Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin and Hype Cycle - page 2. (Read 4127 times)

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
November 27, 2011, 09:45:45 PM
I suspect bitcoin will have a few more bubbles rise and burst before we settle into the the "Slope of Enlightenment" and "Plateau of productivity".

Right now we have Max Keiser going nuts on twitter pushing bicoin all of a sudden, plus the Wired article hit just before the (american) long holiday weekend.

I predict a bubble next week.  Smiley

The first cycle has to reach the the Plateau of Productivity before a second Cycle can begin.

We are still approaching the Through of Disillusionment, although some people are already there. Since you made this statement you aren't one of them.
Or did you forget the sarcasm tags? Wink

Note: The Through of Disillusionment is by definition a state where the press has abandoned the topic. The articles you are talking about here are the kiss and goodbye type so we are really close.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
November 27, 2011, 09:28:20 PM
I suspect bitcoin will have a few more bubbles rise and burst before we settle into the the "Slope of Enlightenment" and "Plateau of productivity".

Right now we have Max Keiser going nuts on twitter pushing bicoin all of a sudden, plus the Wired article hit just before the (american) long holiday weekend.

I predict a bubble next week.  Smiley
Activity: 314
Merit: 251
November 27, 2011, 09:15:12 PM
I'll make it short and just throw in a link.

It something I suggested when everyone was talking about the bursting bubble: What comes afterwords? Well, since the price seems to settle and we aren't in an endless fall anymore I wonder when the "Slope of Enlightenment" sets in and how long it will take until we reach the "Plateau of productivity".

My guess (and it's really just a guess of someone without any background on economics) is that this will take a few more years. I think the market will continue to grow, as it always did (regardless of prices or users jumping in and out) and this will cause hoarders to buy stuff. I consider myself to be a hoarder and there are more and more interesting products coming along and I buy more often, especially now when it is Christmas time. At least that's true for me as an early adopter, someone who is using Bitcoin because he likes the concept, ease of use, decentralization - well a piece of freedom. I think it's also nice for merchants, who gain customers just because of offering stuff for BTCs. At least I am such a customer, but I guess that's a story for another forum.

Anyways, what are your thought son this?
Pages:
Jump to: