Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin address should be hidden ? - page 2. (Read 2030 times)

Activity: 966
Merit: 274
February 07, 2017, 09:21:33 AM
Your wallet cannot be tampered with just by showing your public bitcoin address. However, I think a big reason

why people don't like showing their wallet is because from there somebody can see how much bitcoin you own.

This could be why people aren't comfortable sharing their addresses, because they don't want their net earnings

available for everyone to see.
Certainly, I used to hide my bitcoin address to keep off from hackers.

Once a hacker had sought how many btc wagered or how many btc you have balance, you could be their next target.

Just like in my blockchain, I don't know how does a person known my identification code since I am the only one who have known that.

However since my gmail wasn't hacked, he wasn't able to open my wallet. This is alarming because hackers are desperate to steal money from others.

Hence, protect your wallet. Don't use your main wallet your every transaction so that no one could tend an attention to check your btc balance/wagered.
Activity: 462
Merit: 273
February 07, 2017, 08:13:58 AM
Your wallet cannot be tampered with just by showing your public bitcoin address. However, I think a big reason

why people don't like showing their wallet is because from there somebody can see how much bitcoin you own.

This could be why people aren't comfortable sharing their addresses, because they don't want their net earnings

available for everyone to see.
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
Life is a game, you either play it or get played.
February 06, 2017, 08:01:32 PM
People can either use or gather data from your wallet addresses, but the worst they can do is send URL stubs inside transactions sent if spammed by a scraper.

I'd really only share it with people who trade / exchange with you... Despite risks, it's really something that can lead to problems if the wrong people get into personal data.
Activity: 259
Merit: 250
February 06, 2017, 07:40:52 PM
Thank's guys , your reply is helpful
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014
February 06, 2017, 07:38:29 PM
i see usually people hide their bitcoin address when they post topics or proofs in forum , social media ..etc
should we hide our bitcoin address , could we get hacked from you bitcoin address and they steal our money  ? 
You can't be hacked by giving ur public address but you are exposing ur net value. Thats why people are not eager to share their addresses in public.
Bitcoin should be more anonymous somehow, future will tell if it become like that.
staff
Activity: 3374
Merit: 6530
Just writing some code
February 06, 2017, 07:37:37 PM
There are no security risks of giving out addresses or having them posted publicly, after all, that is what they are meant to do. However, posting your address publicly means that people can link that address (and any transaction related to it) to an identity. It also means that people can see how much money you have in that address and in other addresses that are spend linked to the posted one.
Activity: 850
Merit: 504
February 06, 2017, 07:31:42 PM
Maybe they want to maintain their anonymity and do not want their address to be associated with their personal social media account.Once your bitcoin address is identified with you, they can check your bitcoin transaction/ received in blockchain etc Smiley

Or, they are hiding the address because its not their btc wallet,they just copied it just a proof in marketing something.You can not verify their claims if this is the case Smiley
Activity: 259
Merit: 250
February 06, 2017, 07:17:09 PM
i see usually people hide their bitcoin address when they post topics or proofs in forum , social media ..etc
should we hide our bitcoin address , could we get hacked from you bitcoin address and they steal our money  ? 
Pages:
Jump to: