Shocked
Only thing I want to tell you...
Sit on the bed, have some coffee and sleep
just do this thing then you will discern complete information of Bitcoin
Activity: 1106
Merit: 637
November 30, 2017, 01:28:02 AM

Zimbabwe has a valid currency too...and people were required by law to recognize it...and it became worthless.

Value because "it's law" is less meaningful than value because "a community of people believe it has value".

If Bitcoin didn't rise another $1 in value for the rest of its existence it would still be worth more than any fiat currency, because it spending power would never erode. Fiat currencies lose spending power because their government print more of it. That's the simplest explanation for why Bitcoin is more valuable, has greater utility than fiat currency.

It's a place to park your wealth that's secure and free from government intervention. It doesn't have to replace fiat currencies.

And if you're going to insult us at least spell it right...it's one word, Bitcoin.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 507
November 30, 2017, 01:23:36 AM
A ponzi scheme? Do not exist, when they don't understand the currency, a lot of people would say that this is a ponzi scheme, however, it is a very stupid, they don't know what is the block chain, what is the currency.
It was a little bit harsh.  But true and very straight forward. I also don't like people bad mouthing Bitcoin just on the basis of their incomplete knowledge it is. It is better to do some research by your own before you start giving you remarks about anything.

Honestly I have been feeling such nonsense crap but the right way is to counter them with your own facts. This way many people may leave this forum which does sound good to me and may never understand what Bitcoin truly is. However, I am getting your point my friend and I strongly agree with you.
Activity: 82
November 29, 2017, 02:26:23 AM
I can't understand why you think this, i have a friend that think the same, but for me bitcoin it isn't a ponzi scheme.
Maybe because you don't have enough money for invest in bitcoin and receive a good earning?
What are are your reasons for think that?
The fact that bit coin is over $10k despite having no intrinsic value makes it a ponzi.
Activity: 686
November 27, 2017, 06:56:48 AM
I can't understand why you think this, i have a friend that think the same, but for me bitcoin it isn't a ponzi scheme.
Maybe because you don't have enough money for invest in bitcoin and receive a good earning?
What are are your reasons for think that?
Activity: 105
Merit: 11
BYTZ
November 27, 2017, 06:56:40 AM

Hahahaha, this is a joke right? Maybe you lost out and am bitter but you want to rely on USD, a hyperinflationary ponzi, because it is law.. BTC is capped, as are other digital coins, the US FED and printing Billions of new notes yearly, what bulk this up, there is no gold reserve (anymore) dun dun dun... and the law abiding politicians... Go collect your paper money, we'll still be here.

Oh, and I live above ground  Cool
Activity: 2646
Merit: 686
November 27, 2017, 06:55:52 AM

Hmmmmm this account is not a newbie, otherwise would consider that he really is not even aware what he's speaking. Why are you here on the very platform that satoshi was, okay if you think it's a bubble or a ponzi to bad for you op, no one can help you
Your so called usd, USA didn't it crash sometime back I. In 2008 legit company stocks what happened? Look at Bitcoin from then and now, I feel you're jealous to miss out and ranting here. Get some maturity and buy some satoshi's.
Activity: 756
Merit: 253
November 27, 2017, 06:50:50 AM
This is not a ponzi scheme as people are buying Bitcoins for different purposes and they are paying for several reasons. If Bitcoin is ponzi scheme then it would have died already, but it staying more than 7 years and still continue growth, no one had asked to invest in Bitcoin for making them into profits.

If you loves so much to ban Bitcoin then consult to your PM and say everything about Bitcoin.

It's  all a calculated attempt by some bad guys to spread FUD's and cause panic selling so that bitcoin can take a tumble in prices now that it is soaring up pretty well. We are used to their devices now and so it doesn't tickle me one bit when i read news like that about bitcoin being a bubble, ponzi scheme and whatever.
Activity: 224
November 27, 2017, 06:31:15 AM
The valid currency USD as you have termed is in its last stage as global reserve currency.Its an inflation currency.It is being printed unlimited and sent for circulation.USD just gained its importance after OPEC countries decided to sell crude oil only for USD.Otherwise,this so called valid currency would have been nothing.

Bitcoin is not a ponzi scheme.It has some unique features for which it gets the trust of people world wide.Its true that it has given huge profits to its early adopters.But it is not now in its end phase.Just it has crossed its initial eight years and yet,a long journey is to go.Today's investors will get their returns tomorrow.

If you believe this, you don't understand cryptocurrencies. By definition, they're set out to die eventually. The amount of coins that can be produced is limited, and if you consider that many things result in frozen coins (e.g. deleting your wallet), it's only logical that after all coins have been made, the number can only go down, which will eventually reach critical levels and make the whole system impractical. That's the equivalent of the ultimate fate of the universe for a crypto, and with IRL money that doesn't happen because you can always print more. That doesn't matter much, because in addition to being inherently finite, it's also a speculative bubble that will burst; proof is how unstable it is when reacting to supply/demand (e.g. that one time weeks ago when it dropped $2k because some people shilled another coin).

Well, I like what you have done. Hope this is all a joke to trigger people to write to you, as if you really think this, it is sad...

You do know that 1 BTC is divided into 100mil satoshi.

So if we take 1 satoshi to be 1cent, then with 20mil BTC (if we think there are 1mil lost) this makes 20 trillion dollar equivalent from btc...

The transaction to send USD from europe to us takes week (up to 10 days) and costs way more then $20....
and if you are not in a hurry you cans end it for 7cents (I have done this few times, takes no longer then a day to go)...
Pages:
Jump to: