Pages:
Author

Topic: bitBuntu LiveCD R2 - page 2. (Read 4266 times)

legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093
Core Armory Developer
April 14, 2013, 01:27:53 AM
Armory:

• Printable paper backups
  • Only-one-time-ever-needed backups (deterministic wallets)
  • Multiple wallet interface
  • Offline wallets with watching-only wallets for the online computer.
  • GPU-resistant wallet encryption
  • Key import & export
  • Key sweeping
  • Coin control
  • Custom Change addresses
  • Transaction history export to .csv
  • Payment request blocks (to be copied into emails or webpages with URLs)

I'm sure that's not even all of it.  There's been a lot of demand for a live CD with Armory on it, because thousands of people rely on the offline wallets feature, but it's not trivial to setup offline in Linux and I'm not good with live distributions (though I distribute an offline bundle for Ubuntu 10.04-32bit for that reason).
N0
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
April 14, 2013, 01:16:30 AM
Armory is a very good wallet with excellent features. I would love to see it on a live CD. Also, litecoin is getting bigger, perhaps it is possible to throw a litecoin wallet in there?

A live CD sounds really cool BTW and I would love to try it out.

can you please elaborate a bit about armory features ?
and what advantage does it have over Bitcoin-qt and Electrum
(I think if you have both of theme they cover all the features you might need for a one time use but if many people ask I will add
it Armory as well).

You have a litecoin-qt available on the cd (I just didn't create an icon for it so to not confuse any newbies, you also have
ltc-minerd which is the litecoin version of cpuminer)

Activity: 26
April 14, 2013, 01:06:33 AM
Armory is a very good wallet with excellent features. I would love to see it on a live CD. Also, litecoin is getting bigger, perhaps it is possible to throw a litecoin wallet in there?

A live CD sounds really cool BTW and I would love to try it out.
N0
April 14, 2013, 12:59:07 AM
For reference, Armory is trivial to build in Ubuntu.  It is five terminal commands:

• sudo apt-get install git-core build-essential pyqt4-dev-tools swig libqtcore4 libqt4-dev python-qt4 python-dev python-twisted python-psutil
  • git clone git://github.com/etotheipi/BitcoinArmory.git
  • cd BitcoinArmory
  • make
  • python ArmoryQt.py

It's not terribly large, either.  The offline bundle has all dependencies included to run on an offline computer and is 25 MB.  

I'll check again for next release but I think when I checked it didn't look like it will offer any extra features.
I'm trying to make this iso small enough to fit on a regular cd but maybe its to large any way now.

no TOR or text-mode browser? aww Sad
I guess Tor is important and I'll try to add it. but why would you need a text mode browser what the advantages ?

Not really expecting an answer but I'll ask anyway...

Does anyone know how you would make a USB bootable live version of this for Mac?  Don't judge!

Lips sealed
you have unetbootin http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/
which will turn any livecd iso to a bootable usb.
let me know if you manage to use it and if the usb runs on mac (it shouldn't matter but I don't have a mac to test it on)

Activity: 68
Merit: 10
April 13, 2013, 09:53:28 PM
Not really expecting an answer but I'll ask anyway...

Does anyone know how you would make a USB bootable live version of this for Mac?  Don't judge!

Lips sealed
Activity: 55
April 13, 2013, 07:13:46 PM
no TOR or text-mode browser? aww Sad
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093
Core Armory Developer
April 13, 2013, 04:30:16 PM
I decided not to add other clients  like Armory and Multibit since they require extra components like JRE and I preferred to keep this version as slim as possible.

If you think there are any more tools I should add or links to include I'd be happy to hear about them.

For reference, Armory is trivial to build in Ubuntu.  It is five terminal commands:

• sudo apt-get install git-core build-essential pyqt4-dev-tools swig libqtcore4 libqt4-dev python-qt4 python-dev python-twisted python-psutil
  • git clone git://github.com/etotheipi/BitcoinArmory.git
  • cd BitcoinArmory
  • make
  • python ArmoryQt.py

It's not terribly large, either.  The offline bundle has all dependencies included to run on an offline computer and is 25 MB.  
N0
April 13, 2013, 06:12:33 AM
I released an update for my liveCD that comes pre installed with all your Bitcoin needs -
  • offline version of bitaddress.org
  • vanitygen
  • Bitcoin-qt
  • Electrum
  • cpuminer (bitcoin and litecoin)
  • Bitcoin Live chrome extension
  • Bitcoin bookmarks
  • Bitcoin backgrounds

I decided not to add other clients  like Armory and Multibit since they require extra components like JRE and I preferred to keep this version as slim as possible.

If you think there are any more tools I should add or links to include I'd be happy to hear about them.

you can download it here -
https://blog.non.co.il/index.php/bitbuntu-livecd/

Please keep in mind I don't care if trust this ISO not to steal your coins.
I'd probably wouldn't trust this if I wasn't the one who made it.
If your a newbie don't download anything you can't trust.
be sure that if I wanted I could have backed a CD that will steal all your coins from your computer and the ones you generate here.
So only use this LiveCD for testing or if you think you can trust its author.
If your a computer professional test this ISO if you find any proof of malicious activity warn people, but if you don't let other people know they can trust it
other then that I'm not going to pay any attention to "I don't trust you" comments

Pages:
Jump to: