Pages:
Author

Topic: Bit Notes...... Any demand for them? - page 2. (Read 2740 times)

Activity: 526
Merit: 508
My other Avatar is also Scrooge McDuck
May 29, 2013, 02:46:59 PM
Yeah, you've got to give buyers a reason to trust you and everyone on your side so they feel you can't or have vested interest to never redeem these yourself.

If you can at least offer some small token of assurance, I'd try selling some on BitMit and talk to the guy over at BTCQuick about them.

Nice design,
Good luck!
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Provider of Bitcoin products and services
May 29, 2013, 02:09:16 PM
They look nice. Well done.

What do you envisage them being used for?

Gifts maybe?
Activity: 167
Merit: 100
May 29, 2013, 02:08:06 PM
The problem with this design is by receiving this bit note, the receiver is actually putting himself/herself into a risky situation, as one is not certain whether the issuer of this bit note will redeem it at any moment. For example, say you issue such bit note and someone pay it to me to gain some service or commodity. As a receiver, I check the address and find there is some bitcoin there. But I'm not sure whether it will still be there during the period I hold this note. What if you the issuer secretly redeem the note and run? I will be left nothing in that situation.
Activity: 50
Merit: 10
May 29, 2013, 01:58:23 PM
I've just designed a Bit Note and was wondering if there was any interest in marketing them. I have printed them on cotton paper to make them as close to real money as possible. On the right hand side is a QR code and the wallet address so anyone can check the balance.

On the left is the private key and QR code to redeem the balance. I have protected this by a scratch area (a bit like a lottery scratch card) that you need to rub off in order to see the key. Also, there is a tamper proof hologram as seen in the picture over this. This is peeled off to reveal the scratch area as a double security layer.

1 BTC is currently £99. The benefit of these is that you can keep all your bitcoins safe at home rather than in one wallet that could be hacked. Imagine losing 10 BTC because a website goes down or you account is hacked. You don't need to keep any details online or on your computer and they look pretty good.

p.s there is nothing on this wallet so don't bother trying to redeem it  Roll Eyes

Any thoughts or suggestions? Would anyone want them (I'm UK based)?

The private keys are all generated off line and no record is kept so you don't have to worry about that. Anyone buying them can see my 10 year trading on ebay and can have my address, occupation, phone number etc.

Chris
Pages:
Jump to: