Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin and altcoins - page 3. (Read 763 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 250
November 21, 2017, 09:17:51 AM
Hello I'm newbie here.pls anyone can tell me what is the difference of bitcoin in altcoins.
Bitcoin is mother of the crypto, and all of the cisculation value in the crypto depends on the bitcoin.
Altcoin has made to fix the scalability of the bitcoin itself with a lot of the improvements in the blockchain. when the transaction in bitfcoin is really slow and people are moving towards altcoin top get cheap fees for their transaction.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 579
HODLing is an art, not just a word...
November 21, 2017, 08:55:27 AM
the main difference is in usage.
bitcoin is a currency and can work and is working as a currency. currently a lot of people have adopted it as a currency in real world. from small shops selling small items in the real world or online, to big businesses and retail stores accepting bitcoin as payment.

the altcoins are also supposed to be currencies (alternative crypto"currency" is in their name anyways) but they are not acting as one to this date. they all are considered speculative assets. and their only usage is to be traded.
Activity: 826
Merit: 518
November 21, 2017, 08:54:05 AM
Hello I'm newbie here.pls anyone can tell me what is the difference of bitcoin in altcoins.

Both of them are crypto currencies but bitcoin was launched first of all currency and it is known by world wide so the price of bitcoin is high when compared to the other cryptos.
Altcoin word refers to alternative to bitcoin,so we calling other cryptos as altcoin other than bitcoin.ETH is the best of altcoin and other altcoins are litecoin,BCH,BTG and XMR these are other best altcoins still there are hundreds of altcoin available but most of them will fade away with time passes.
Activity: 420
Merit: 103
November 21, 2017, 08:45:14 AM
Bitcoin was the first cryptocoin that was used in the market. It gave birth to alternative coins. Although the two are made for different purposes, both became useful and powerful on their own. There are a lot of altcoins however only a few remained popular and are being used.
Activity: 784
Merit: 510
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
November 21, 2017, 05:17:16 AM
Bitcoin is a virtual currency that was created in 2009 by an unknown computer whizz or organisation using the alias Satoshi Nakamoto.
An altcoin is any digital cryptocurrency similar to Bitcoin. The term is said to stand for “alternative to Bitcoin” and is used describe any cryptocurrency that is not a Bitcoin. ... Most popular altcoins use the same fundamental building blocks as Bitcoin.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
November 21, 2017, 05:12:22 AM
Bitcoin is Bitcoin  Grin. Altcoins are other coins except bitcoin. Example for altcoin is Ethereum. Every other coin except bitcoin is altcoin.
Activity: 490
Merit: 106
November 21, 2017, 05:08:53 AM
If you say altcoins (alternative coins) you are referring to all cryptocurrencies other than Bitcoin because it is the main cryptocurrency. There are now thousands of altcoin already existed and if we discuss here the difference of every single altcoins to Bitcoin it will take long before we finish discussing it here. Some altcoins are very similar to Bitcoin the only difference is they improve Bitcoin issues that are unresolved by core developers and create new coins, like forked coins. The other differences of some altcoins and Bitcoin are the specs it uses like algorithms (Ex. SHA256, Ethash, Equihash), block size, block interval, difficulty adjustment and total supply.
Activity: 137
Merit: 10
ICO starting on 16th of April!
November 21, 2017, 05:01:11 AM
Bitcoin is like USD, popular in the world. Altcoin like Zimbaware currency, useless!
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
November 21, 2017, 04:48:18 AM
In summary, Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency which uses proof of work, meaning you need to use processor and energy in order to mine.

All other cryptocurrencies are called altcoins. Some of them are really similar to bitcoin; such as Litecoin -more coins, less price-, Bitcoin Cash. Some of them claims they are totally anonymous like Monero, and using different block size

Some of them are quite different technology, like Neo, Waves; proof of stake or smart contracts ,etc.  But all of them uses Blockchain technology.

You need to research yourself after this brief introduction.
Activity: 383
Merit: 100
November 21, 2017, 04:08:20 AM
many explanations about this. for me both are almost the same. bitcoin is the first digital currency and altcoin is used as an alternative coin other than bitcoin as digital currency.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
November 21, 2017, 03:45:36 AM
Pages:
Jump to: