Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin a Partway to Becoming Self-Reliance. - page 3. (Read 406 times)

Activity: 2856
Merit: 644
https://duelbits.com/
When you say about freedom you say it looks good but the reality is not that simple even though bitcoin is now offering freedom there but do you still not see that there are lots of regulations that indirectly restrain this freedom.
especially in social life fiat is still taking over and of course many still think that fiat is absolute financial that leads to freedom when you own it even though there are some rules there too.

Bitcoin does have freedom but in this case when we live with government regulation of course that freedom is just a word without any real thing in that freedom
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1108
It's a free world we live in but no single human being is totally free. The freedom of a person is definitive or comes with a limit. Hence, how can one be said to be truly free when there are limits to his or her expression of will power? Yeah, freedom is the will power but when it comes to its expressions, there are lines not crossed.

* Where the freedom of one person ends, its where the freedom of some other person starts.
* Freedom is given, given by the government which is guided by a constitution and explained by a court.

Bitcoin and decentralized systems represents freedom but only to some extent. It might have covered the financial aspect of a person so well as per the secrecy of his or her transactions or investments but there are other acts of free will that it doesn't influence. Mind you, bitcoin operates in centralised systems like the exchanges and more importantly, one needs to swap BTC for fiat to establish a used case. Decentralisation isn't total freedom and there can be no total freedom in the world.
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 2145
It all sounds cool in theory, but on practice it doesn't matter. Regular people are not severely oppressed by banks and governments. Most people live their lives without ever having their assets frozen. Ability to send money to literally anyone in the world sounds nice, but most people are just making regular purchases from legal businesses, or sending money to people they know, so they have no problems with traditional payments. When people will start needing the benefits of financial freedom in their daily lives, that's when Bitcoin will start seeing more adoption.
Activity: 2408
Merit: 693
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
Freedom does not only revolves around owning btc only, you can also own fiat and have financial freedom, the only difference here is with btc you can remain anonymous to some extent and be able to invade tax unlike with fiat that keeps records of all your data.

But a lot of wealthy people don't see this as a problem, take Elon Musk for instance, he has the money to do as he desire even with all his information out there for everyone to see, he just sealed a deal worth $44 billion to buy twitter, no government can stop him from doing whatever he wants with his money as long as he is not breaking any law. Many other wealthy people have the same freedom, so I don't see what is so different in this freedom and the one btc will provide to be honest.

I may not be wealthy but I can do several things without government even flinching towards my direction, to me, I feel as long as you have a clean slate it doesn't matter what kind of freedom, through btc or fiat, you will have it as long as you are not against the law.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 667
When you talk about the freedom you should always point to the view of many scholars who have defined the subject (freedom) it's a compound world at the same time a simple word, which simply means the right to do what you want to and when you want. And one of the ways the government has held its citizen bound is in the financial freedom which is the most important type of freedom because it translates into economic freedom.
Bitcoin on the other hand offers its, users, the total freedom they deserve both in financial freedom and also in the knowledge of how transactions are handled and verify this gives Bitcoin users the total freedom. spend their money whatever way and in whichever amount. Bitcoin activities on the other hand are more profitable compared to other physical traditional activities which have made it users totally free.
What do you think about Bitcoin&freedom
Pages:
Jump to: