Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin addresses hits an all time high! - page 2. (Read 227 times)

legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
December 08, 2019, 09:24:48 AM
The number IMO is quite low, considering the fact that since the start of the network and bitcoin being fully functional, Satoshi and other lead devs encouraged people to use up change addresses after every transaction. But since people are too lazy to do it (including me, I'm guilty of this in the beginning), the numbers are stacked up so low. Security is sometimes being compromised on addresses that are being repeatedly used and people are able to trace which address belongs to whom based on activity.

But yeah, as long as the network continues moving forward, I see no reason for bitcoin to not post a new ATH for used addresses containing more than 0 bitcoins in them. Once adoption hits its timing, see the numbers ramp up.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1041
December 08, 2019, 09:14:48 AM

People are somehow just using one BTC address per transaction meaning everytime they make a transaction using one btc address, this BTC address are now thrownaway and abandoned. They say its the best practice to avoid being traced.

Maybe these empty BTC address will soon be filled with BTC also. I heard that when you do an transaction, the btc address will have a high possibility that it can be hacked thru quantum computer due to the exposure of the public key when making transaction.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 2174
Professional Community manager
December 08, 2019, 09:00:52 AM
Not necessarily it means Bitcoin adoption is going high since all addresses have zero bitcoin.

No, it says all addresses recorded has more than 0 bitcoins in them. I have edited the OP to remove any ambiguity
When bitcoin adoption will go high we will have merchants all over the world that will accept bitcoin, government policies in favor of bitcoin and things like that.

You are describing the situation when bitcoin adoption reaches its peak, it is always on the increase since it's inception, with a growing list of merchants accepting it and governments approving it.
Activity: 788
Merit: 505
December 08, 2019, 08:48:21 AM
Not necessarily it means Bitcoin adoption is going high since all addresses have zero bitcoin. When bitcoin adoption will go high we will have merchants all over the world that will accept bitcoin, government policies in favor of bitcoin and things like that. unfortunately, we are not witnessing such things at the moment.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 2174
Professional Community manager
December 08, 2019, 08:37:39 AM
In was recently reported that the number of unique Bitcoin addresses holding an excess of 0 bitcoins i.e more than zero bitcoin in them just got to an all time high
Bitcoin recently hit a new milestone and an all-time high for its addresses. It currently has more addresses with BTC in it than at any other time in its history...
...Bitcoin now boasts some 28.39M addresses with more than 0 BTC in them. This tops the previous all-time high seen in January 2018 when the network hit 28.384M active addresses. The story was first reported by analyst Alex Thorn (@intangiblecoins)...
Full article: https://beincrypto.com/bitcoin-addresses-hit-a-new-all-time-high/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

This shows an evident increase in the adoption of Bitcoin all over the world, although unique addresses does not necessarily translate to unique users of the network, it shows the growth of the network.
Is this evidence of Bitcoin going mainstream?
Would an ATH in addresses lead to a new ATH in the price?
Pages:
Jump to: