Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin 2024 - 2025 bull run, it's time to debunk Bitcoin FUD. - page 2. (Read 303 times)

mk4
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 3817
Paldo.io 🤖
That's what I've been trying to do but some of the issues are quite complicated and I'm not an expert in the field.

I'll give you an example - the concept of whether bitcoin's energy consumption is a problem.  

According to research, Bitcoin's energy consumption is less than the energy required for gold mining. If bitcoin was to replace gold as a store of value, it doesn't mean that gold mining will cease to exist. Gold will still be used for other purposes. What we will have instead is a world with both bitcoin mining and gold mining. The amount of gold that needs to be mined may be less than it is currently if investment demand moves towards bitcoin, but the mining sites and operations will still be there. Is the environmental impact from mining 100 tonnes of gold exactly half that from mining 50 tonnes? Arguably no, because of the economies of scale. And if no, then how does the environmental impact scale according to the level of gold demand? Given this, what are the implications when we compare a world with just gold mining (and no bitcoin mining) compared to a world with both bitcoin and gold mining? This is a more realistic comparison because a world with just bitcoin mining (and no gold mining) is extremely unlikely. These are questions that I'd like to know but i don't feel confident answering because I'm not an expert in the field.

If Bitcoin replaces gold as a store of value, demand for gold will definitely collapse and the incentive to mine gold would drop down significantly as well(not totally cease to exist), hugely reducing the potential damages to the environment. Gold's use-case outside being a financial hedge is a minority, but if gold's value goes down, probably expect a decrease in demand for gold jewelry as well.

As for being expert in any field, you just need to have better research skills. Being able to filter out false or misleading information is a valuable skill. And you don't even need to necessarily listen to the Nic Carters and the Cathie Woods; go check their sources.
Activity: 159
Merit: 72
Why do you need to trust others? Can't you just think for yourself?
The information is all out there, all you have to do is do some research, do a little bit of calculation and some brainpower to make up your own conclusions. You can always read what other experts say (experts not malicious idiots like Musk) to figure out things you missed.
That's what I've been trying to do but some of the issues are quite complicated and I'm not an expert in the field.

I'll give you an example - the concept of whether bitcoin's energy consumption is a problem.  

According to research, Bitcoin's energy consumption is less than the energy required for gold mining. If bitcoin was to replace gold as a store of value, it doesn't mean that gold mining will cease to exist. Gold will still be used for other purposes. What we will have instead is a world with both bitcoin mining and gold mining. The amount of gold that needs to be mined may be less than it is currently if investment demand moves towards bitcoin, but the mining sites and operations will still be there. Is the environmental impact from mining 100 tonnes of gold exactly half that from mining 50 tonnes? Arguably no, because of the economies of scale. And if no, then how does the environmental impact scale according to the level of gold demand? Given this, what are the implications when we compare a world with just gold mining (and no bitcoin mining) compared to a world with both bitcoin and gold mining? This is a more realistic comparison because a world with just bitcoin mining (and no gold mining) is extremely unlikely. These are questions that I'd like to know but i don't feel confident answering because I'm not an expert in the field.

legendary
Activity: 3444
Merit: 10558
Ok fair enough, but why should i trust positive articles from people like Cathie Wood, Nic Carter, Jack Dorsey? They've "debunked" the energy FUD before but they all seem to have a vested interest in bitcoin doing well too.
Why do you need to trust others? Can't you just think for yourself?
The information is all out there, all you have to do is do some research, do a little bit of calculation and some brainpower to make up your own conclusions. You can always read what other experts say (experts not malicious idiots like Musk) to figure out things you missed.
So I sometimes find myself left in a position of not knowing what to trust. Any ideas on how to navigate this dilemma?

All I can say that if you're going to read news(especially negative press) concerning Bitcoin from mainstream media platforms such as CNN/CNBC/Bloomberg/etc, chances are, it's either BS or just rehashed. Probably stay away from those so called "news sites".
Ok fair enough, but why should i trust positive articles from people like Cathie Wood, Nic Carter, Jack Dorsey? They've "debunked" the energy FUD before but they all seem to have a vested interest in bitcoin doing well too.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 3817
Paldo.io 🤖
So I sometimes find myself left in a position of not knowing what to trust. Any ideas on how to navigate this dilemma?

All I can say that if you're going to read news(especially negative press) concerning Bitcoin from mainstream media platforms such as CNN/CNBC/Bloomberg/etc, chances are, it's either BS or just rehashed. Probably stay away from those so called "news sites".
Thanks for the website, it looks like a useful compilation.

I think the reason many people (me included) find it difficult to distinguish between FUD and what is real, is because:

1) There appear to be articles/papers/analysis that support both sides of the argument
2) Many of us are not experts in the field and
3) It's difficult to audit verify the claims presented in the articles/papers/analysis.

copper member
Activity: 84
Merit: 15
I support your view, the second half of the Bitcoin bull market is coming soon.

To be honest, Bitcoin has experienced more than 50 price halvings in the past ten years, more than 10 price discounts of 90%, and four times close to zero. None of these have prevented Bitcoin's continuous creation. new highs. Many new investors are worried about the sharp drop in the price of BTC, but for most people in this forum, it is just a repetition of what has happened many times in the past decade.

Finally, I want to say, please do not sell when the price of BTC is lower than 120,000 US dollars
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 3858
Farewell o_e_l_e_o
Here. I am not arguing with you about where we are and where the market is temporarily as well as how it will move.

I share one website for you that I am sure will be helpful for you in long term. If you are a bitcoiner or a newbie in this market, spend your time to read documents on that website. You will not regret it.

When you read and prepare enough knowledge about Bitcoin FUD, you will be more confident when FUD pops-up.

The website is Endthefud.org that supplies
The best links to articles debunking Bitcoin FUD.

Let's get started and debunk Bitcoin FUD, and prepare for Bitcoin next top around $100k.
  • Slap yourself if you are unknowledgeable and only want to gamble.
  • Slap yourself if you sell your Bitcoin below $100k in this bull run. It did not make this price in 2020-2021 bull run but I believe it will make it in 2024 - 2025 bull run.
  • Slap yourself if you are greed and get liquidated.

If you have articles, things to contribute to endthefud.org website, you can contact them by pulling a request on their Github https://github.com/pox/EndTheFUD

Also check two websites to see in the past, how Bitcoin moves after FUD finished its goals.
Pages:
Jump to: