Pages:
Author

Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg - page 21. (Read 541880 times)

legendary
Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044
It is not surprise that you hit your target and the liquidity is low. Because a single available exchange - latoken.com has disabled deposits.

Even when they enable it again it will still hold target due to low supply. And then supply will gradually increased as buyers eat up whatever is left on sell side (if it goes 5% above floor). Supply maybe will have to go a little lower but either way it can hold this. Consider we did this in a bear market. Latoken disables deposits when they work on maintenance, I like how they actually do improve the code because imagine how much trouble it would be if they didn't service this.
Activity: 228
Merit: 10
It is not surprise that you hit your target and the liquidity is low. Because a single available exchange - latoken.com has disabled deposits.
legendary

As BitBay peg promised all those years ago, the peg has hit its target even under low liquidity, with censorship, and all the adversity and all the exchanges stealing our listing fees (other than Latoken), and with altcoin bear market, we STILL hit the target of 20 cents!

This is proof the peg works. Now imagine how powerful it would be with the top exchanges endorsing it and with liquidity providers and/or angel investors. To deny the power of the peg is to deny the truth of code. THIS is what decentralized money with volatility protection looks like.

Cheers to the community for sticking it out. We continue to march forward.
Activity: 90
Merit: 3
hello
l ve been following https://chainz.cryptoid.info/ for Block height and looks like it s coming 5 days behind( block Height 2538765) 
Thanks

Chainz has been notified that they're currently on the wrong side of a split branch of the BitBay chain. Hopefully they will update it soon. For now, transaction info can be viewed within the built-in block explorer in the BitBay QT Wallet.
Activity: 449
Merit: 250
don t touch my Bits
hello
l ve been following https://chainz.cryptoid.info/ for Block height and looks like it s coming 5 days behind( block Height 2538765) 
Thanks
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
The price is receding fairly sharply right now. Was this kind of action foreseen in your planning? I mean, it's unlikely that anything will go monotonically up. Do you fully expect the algorithm to always recover (sooner or later) from this sort of action?

Thanks

The peg is doing great. The peg is best designed to work with sensible volume.
It is currently at its toughest point. Dragging price from a tiny fraction of a cent straight to 20c on no awareness and fighting those that got it for nothing from bittrex dump.

These are just dust amounts of Bitbay. The peg stops huge % of the minting being dumped by whales who control the market in a huge and damaging way. Dust trades mean nothing to the health of the project. The peg is an amazing.

I think one improvement may be a quicker sharper freeze but that's only maybe because I don't fully understand the reasoning behind the current settings.

If bittrex had not caused a mass dump down to stupid levels this would have had an easier start.

Long term if they pull the full roadmap off with fully operational web wallets and mobile wallets with slick market place this will be a 5 bucks per coin plus project. I see nothing this useful and robust anywhere here except in the dreams and fantasies of white papers to entice investors bitcoin away from them. Bitbay is pretty much there I guess they just need the funds for porting this over to android ios and getting a slick front end ux.

I would suggest we all cut the stake rates by 50% for a year or 2 and the remaining is "donated" in a superblock to fund development. Smiley remember we were all staking for 1.5 Bay for a long time. 

Activity: 64
Merit: 2
The price is receding fairly sharply right now. Was this kind of action foreseen in your planning? I mean, it's unlikely that anything will go monotonically up. Do you fully expect the algorithm to always recover (sooner or later) from this sort of action?

Thanks
legendary
What is the percent freeze right now?

Where or how can I find the percent freeze number for myself?

Is it currently at max freeze?

If not, what is max freeze percent?

Thank you

Current supply is .09%

You can see it in the history tab in markets client.

In QT you can see peg index, take that number and multiply 100 *.99 the number of times of the peg index

The max freeze point is 1200 steps of 1% compound... leaving roughly a few thousand coins liquid.
Activity: 64
Merit: 2
What is the percent freeze right now?

Where or how can I find the percent freeze number for myself?

Is it currently at max freeze?

If not, what is max freeze percent?

Thank you
legendary
I've been a long term holder of this coin and I'm glad to see it doing well once again like it was back in the day. I had to sync my wallet again as it has been offline for a while due to switching PC's, to be honest I forgot I even had this coin but I'm glad that I didn't sell and continued to hold.

Did you also make sure to update the QT to the latest version?
Activity: 1862
Merit: 590
I've been a long term holder of this coin and I'm glad to see it doing well once again like it was back in the day. I had to sync my wallet again as it has been offline for a while due to switching PC's, to be honest I forgot I even had this coin but I'm glad that I didn't sell and continued to hold.
Activity: 193
Don't look now; but BAY is back in the TOP 50 Coins by Market Cap!
 Cheesy
AND is leading every coin in positive % change on CMC!
AND is leading Btc by 42.93%!
Activity: 29
if your wallet is syncing, it's working. It takes about 4 hours even with the bootstrap. The blocks are being pulled from the bootstrap file instead from peers and uses that info to build the new files that you see.  You'll be good when your wallet syncs. You might need to restart your wallet to see your frozen balances in the correct spot if you voluntarily froze any coins.

Thanks for the response buddy!!  Wink
Activity: 48
Merit: 1
if your wallet is syncing, it's working. It takes about 4 hours even with the bootstrap. The blocks are being pulled from the bootstrap file instead from peers and uses that info to build the new files that you see.  You'll be good when your wallet syncs. You might need to restart your wallet to see your frozen balances in the correct spot if you voluntarily froze any coins.
Activity: 29
Just downloaded new QT and bootstrap.  I am using Windows 10, 64bit.

Inserted bootstrap.dat into Appdata/Roaming/Bitbay, alongside wallet.dat.
Launched QT.

Bootstrap is being ignored.  Whole new set of files are created instead, and QT is syncing from scratch.

Any ideas?
Activity: 155
Merit: 11
https://bitbay.market
Want to see what BitBay’s Dynamic Peg looks like under the microscope?

Here’s an example of how “BAYtoshis” are organised into indexed columns instead of a disorganised pile of satoshis like #Bitcoin!

Why do we do it this way? Find out more tomorrow ...
Activity: 193
lol i think you'll have to push any 'target' out from 2021 to....2025 lol sad.
@TinyPiston - You're sad, lol - and I'm a BitBay Multimillionaire again! Shocked  AHAHAHAHAHAAaaa!!!
And it's just gettin' started... Suck on that 'target' TinyP.

Thank You David Z & BAY Team! Grin
legendary

The price is up to 8 cents already due to the peg and if it wasn't for censorship and having to deal with scam exchanges making it hard to list we would be at the top of the charts and you know it. We live in an Idiocracy and you can choose to not be part of it. Admit it, you don't enjoy being a shill. Deep down you wish you were nicer.
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064
Juicin' crypto
Activity: 155
Merit: 11
https://bitbay.market
** Community Update **

The BitBay devs have now restarted work on the required updates to make the web wallet compatible with the new Dynamic Peg protocol.

And after the web wallet has been updated, we'll be releasing an update for the Android app, and then... building a new iPhone app for all our patient iOS users!

Roll Eyes
Pages:
Jump to: