Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin and cash are more important than ever. - page 2. (Read 236 times)

copper member
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1250
Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph
Isn't it aimed more at businesses rather than individuals?

But what Ecospend is doing is admirable. I think open banking and multiple ways to pay is something that is convenient for users especially when managing risks or something.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597
But do people realize they’re getting more important? I think they aren’t! They’re still blindly using card and joining all these money saving programs known as loyalty cards givig away all information to corps and governments. Unless they unblind themselves, I think this invasion of privacy will only continue and progress.

In my country, I know of a few people whining about their banks starting to introduce mandatory selection of reasons for depositing cash on your own account at several ATMs. That’s true, you insert your own banknotes in the ATM to deposit into your own account and before you’re allowed to do so, you’re asked for the source of funds or reason of deposit. How does that sound?

The dystopia I’ve been trying to avoid and hope will never come is probably so much closer than it looks and sounds!
Activity: 1358
Merit: 268
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
In the time we have now and with the technology we are facing, we are really in a modern age. And now the whole world is gradually accepting innovations when it comes to digital payments as well, and Bitcoin is the main one here, although money is still the dominant need of people in all countries.

And it cannot be denied that many big investors are saving up and buying Bitcoin because they see great potential in the future that the chances are high that it will give a good profit to our capitals that will be used here.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 466
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
From what i have observed, Uk government had took some sever restrictions towards crypto industry plus any payment system than any other country like USA. This not really surprised me, because in our side when we make any transaction towards banks they only ask the purpose of it and i always select the family support option. The point is, yeah i also agree with you that Government do want to control the flow of your money and do want to know the reasons of it.

As the intermediate website is also belong to UK enterprises. Well, i think you need not to worry because UK government is already know alot about their citizens. Idk why they are so strict about it.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 2444
https://JetCash.com
I decided to give myself a birthday present of £100 worth of premium bonds. I started the payment request on the NS&I website, and I have done this several times in the past using my card reader. It's usually fairly straightforward with only one request to use the card reader. This time was different, as it took me to an intermediate site run by a company called ecospend - here is their public sector declaration. https://ecospend.com/public-sector/
This is obviously a foretaste of things to come. It first asked me to use my card reader to create a one time code, and it used that to access my account, and told me my current balance - well I already knew that. Then it took me to a page and asked a load of questions with personal details, and the purpose of the payment. It then went through the normal payment process on the card reader to take the money. Previously I got immediate notification of the transfer in my NS&I account. I did all this over an hour ago, and I still haven't received notification. I phoned Nationwide ( my bank ) to check on the payment, and everything seems to be legitimate. This seems to be the start of a move to a new  payment system, and government surveillance of the way we use our money.

Watch this thread for more details.
Pages:
Jump to: