Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin and Avocados: Correlated Assets? - page 2. (Read 242 times)

Activity: 1526
Merit: 420
October 11, 2019, 11:16:32 PM
Crazy article maybe just for the sake of entertainment, who would take this seriously anyway? Obviously they can't find a decent article to post. I believe each asset has different characteristics but definitely this just another strange coincident. Yet there are a lot of assets correlate with Bitcoin performance.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 354
October 11, 2019, 03:41:12 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh. i think it is a joke though, no way that could be serious.

from http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584
October 11, 2019, 03:17:28 PM
Haha, millennials and their disgusting green goop.  Grin Either she really is joking or her brain has turned to guacamole.

A complete coincidence, unless it can be proven that millennials make up majority of bitcoin traders and that most of those traders are obsessed with avocados and what we are seeing here are them having less and less money to buy both bitcoins and avocados.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483
October 11, 2019, 02:23:35 PM
i'm embarrassed for the author of the newsbtc article. tracy was obviously just making a joke......

as long as we're coming up with useless correlations, i've got another one: Divorce Rates Linked To Margarine Consumption

if you want to keep a healthy marriage, stay the hell away from margarine! Wink
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1152
October 11, 2019, 01:05:12 PM
Just an amazing coincidence, for sure. The avocado hype has something to do with the fruit being used in a lot of cosmetic materials currently and of course, the unique taste of the fruit when combined with a lot of dishes. For sure avocado has its own merits, so does bitcoin too. It's pretty plain to see that they're entirely different commodities that serve/satisfy a different demographic, so yeah, as much as we want to believe that these two are entirely correlated, unfortunately we can't.

Kidding aside though, we might face further decline in prices should the $8k support levels won't hold. That's something, and perhaps the avocado price movement could predict that in a way.

Not only it is used as cosmetics materials, it is also used as herbal medicine that is mixed in a daily supplement capsule/powder.  I also think that it is just an amazing coincidence.  Since the industry where they belong are not related in one way or another.  Any fluctuation on each industry will not have an effect to the others.  Except if Bitcoin will be used to buy Avocados in the market.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
October 11, 2019, 11:34:08 AM
Just an amazing coincidence, for sure. The avocado hype has something to do with the fruit being used in a lot of cosmetic materials currently and of course, the unique taste of the fruit when combined with a lot of dishes. For sure avocado has its own merits, so does bitcoin too. It's pretty plain to see that they're entirely different commodities that serve/satisfy a different demographic, so yeah, as much as we want to believe that these two are entirely correlated, unfortunately we can't.

Kidding aside though, we might face further decline in prices should the $8k support levels won't hold. That's something, and perhaps the avocado price movement could predict that in a way.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 355
October 11, 2019, 10:48:57 AM
This is an interesting (well, can also be funny and entertaining I guess) piece linking the price movement of Bitcoin and guacamole which has one element present in both: millennials. Let's take a look:

...Bitcoin had shown some correlation with gold, strengthening the safe haven narrative that has been at the forefront of 2019. But Bitcoin has also shown correlation with another hot commodity adored by millennials: avocados.

Both appear to have dragged along a bottom in early 2019, only to skyrocket in value starting in early April. The price of each asset rose steadily in the second quarter of 2019, but topped out in late June and early July, and has since started to decline back to previous lows. If there really is a true direct correlation to be made, another sharp drop on avocado’s charts suggests that Bitcoin has much further to fall.

You can read more of this here...

In the following weeks, it would be good to revisit this comparison between Bitcoin and avocados if they can really be correlated. For now, do you think there is really a connection or just amazing coincidences?
Pages:
Jump to: