Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin 2022 Conference - page 2. (Read 1023 times)

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 15144
Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23
April 13, 2022, 05:20:41 AM
Hopefully I am doing a good service for you with those videos

Hope you like those, as they often serve as hints for discovering new resources, speeches, and generally digging deeper into the Bitcoin rabbit hole.
Please, give me some feedback on this!
legendary
April 12, 2022, 10:06:28 AM

Will post my other opinions about this conference soon once i finished having look on all the updates by you and my overall observation.

Without ruining my opsec I would say I have more of less 10 people in my phone book there, and I would say 3 of them I could ring any moment (and actually did to snap pictures of the bull chart).

I would definitely like to be there in the coming years, maybe when the whale ticket will be 0.005 BTC!
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 2124
April 12, 2022, 08:26:46 AM

Edit:

Picture from the place taken Saturday at noon.

The competition is currently ongoing until 3:00 PM local time.

EDIT2:
Jeff Won.
After a little bit of Drama by Aaron (he beated Jeff's record, albeit he rode at 3:03,after the official closing time) the jury declared him winner of the 1 BTC.

What a edge to edge win and he will always remember this bull run win and how healthy the bull run will him for future also if he stick to his bitcoin holding for another couple of years.Winning one full bitcoin at this time is so cool and unexpected when you are able to stash some sats for thousands of dollars.Jeff has made his bull way out.

You are having quite a lot of friends covering this whole conference in Miami @fillippone Grin giving you ground report for this whole event.

Will post my other opinions about this conference soon once i finished having look on all the updates by you and my overall observation.
legendary
April 12, 2022, 03:46:46 AM
My friends at Bitcoinitaliapodcast.it nailed another very good interview:

They are going to release some new content everyday. I am going to post them here, as I think they are not exactly mainstream, so I guess you can find some content overlooked by others.

This is the video mentioned in the interview:

Activity: 2674
Merit: 713
Nothing lasts forever
April 09, 2022, 11:50:09 AM
Wow, that's really amazing. I wish I could have got the opportunity to see this conference for real but may be the next time I will.
It's great that we are still able to get a virtual feel of it by watching the streams. But these streams are too long to watch.
Does anyone has any idea where can we read/watch the highlights of this conference. It would be time saving and worth it.
legendary
April 09, 2022, 10:53:47 AM
I have a thing with that bitcoin bull:
That is the top chart.

I think it is quite an easy feat for a professional bull rider!
https://i.ibb.co/JF0W6RY/59810442.jpg
Does anybody have any updates on this one? I had no luck in finding anything since Thursday and as it stands, "Jeff Gum [Navy SEAL]" might be the winner of 1 BTCitcoin with the record of 151.41!

I have been told the current leader is Aaron Rodriguez with 220 seconds. Looking for photographic evidence.

Edit:

Picture from the place taken Saturday at noon.

The competition is currently ongoing until 3:00 PM local time.

EDIT2:
Jeff Won.
After a little bit of Drama by Aaron (he beated Jeff's record, albeit he rode at 3:03,after the official closing time) the jury declared him winner of the 1 BTC.

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 3406
Crypto Swap Exchange
April 09, 2022, 08:34:57 AM
That is the top chart.

https://i.imgur.com/LJFJNl4.jpg
Does anybody have any updates on this one? I had no luck in finding anything since Thursday and as it stands, "Jeff Gum [Navy SEAL]" might be the winner of 1 BTCitcoin with the record of 151.41!

I guess the most significant thing to come out of this was the Shopify integration thing?
The issue with that is the fact that they're not the first company to achieve such a thing [here's my explanation on another thread] and regardless of being 1% cheaper than the one I mentioned in there, I don't think it's going to have the same type of impact as their other two partnership agreements.
Activity: 2968
Merit: 670
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
April 09, 2022, 08:33:03 AM
These type of places are very important for crypto, it allows people to actually follow up on what is going on around the world and it does provide people meeting up with other people and how they could connect and build things together or merge their powers together etc etc. It also allows people to realize their dreams, either achieve them or even maybe realize that they can't do it because someone else tried or failed and gives a good reason.

Moreover, it is always good for people who participate, you do not have to, it is not a must, but if you do, I am sure that it does bring a level of benefits to people who go there and meet with people, that is what this is, a great networking method.
Activity: 28
Merit: 6
April 09, 2022, 08:09:05 AM
I guess the most significant thing to come out of this was the Shopify integration thing? Because that would make use of the bitcoin lightning network to allow fees ~0% rather than the ~3% in case of Visa. And people don't even have to deal with BTC if they don't want to, retailers can chose to settle payments in any currency they want, it just gets converted to BTC and then fiat.

So no need to worry about volatility too. I didn't find the rest of the stuff that interesting. Only the above might cause an increase in exposure of BTC in the short-mid term imo.

Yes. But not only the Shopify integration but integration to brick and mortar stores via Poin of Sale payment terminals too.
Activity: 155
Merit: 102
April 09, 2022, 06:14:30 AM
I guess the most significant thing to come out of this was the Shopify integration thing? Because that would make use of the bitcoin lightning network to allow fees ~0% rather than the ~3% in case of Visa. And people don't even have to deal with BTC if they don't want to, retailers can chose to settle payments in any currency they want, it just gets converted to BTC and then fiat.

So no need to worry about volatility too. I didn't find the rest of the stuff that interesting. Only the above might cause an increase in exposure of BTC in the short-mid term imo.
legendary
Activity: 854
Merit: 1009
April 09, 2022, 05:30:21 AM
My friend at Bitcoinitaliapodcast.it made a series of interview a few suprises here I cannot speak about, yet at the conference.
Here the first one:

These four bitcoin musketeers in this interview are extra ordinary. It was educating and entertaining. It was a Bitcoin class with humor. They showed us that the global debt level is a time bomb. Currencies of industrialised nations would keep falling until it gets to the last currency: the US dollars.

Bitcoin is the best insurance. Infact it is the financial hope of humanity. National governments know that Bitcoin is the solution but they are blinded by pride and ignorance. Most central banks are runned by outdated and rigid economist that are unwilling to learn due to pride.

This interview also showed us that we have much work to do. We must educate our people. Bitcoin education is now a top priority. To avoid revolution Bitcoin must be a generally accepted because if the people know how national financial institutions are managed there would be revolution.

I recommend this interview to all. This section will be one of my educational materials for my Bitcoin class.

Thank you fillippone for sharing.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
April 09, 2022, 04:22:58 AM
I like this conference. I watch it with my husband  Cool
legendary
April 08, 2022, 06:26:38 PM
My friend at Bitcoinitaliapodcast.it made a series of interview a few suprises here I cannot speak about, yet at the conference.
Here the first one:

Activity: 1176
Merit: 647
I rather die on my feet than to live on my knees
April 08, 2022, 06:28:00 AM
I was happy to see yesterday the governor of autonomous region of Madeira (which is part of Portugal) to embrace the hype and make it clear that Madeira will make things attractive to Bitcoin, Bitcoiners and businesses that want to host their operations there. He said that profits from Bitcoin aren't and won't be taxed which is a very good incentive! Also they have one of the lowest corporate tax in Europe zone!

Only thing missing is also a legal tender. heheh
Activity: 42
Merit: 1
April 08, 2022, 06:15:00 AM
I hope someone with a level head at the conference discusses the fact that bitcoin was made as an answer to the disgusting organized crime of the central banks.  Founders of USA knew that central bankers like hyenas could not help themselves from destroying nation by devastating cycles of inflation and deflation

Well America and many western ( WHITE ) nations were taken over by jewish organized crime viai an unlawful central bank.

So Bitcoin was to be the answer. But Bitcoin too is wrecking people with its massive booms and busts that are the tool of organized banking criminals.

IF bitcoin is going to have a place in the future it can not be a tool for jews to rob people. IF it continues to be a tool for secret socieites and jewish organized crime to rob the masses, it is just as evil as their central bank scam.

Our countries are being destroyed by jewish organized crime and their courts and central banks., they are opening our borders to hordes of monsterous third worlers, destroying our economies and way of life to enrich the jews at the expense of white people.

Bitcoin must be shut down if it is a tool for crime against white nations
legendary
April 08, 2022, 05:50:12 AM
A live report from a fellow “WOer” about the conference.
If you have similar experience, please share it!

Today I was at the Bitcoin 2022 conference!   Smiley

I'll summarize some of my experiences, I just got home.  I woke up early and drove over since I had no idea how the parking situation (etc.) would be.  At 7:15 in the morning, the parking garage across the street from the MB Convention Center was mostly vacant (they do have lots of conferences and conventions there).  Doors opened at 8:00 AM, and the lines moved pretty quickly.  They gave each of us a Swag Bag, one item in there (discussed below, second item) turned out to be a really nice gift.

• I was mostly interested in hardware wallets, I picked up a BitBox02 (BTC Only Edition) and a Trezor Model T (Trezor tossed in a t-shirt).  I went ahead and bought them there so I would not appear on any HACKED mailing lists...
  • In the swag bag, it turned out that there was a FREE Arculus hardware wallet, although I did not note that at first.  When I dropped by their booth, they told me that yes, it was free for the first 25,000 who had registered for the show.  So, lucky me.  I asked them about one doubt I had (3FA), as I have next-to-no fingerprints (which amused TSA to no end when I applied for "Trusted Traveler" airline status), and they told me that in Settings facial picture and fingerprints can be turned off.
  • I also went by BitPay's booth to ask them some questions.  They told me about their rollout of Lightning, but (maybe I didn't understand correctly) that it would be months to a year or so before it was ready for use.  BitPay kindly gave me a 1 oz silver coin!  It has the BTC logo and all, says .999 silver and in small writing along the rim mentions BitPay.  I signed on with BitPay about Nov 2020 as they had just released a debit card which allowed me to sell some BTC should I want (but I joined Gemini in Jan 2021 to be able to sell moar).  Hey!  That silver coin is worth a bit over $24, so I think that was pretty decent of them...
  • There were a LOT of financial this-and-that companies, which didn't interest me as I am not involved with any institutions, but there is a lot of activity in those sectors
  • There were also a lot of mining-related companies including mining machines, Bitmain's new high-powered miners, also Bitmain has their own new technology using a [different] kind of cooling systems (not immersion) that allows 210 or so miners into their 20' container next to a similar sized cooling tower...
  • I did not get a chance to go see any speakers, as I only had today, tomorrow we are traveling.  Nor did I catch any of the "Announcements" so I don't know at the moment if anything important was, well, announced.  Trezor has some kind of announcement tomorrow (maybe their upcoming chip?), but their man at their booth did not know what the announcement would be, or perhaps wouldn't say...
  • Over at Bobby Lee's Ballet booth, they gave me a free book by him (The Promise of Bitcoin) which he graciously autographed for me, I believe Saifedean Ammous was signing his book as well, but the line was very long and I didn't have all that much time.
  • I also visited Wasabi Wallet's booth, actually that was my first stop.  The man (not nopara73) gave me some of their rationale re their decision not to accept "certain" UTXOs in their CoinJoin service.  It sounded plausible, in that it looks like it will be for a very limited number of cases (announced thefts of BTC and so on).  Plausible, I did not feel like grilling him.

Miami is just starting get warm in early April.  It's probably worthwhile for many HODLers to find their way to one of these conferences (tickets are expensive, but there was a $300 discount for payment by BTC).  They do have parties (and loud music outside) for all you young 'uns.

I missed last year's show, but I had gone to a couple of BTC shows in Miami a few years ago.  As you would expect, it's a much larger deal now.  For those employed in BTC-related jobs, it's a must going.

[edited]
legendary
April 07, 2022, 07:53:35 PM
Some highlights of the conference

Speakers/Comments

Declaring the Bitcoin Conference open Miami Mayor Francis Suarez announced that his vision for bitcoin is to spread its adoption. He also stated that the next President of US should be a bitcoin supporter.  Mike Novogratz, Galaxy Digital's CEO made the first bitcoin price prediction of the conference. He predicted that it would go to $1 million. He also mentioned that bitcoin's is acceptability around the world is increasing and it serves as a reliable store of value.

Peter Thiel the cofounder of Paypal started his speech by throwing a few dollar bills into the crowd. When someone picked the dollar bills, he felt disappointed and stated that he taught everyone in the conference is supposed to be bitcoin maximalists. He predicted that bitcoin would replace gold and that price will rise 100X. He called Warren Buffet an enemy number and a sociopathic grandpa.

The CEO of MicroStrategy Michael Saylor who recently purchased a $190 million worth of cryptocurrencies stated that the US government new executive order on cryptocurrencies amounted to giving the green light to bitcoin. This is inline with my post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5389308.msg59495447#. His main message was don't sell your bitcoin. Dave Portnoy the founder of Barstool Sports unveiled that he holds 29 bitcoins and has no plan to sell them.

Four billionaires ( Dan Tapiero, Ricardo Salinas, Orlando Bravo and Marcle Claude) from the conference's Billionaire Capital Allocators Panel hosted by Greg Foss agreed that bitcoin is the best way to maintain wealth and its going to be a global reserve asset replacing the dollars. But before the interview started Foss warned his panelist that bitcoin is not shitcoin, therefore no other cryptocurrencies should be discussed.

Some international sports stars like Aaron Rodgers, Serena Williams and Odell Beckham were panelists in a section coordinated by Mikes Suter who is the CEO of the 12.3 Billion dollars worth Cash App. Aaron Rodgers the Green Bay Packers quarterback who invested $22.4 million on cryptocurrencies unveiled that the best defence against inflation is bitcoin. While Odell Beckham Jr. disclosed that there is still much to learn from the bitcoin industry and he advised future investors to grab the opportunities bitcoin offers.

News on Nation-state adopting Bitcoin.

The President of the autonomous region of Madeira in Portugal stated that he believes in the future and the future is bitcoin. While the President of Prospera in Honduras declared that bitcoin will become a legal tender on the island. Senator Indira Kempis predicted that bitcoin would soon become a legal tender in Mexico.

https://www.independent.co.uk/tech/bitcoin-2022-news-live-btc-price-crypto-b2050336.html

legendary
April 07, 2022, 06:40:54 PM
Finally, we got to the conference big event.

Jack Mallers announced his King's Gambit:

Jack Mallers’ Strike Announces Shopify Integration for Bitcoin Lightning Payments

MIAMI — Strike CEO Jack Mallers unveiled a litany of high-powered partnerships for Bitcoin’s Lightning Network at the Bitcoin 2022 conference in Miami on Thursday – including an integration with ecommerce giant Shopify.
“You’re gonna be able to walk into” millions of American storefronts that plug into the payments stalwarts and pay across the Lightning Network.
Mallers said Strike partnered with NCR (NCR), the world’s largest point-of-sale (POS) supplier, and payments firm Blackhawk.

Here's the video:

legendary
April 07, 2022, 10:59:38 AM
That is the top chart.

legendary
April 07, 2022, 02:19:14 AM
Although I am not in the conference but I am receiving live updates. President's Bukele's sudden suspension of his appearance is very disappointing because he was indeed the main keynote speaker. His address would have been a cryto lecture for other nations that are nursing the vision of adopting Bitcoin. He would have shamed and disproved all those economists and financial analysts that predicted that Venezuela would collapse because of his radical and innovative decision.

Nevertheless, his letter was brief but powerful. He emphasized on the goals of Bitcoin with is freedom and decentralization. Bukele's also informed us that we fight for freedom, hence every Bitcoin supporter must become a freedom fighter. Hopefully, by next year I will attend and I predict that 5 presidents would be our keynote speakers. Please enjoy the conference.
Pages:
Jump to: