Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin 2.0, not l0coin - page 3. (Read 4240 times)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0
August 18, 2011, 02:00:56 AM
How about instead of people creating useless copies of the bitcoin currency, such as l0coin, people take a look at how bitcoin can be improved. There may not be much room for bitcoin 2.0, but any future p2p currency will have to significantly improve on bitcoin.

Here is one such idea - just an example. How do you recover lost bitcoins to prevent the eventual death of bitcoin in a generation or two? What about creating a coin system where coins that have sat inactive for over a year become mine-able again. That way, if someone stops moving their bitcoins around annually, they lose them. This would not only keep the currency alive after all the original players have died, but will encourage people to spend the coins everytime they are "renewed".

Don't just start creating bitcoin clones that are essentially scams doomed to fail.

There's no single reason i0coin would be a scam. Elaborate. No, I don't have significant amount of i0coins myself.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
August 18, 2011, 01:50:24 AM
How about instead of people creating useless copies of the bitcoin currency, such as l0coin, people take a look at how bitcoin can be improved. There may not be much room for bitcoin 2.0, but any future p2p currency will have to significantly improve on bitcoin.

Here is one such idea - just an example. How do you recover lost bitcoins to prevent the eventual death of bitcoin in a generation or two? What about creating a coin system where coins that have sat inactive for over a year become mine-able again. That way, if someone stops moving their bitcoins around annually, they lose them. This would not only keep the currency alive after all the original players have died, but will encourage people to spend the coins everytime they are "renewed".

Don't just start creating bitcoin clones that are essentially scams doomed to fail.

Pages:
Jump to: