Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin After Death - The Will... - page 4. (Read 2621 times)

legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 1159
January 06, 2016, 07:52:43 AM
What happens if i amass a fortune in bitcoins and i die. Who will guarantee my fortune is divided among those in my Will?

Who would you trust with your private keys?

obviously multisig it. where each inheritor only has 1 key.. that you give them today and the executor of the Will has a key also.
where only at the execution of the will, would all participants collectively combine the keys to send the funds out

what if they lose it, or die also.

Using mutisignature might solve this problem. 5 keys are given to the 5 inheritors, but only 3 keys are need to unlock.
Activity: 397
Merit: 350
January 06, 2016, 07:41:09 AM
What happens if i amass a fortune in bitcoins and i die. Who will guarantee my fortune is divided among those in my Will?

obviously multisig it. where each inheritor only has 1 key.. that you give them today and the executor of the Will has a key also.
where only at the execution of the will, would all participants collectively combine the keys to send the funds out

what if they lose it, or die also.
legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458
January 06, 2016, 07:39:49 AM
you should trust your family, before anyone else in this case, otherwise it is pointless to even think about it

or simply do a fovor to everybody else and leave them there so all the other coins will have a better value

yep, if you dont trust your family then they dont deserve the inheritance.. you might aswell give one key to a charity and pt the other key into a will and the funds move only when the will is read out as thats the only time to two parties come together
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
January 06, 2016, 07:34:45 AM
you should trust your family, before anyone else in this case, otherwise it is pointless to even think about it

or simply do a fovor to everybody else and leave them there so all the other coins will have a better value
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
January 06, 2016, 07:31:02 AM
For any paper wallet i own, and assuming the price was to go through the roof and they were actually worth anything then my significant other would just have to work out for herself how to get them off of their. If they actually did go up to a decent price im pretty sure she would work up the motivation to figure out how to get those bad boys off of their and into her account in no time.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
January 06, 2016, 07:18:43 AM
I will never trust any one with my private keys, even not with multisig. My coins will remain unused in their wallets for ever if something happens with me. That's how I think about it right now. It might change when I become a father, then I will try to find a way to make sure at some point in the future my kids can access the coins.
staff
Activity: 3472
Merit: 6129
January 06, 2016, 07:15:15 AM
Do you really don't trust anyone ? In that case why would you care for who the money goes ?
I'd personally give them to any of my family members and I would trust them (It doesn't matter how much the amount is) without the need of making multi signature wallet or anything .
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115
Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!
January 06, 2016, 07:12:28 AM
That depends on who you have shared the private keys with.If you have cold storage's which are untouched and only you have access to them,then nothing could be done.They will be untouched.Hopefully in near future ,some one will come up with bitcoin Life Insurance polices.
legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458
January 06, 2016, 07:05:44 AM

Activity: 397
Merit: 350
January 06, 2016, 06:58:25 AM

Pages:
Jump to: